Introducing PHF'S Next Top Cover Designer!

Tyra Banks

Another week, another theme for our amazing designers to work on! This week is Madonna week, which means that everyone will be working on a cover for the Queen of Pop herself! Love her or hate her, Madonna is a force to be reckoned with and she has some of the most iconic covers in history, so make sure you do her proud. This is the first week where you'll all be working on the same artist, so I'm excited to see how different all your works are! As @Zach won last week's competition, he'll be deciding who's designing what for this week. As per usual, you have five days in which to submit your cover. Make sure you keep an eye on the countdown so you know how much longer you have!

Good luck to all our contestants, we can't wait to see what you come up with this week!

Madonna - True Blue

Madonna - Erotica

Madonna - Ray of Light

Madonna - American Life

Madonna - Confessions on a Dance Floor

Madonna - Hard Candy

Madonna - MDNA

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PHFNTCD is back for another exciting round of the competition! This week, for the first time our contestants all worked on covers for the one artist - the true Queen of Pop, Madonna! Naturally, it seemed fair that only a true queen would judge a true queen, so we had no guest judge this week and all commentaries will be given by me. Good luck to everyone!

@Woodcrest - Erotica

Spoiler

I know you've been struggling to find time to make your covers this week, so I'm proud you got this up! I actually think this is a pretty great cover even if it's not my absolute favourite from you. The composition and positioning is really nice, and you totally nailed it on the font. I just wish the overall cover was a little bit lighter and maybe had a bit more variety in the colour selection, although I know that's hard to do when it comes to working with black and white images. 7.5/10

@Zach - Confessions on a Dance Floor

Spoiler

This is so professional and official looking, I love it! You managed to make it classy and real while still not sacrificing your design work and the visual interest you’ve created. The photo choice is super cool and really works well with the title - even if I don’t think it works with the actual music that well - but that's Madonna's fault, not yours. :P7.5/10 

@Higher - American Life

Spoiler

I’m so glad we kept you around so we all get to see this flawless artwork! The cutting, the background and the text are all perfect - and I’m glad you added the album title though because it definitely does tie the whole thing together. Great work! <3 8/10

@wildthings - Ray of Light

Spoiler

I always love the retro filters you use on your covers, they look so classy and cool! You have to make a tutorial on how to do them because I'm obsessed. Honestly though apart from that I feel as though this cover is a little boring - I think it could have used a more interesting font and maybe something going on in the background other than that awkward green screen. 6/10

@Jump Rope - Hard Candy

Spoiler

I slid into your covers thread early so I saw both versions of this cover and I have to say, while I loved the first one you posted, this one just brings it to a totally new level! I love that it combines the Hard Candy style with the old school Madonna placement and font. Super well put together and great, good work boo! 8.5/10

@Tweener - True Blue

Spoiler

I think the blue in this cover is quite striking and effective, especially combined with the red lips! I just wish you hadn't filtered the text so it could stand out a little bit more - I feel like the whole thing is a bit washed out and doesn't have enough of a focal point. 6.5/10

@Honeymoon - MDNA

Spoiler

Unfortunately our boo @Honeymoon didn't submit any of his flawless covers this week so he will be receiving a mark of 0. :'( 0/10

Congratulations to @Jump Rope who is the deserving winner of this weeks competition! As we mentioned last week, unfortunately this week we will have two people leaving the competition, cutting our list of designers down to five. As @Honeymoon did not submit a cover for this week, they have been bumped to the bottom of the front page leaderboard and will thus be eliminated. Unfortunately, as @Tweener is also second lowest on the leaderboard, they will also be leaving this week. Please say your good byes and stay tuned for another theme coming later today!

Welcome back to the most exciting week of PHFNTCD yet! With only five contestants left, the competition is getting more and more heated as the work gets better and better. To separate the legends from the flops, we’ve decided to request works for the ultimate top five pop girls as of 2016. As @Jump Rope was the winner last week, they will be choosing who designs for who this time around. Good luck to everyone, and don’t fuck it up!

And as your reward...

tumblr_lpelurewNV1qi8rx4o1_250.gif 

• Beyonce
  • Britney
  • Katy Perry
  • Rihanna
  • Lady Gaga

Archived