Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

18 minutes ago, Cypher said:

Anyone know what era "Restless" is from? I put it into my version of her Epic album cause the vibe kinda matched. That summer breezy feelĀ :tan:

I always thought it was pre-Epic album, or maybe a very early iteration.

It would sound really good if it was revamped with some more of the synth that was intended for the album.

• Like 1

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, blossomcoco said:

Restless was a song she wrote for (with)Ā Carly Rae Jepsen. That song was kind of a joke because of the lyrics they said. That song was never meant to be released.Ā 

I think you're mistaking with the song "When I'm Alone" which was later given to the k-pop group "f(x)".

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cypher said:

Anyone know what era "Restless" is from? I put it into my version of her Epic album cause the vibe kinda matched. That summer breezy feelĀ :tan:

Not sure... I feel it belongs somewhere after the cancelation of the Epic album and before theĀ BombasticĀ era, so I'd say it's like 2014, but it's just my own speculation. Haven't found any official info about it. Same goes for I Can Totally Do This and other similar songs like Hallelujah, Speed of Light, Stud Muffin, Always on My Mind...

EDIT: don't mind my nonsense, was just speculating. Just read it was a pitch for Carly Rae Jepsen.

Ā 

Edited by Moonchild

2 hours ago, Theprettyymess said:

What do you guys think the actual epic track listĀ would have been?Ā 

I have a provisional tracklist like this:

1. S.L.A.Y.
  2. American Girl
  3. Jennyā€™s Got a Boyfriend
  4. I Wanna Fucking Call You
  5. Somebodyā€™s Gonna Get Hurt
  6. Rewind Your Heart*
  7. Forever 21*
  8. Hot City*
  9. Everything But You*
  10. Unlock Your Love
  11. My So Called Life
  12. Right Now*
  13. Don't Get Mad, Get Famous*
  14. Sleepwalker (Bonus Track)
  15. Stars In Your Heart (Bonus Track)

The mark (*) means a song is unleaked.

She said the album could have from 12 to 14 songs. I put 13 plus two bonus. Since Sleepwalker has been said to be excluded from the album, I just put it as a bonus track, and Stars In Your Heart didn't fitĀ withinĀ the album so I just slapped it at the end.

Lyrically, I think the tracks 3, 4 and 5 should go together to make a logic story-telling sequence.

S.L.A.Y. and American Girl needed to be at the very beginning, although they can be swapped in order. Both very "main singles" from the album, if you ask me.

Forever 21, Hot City, Everything But You and Unlock Your Love felt like a good songs run so I kept them that way and in the middle of the album.

I don't remember how the Don't Get Mad, Get Famous snippet sounds like, but the title screams album closing track so I put it there.

Bonnie should hire me to craft her albums :dealwithit:Ā if she knew how many albums I've sketched with her tons of unreleased stuff...

Edited by Moonchild
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Moonchild said:

I have a provisional tracklist like this:

1. S.L.A.Y.
  2. American Girl
  3. Jennyā€™s Got a Boyfriend
  4. I Wanna Fucking Call You
  5. Somebodyā€™s Gonna Get Hurt
  6. Rewind Your Heart*
  7. Forever 21*
  8. Hot City*
  9. Everything But You*
  10. Unlock Your Love
  11. My So Called Life
  12. Right Now*
  13. Don't Get Mad, Get Famous*
  14. Sleepwalker (Bonus Track)
  15. Stars In Your Heart (Bonus Track)

The mark (*) means a song is unleaked.

She said the album could have from 12 to 14 songs. I put 13 plus two bonus. Since Sleepwalker has been said to be excluded from the album, I just put it as a bonus track, and Stars In Your Heart didn't fitĀ withinĀ the album so I just slapped it at the end.

Lyrically, I think the tracks 3, 4 and 5 should go together to make a logic story-telling sequence.

S.L.A.Y. and American Girl needed to be at the very beginning, although they can be swapped in order. Both very "main singles" from the album, if you ask me.

Forever 21, Hot City, Everything But You and Unlock Your Love felt like a good songs run so I kept them that way and in the middle of the album.

I don't remember how the Don't Get Mad, Get Famous snippet sounds like, but the title screams album closing track so I put it there.

Bonnie should hire me to craft her albums :dealwithit:Ā if she knew how many albums I've sketched with her tons of unreleased stuff...

I love this and hope these songs Surface soon!

• YAAASSS 1

4 hours ago, Volcanion said:

I need to figure out the tracklist and what the album name should be.

Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt is just not a good title IMO.

I'm using American Girl forĀ the title.

it'sĀ simple and makes sense imoĀ since AG was the only single released from the album b4 it was shelved. The visuals for that title could've been really cool too...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Muri said:

I'm using Electric HeavenĀ :scamhook:

Ha, stealing the idea RIGHT NOW.mp3

8 minutes ago, RadiantEdits said:

I'm using American Girl forĀ the title.

it'sĀ simple and makes sense imoĀ since AG was the only single released from the album b4 it was shelved. The visuals for that title could've been really cool too...

Me too, but I grew a little tired of having American Flag related covers so I wanted something different lol. But it's true, I think it would've worked well if the album was released. Maybe I'll takeĀ Electric Heaven as a title, it sounds amazing and I never thought of it before tbh.

• Like 1

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)