Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

Don't Get Mad, Get Famous really does lend itself to a wonderful theme she could've centered the entire album around. No matter whether she'd finish the song or included it as a cute album opening interlude it's a win/win either way.

This is Bonnie though :cry:

Edited by Bambi101
  • Like 2

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Bambi101 said:

Don't Get Mad, Get Famous really does lend itself to a wonderful theme she could've centered the entire album around. No matter whether she'd finish the song or included it as a cute album opening interlude it's a win/win either way.

they can't haaaaaandle greatness 

• LMAO 1

16 hours ago, Bambi101 said:

tbh she could just remove 2nd verse (which repeats itself anyway) and we'd have perfect album opener... the wasted potential the Bonner had

• Like 2

4 hours ago, low kii savage said:

Y'all shall enjoy my intro remake for DGMGF and use it or else no more Bonner leaks nor releases

https://onlyfiles.io/f/62814fab2303468f932ed499469a7139

:orly:

With this as the album opening and S.LA.Y. as track #2 I think it's a very solid start for the album! Thanks for doing this. Gonna try it as the intro too :yaskween: 

• Like 2
  • YAAASSS 1

On 4/9/2022 at 5:12 AM, cocomong said:

omg i need those robyn troup cowrites

I was gonna do a big post here with some info on some of the tracks but it was messy and too much work and I'm lazy, and then didn't feel like logging in for like a month.

So anyway, I'm not sure if I'm misreading the list or Bambi missed it or just not mentioned this or what. But Robyn Troup - Poseur did leak.

I actually leaked it years ago as a Bonnie track, cause that's what the site said and this was before we really had Bonnie demo leaks.

Robyn Troup - Poseur [Bonnie McKee, Robyn Troup, Mladen]

https://onlyfiles.io/f/415f6e7fcc554187acd7a278822dda4d

Also, about artists and the rights to songs...I could write a whole essay even though I'm not really an expert (and I did start an essay but got tired of it). But long story short: an artist owning the rights to the masters of their songs does not necessarily give them the right to use those songs as they please. When songs don't get acquired or aren't released initially (within the terms of the contract, which is usually about 3 years), those songs are owned by the writers (and their publishers). In pop music, this generally means that the producer(s) own(s) 50% of the song (since most of the time they composed the music, and the writer(s) wrote the topline to that track). They're usually the ones that get to decide what happens to tracks that remain unreleased, to put it very simply.

It depends on the contract of course, and since most of the tracks were written specifically for her as an artist with producers she knows well, most of them aren't that likely to be heavily shopped around. But for Bonnie to shop them around or release them herself, she would probably still have to go through the regular channels to actually license those songs?

• Like 4
  • YAAASSS 2

2 hours ago, Otaku said:

I was gonna do a big post here with some info on some of the tracks but it was messy and too much work and I'm lazy, and then didn't feel like logging in for like a month.

So anyway, I'm not sure if I'm misreading the list or Bambi missed it or just not mentioned this or what. But Robyn Troup - Poseur did leak.

I actually leaked it years ago as a Bonnie track, cause that's what the site said and this was before we really had Bonnie demo leaks.

Also, about artists and the rights to songs...I could write a whole essay even though I'm not really an expert (and I did start an essay but got tired of it). But long story short: an artist owning the rights to the masters of their songs does not necessarily give them the right to use those songs as they please. When songs don't get acquired or aren't released initially (within the terms of the contract, which is usually about 3 years), those songs are owned by the writers (and their publishers). In pop music, this generally means that the producer(s) own(s) 50% of the song (since most of the time they composed the music, and the writer(s) wrote the topline to that track). They're usually the ones that get to decide what happens to tracks that remain unreleased, to put it very simply.

It depends on the contract of course, and since most of the tracks were written specifically for her as an artist with producers she knows well, most of them aren't that likely to be heavily shopped around. But for Bonnie to shop them around or release them herself, she would probably still have to go through the regular channels to actually license those songs?

oh man thank yo so so much for this! she rarely releases anything anymore and i love robyn's voice so much.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Otaku said:

it's so good, thank you! 

• YAAASSS 1

https://www.idolator.com/7598858/bonnie-mckee-interview-bombastic-ep?andro=1

She definately didn’t have ownership when she left

july 1st 2015: Yeah, there’s a whole album. I toured with it, I opened up for Karmin last year. The songs are still alive, but I’m in legal limbo with Epic. […] I plan on getting them back… I may have to re-record them. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, reflection said:

https://www.idolator.com/7598858/bonnie-mckee-interview-bombastic-ep?andro=1

She definately didn’t have ownership when she left

july 1st 2015: Yeah, there’s a whole album. I toured with it, I opened up for Karmin last year. The songs are still alive, but I’m in legal limbo with Epic. […] I plan on getting them back… I may have to re-record them. 

That was probably at the time of her negotiations then. Now that she does own them, it must be the producers and her own laziness and/or perfectionism at fault. Tbh, I'm over it because we do have the full album sans Forever 21. 

Thank you so much for the extra insight @Otaku -- I'll update my post with the new info on Poseur ❤️

Edited by Bambi101
  • Like 2

i remember when DISGASTING banks got dropped or left she was able to take her master back and released bwet. but from interviews with bonnie i have a feeling her publishing deal may be whats getting in her way. i remember she had to leave and go somewhere else to record the bombastic ep if i remember correctly. 

• Like 1

Just now, BonnieMcChicken said:

i remember when DISGASTING banks got dropped or left she was able to take her master back and released bwet. but from interviews with bonnie i have a feeling her publishing deal may be whats getting in her way. i remember she had to leave and go somewhere else to record the bombastic ep if i remember correctly. 

omg how it changed her name lol

• LMAO 1

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)