Introducing PHF'S Next Top Cover Designer!

Tyra Banks

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back to PHFNTCD! <3 The odds are high this week, with this theme determining who'll make it into the next round of the competition - the finals. Our contestants had a difficult concept to work with this week, with each one looking at a different movie soundtrack of our choice, making it the first time they have not looked at a pop musician. Will they crumble under the pressure, or take the opportunity to do something completely different? Without further ado, join me and our guest judge @Beautiful Mind and let's check out the results!

@Woodcrest - Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Spoiler

@Countess: I’m pretty impressed with the work on this, even if some of the faces (mainly on Elizabeth and Barbossa) do look kinda fake to me. :P I think the overall concept is really ambitious and striking and most importantly it fits the story of the movie! Again, your textures, colours and fonts are totally on point. :hail: Great work boo! 8.5/10

@Beautiful Mind I love how the vibe of the picture gets along with the title and I love how you removed all the unnecessary text. The original picture was too bright and the filter(s) you chose fixed that. I think this is an amazing cover for the booklet. The thing I don't like is the choice of the picture, it's very easy to find. I'm a huge fan of this movie and I was hoping you would make a cover for the upcoming sequel Dead Man Tell No Tales. I loved your Neon Hitch cover of 301 To Paradise, I feel like this is Joanne situation, you're Gaga but the album is not good as expected. It's still a good cover, the contrast between everything is amazing! 7.5/10

large.gif

Total: 16/20

@Zach - The Bodyguard

Spoiler

@Countess: This is a simple but effective cover which really captures the design scheme of the original movie! My only complaint is that I do think it’s a little bit simple - the text especially is pretty bland, even if it is very official looking. I think you needed one larger edit that would set this cover apart - whether it be a more interesting font, a unique image placement or a different use of colour. 6.5/10

@Beautiful Mind: I like the black fade you put behind the title, it makes it look like an official movie poster, it's blended very well with the rest of the picture. The font you chose for the tile is amazing, it is perfectly centered and it's creating that dark love vibe that movies has. The only thing I don't like about it is the ‘Kevin Costner’ and ‘Whitney Houston’ text in the upper left and right corners, it feels like it doesn't belong there. Overall, It's done very well. 9.2/10

the-bodyguard-original.jpg 

Total: 15.5/20

@Jump Rope - Frozen

Spoiler

@Countess: I almost love this cover, but there’s just a few small elements which really annoy me that keep it from being a great work. :/ The background and photo choices are both well done and I like the subtle paint drips, but I’m not a big fan of the shadow around Elsa - it makes her look kinda out of place and awkward. I also don’t like the box around the Deluxe Edition text, and I’m not a huge fan of the top text either - although that looks very classic Disney so I see why you made that choice. Overall I just don’t think it’s your best work. 5.5/10

@Beautiful Mind The cropping is done very well, I can see you put a lot of work into this one. The logo is on point, you added a lot of details, and you chose a pic that is not very easy to find by Googling. It captures the feeling of the movie and the feeling of the soundtrack. The only thing that bothers me is that with the area around her right arm and head the contrast is a bit weird, the background seems to be very dark compared to the character there. The other thing is that the text ‘Original songs by…’ on first sight seems a bit blurry. I think you did a very good job. :)7.5/10

giphy.gif

Total: 12.5/20

Once again, we're happy to congratulate our friend @Woodcrest for being the winner of this week's show! Your cover showed not only great editing skills but also an eye for what will make a striking composition. Time and time again, you've proved that you have exactly what it takes to be PHF's Next Top Cover Designer. Good work! <3 

Unfortunately, with every winner we must also ask someone to leave us. This week, the member who will be eliminated and will not be joining us for the finals is our bae @Jump Rope. :'( You did such a great job to make it this far in the competition and we're all so impressed with the work you've done! We can't wait to see all the amazing covers you make in the future. <3 

Please join us in congratulating our top two - @Woodcrest and @Zach! Next week will be the last one of the competition, and the entire forum will have a chance to be involved in the voting process. Stay tuned for details on the finale and thank you for watching PHFNTCD! ;) 

tumblr_inline_npjfxrOOu71qjb0m3_500.gif 

10 minutes ago, Tyra Banks said:

Welcome back to PHFNTCD! <3 The odds are high this week, with this theme determining who'll make it into the next round of the competition - the finals. Our contestants had a difficult concept to work with this week, with each one looking at a different movie soundtrack of our choice, making it the first time they have not looked at a pop musician. Will they crumble under the pressure, or take the opportunity to do something completely different? Without further ado, join me and our guest judge @Beautiful Mind and let's check out the results!

@Woodcrest - Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Hide contents

@Countess: I’m pretty impressed with the work on this, even if some of the faces (mainly on Elizabeth and Barbossa) do look kinda fake to me. :P I think the overall concept is really ambitious and striking and most importantly it fits the story of the movie! Again, your textures, colours and fonts are totally on point. :hail: Great work boo! 8.5/10

@Beautiful Mind I love how the vibe of the picture gets along with the title and I love how you removed all the unnecessary text. The original picture was too bright and the filter(s) you chose fixed that. I think this is an amazing cover for the booklet. The thing I don't like is the choice of the picture, it's very easy to find. I'm a huge fan of this movie and I was hoping you would make a cover for the upcoming sequel Dead Man Tell No Tales. I loved your Neon Hitch cover of 301 To Paradise, I feel like this is Joanne situation, you're Gaga but the album is not good as expected. It's still a good cover, the contrast between everything is amazing! 7.5/10

large.gif

Total: 16/20

@Zach - The Bodyguard

Hide contents

@Countess: This is a simple but effective cover which really captures the design scheme of the original movie! My only complaint is that I do think it’s a little bit simple - the text especially is pretty bland, even if it is very official looking. I think you needed one larger edit that would set this cover apart - whether it be a more interesting font, a unique image placement or a different use of colour. 6.5/10

@Beautiful Mind: I like the black fade you put behind the title, it makes it look like an official movie poster, it's blended very well with the rest of the picture. The font you chose for the tile is amazing, it is perfectly centered and it's creating that dark love vibe that movies has. The only thing I don't like about it is the ‘Kevin Costner’ and ‘Whitney Houston’ text in the upper left and right corners, it feels like it doesn't belong there. Overall, It's done very well. 9.2/10

the-bodyguard-original.jpg 

Total: 15.5/20

@Jump Rope - Frozen

Hide contents

@Countess: I almost love this cover, but there’s just a few small elements which really annoy me that keep it from being a great work. :/ The background and photo choices are both well done and I like the subtle paint drips, but I’m not a big fan of the shadow around Elsa - it makes her look kinda out of place and awkward. I also don’t like the box around the Deluxe Edition text, and I’m not a huge fan of the top text either - although that looks very classic Disney so I see why you made that choice. Overall I just don’t think it’s your best work. 5.5/10

@Beautiful Mind The cropping is done very well, I can see you put a lot of work into this one. The logo is on point, you added a lot of details, and you chose a pic that is not very easy to find by Googling. It captures the feeling of the movie and the feeling of the soundtrack. The only thing that bothers me is that with the area around her right arm and head the contrast is a bit weird, the background seems to be very dark compared to the character there. The other thing is that the text ‘Original songs by…’ on first sight seems a bit blurry. I think you did a very good job. :)7.5/10

giphy.gif

Total: 12.5/20

Once again, we're happy to congratulate our friend @Woodcrest for being the winner of this week's show! Your cover showed not only great editing skills but also an eye for what will make a striking composition. Time and time again, you've proved that you have exactly what it takes to be PHF's Next Top Cover Designer. Good work! <3 

Unfortunately, with every winner we must also ask someone to leave us. This week, the member who will be eliminated and will not be joining us for the finals is our bae @Jump Rope. :'( You did such a great job to make it this far in the competition and we're all so impressed with the work you've done! We can't wait to see all the amazing covers you make in the future. <3 

Please join us in congratulating our top two - @Woodcrest and @Zach! Next week will be the last one of the competition, and the entire forum will have a chance to be involved in the voting process. Stay tuned for details on the finale and thank you for watching PHFNTCD! ;) 

tumblr_inline_npjfxrOOu71qjb0m3_500.gif 

Yey. No more Jump Ho.

Archived