Tomb Raider Appreciation

Impossible Ryan

Ooh, I love tomb raider! I love playing on console though and they haven't remade the older ones for PS4 or Xbox so maybe I should just get them for computer.

I know they're making a new movie which I'm excited about, although Angelina Jolie isn't in it she was a really good Tomb Raider and did all of her own stunts. I didn't know they were making a new game though! I just finished the last a few weeks ago for the 2nd time, I forgot the name but the one with all the camp sites (I don't like that!)

12 hours ago, hounderawr said:

Ooh, I love tomb raider! I love playing on console though and they haven't remade the older ones for PS4 or Xbox so maybe I should just get them for computer.

I know they're making a new movie which I'm excited about, although Angelina Jolie isn't in it she was a really good Tomb Raider and did all of her own stunts. I didn't know they were making a new game though! I just finished the last a few weeks ago for the 2nd time, I forgot the name but the one with all the camp sites (I don't like that!)

Was it Tomb Raider or Rise of the Tomb Raider?

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, nanapop99 said:

Not sure if it's worth posting here but some french guy is doing a remake of Tomb Raider II for its 20 years anniversary and he just uploaded a demo of the first level!

http://tombraider-dox.com/downloads/

Here's a video of it ;)

This looks so cool! I wish that they had a Mac version, I would download it in a minute.

Speaking of fan projects, did anyone ever see the fan-made Tomb Raider games starring Amanda Lepore? Some of these make me cry with laughter... :cackle:

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

$

WHATTTTTTTT?!?!?!?!?!??! I totally didn't expect a movie poster to drop! Thank you! Why didn't they use the original logo? This one is HORRIBLE! But Alicia looks STUNNING and I really hope they didn't mess up with the storyline and kept it similar to the original 2013 one. Found this:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, naecos said:

WHATTTTTTTT?!?!?!?!?!??! I totally didn't expect a movie poster to drop! Thank you! Why didn't they use the original logo? This one is HORRIBLE! But Alicia looks STUNNING and I really hope they didn't mess up with the storyline and kept it similar to the original 2013 one. Found this:

They probably wanted the film to stand out from the video game, because I heard while it's influenced by the 2013 reboot it does maintain its own storyline, etc. I don't hate the logo, honestly.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/09/2017 at 11:00 PM, Ruthless Love said:

I like that it's part Tomb Raider, part Rise of the Tomb Raider (+ DLC packages) and part originality. I didn't think I'd be sold on Vikander as Lara, but based on the trailer, I'm living her thus far. Looks like a fun film, and I might actually see it!

ooh that looks so amazing! you can see where they've taken sort of parts of the game, and then parts of original stuff. looks ammmaazing. I was the same I didn't think anyone could fill Angelina's shoes, she just is and always will be Lara tbh although Alicia isn't too bad either.

On 22/09/2017 at 9:22 PM, coolaideonfire said:

The film looks really good. I'm looking forward to seeing it, even if Angelina will always be Lara Croft to me.

Agree.