Tomb Raider Appreciation

Impossible Ryan

2 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

Supposedly, the new game will be entitled Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and that Eidos Montréal has taken over the development of the game for Square Enix, instead of Crystal Dynamics, who developed the first two games.

:orly: I still haven't played the second game (I wanted to download it for my PS4 during the exclusivity period but then I forgot about it) but I heard good things about it...I wonder why they decided to move development to a new team? Hopefully they don't mess it up too much!

55 minutes ago, Countess said:

:orly: I still haven't played the second game (I wanted to download it for my PS4 during the exclusivity period but then I forgot about it) but I heard good things about it...I wonder why they decided to move development to a new team? Hopefully they don't mess it up too much!

For me, Rise of the Tomb Raider started off slower than Tomb Raider, but the overall gameplay was so much more enjoyable than the first.  As for why they might be switching from Crystal to Eidos... I haven't a single clue.  It's unconfirmed at this point.

22 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

For me, Rise of the Tomb Raider started off slower than Tomb Raider, but the overall gameplay was so much more enjoyable than the first.  As for why they might be switching from Crystal to Eidos... I haven't a single clue.  It's unconfirmed at this point.

That's saying a lot because I think I played until around halfway through Tomb Raider and I still didn't feel as though it had quite gotten into the swing of things... :'( I'll give the sequel a go though, I'm glad there's at least a return to the tombs!

33 minutes ago, Countess said:

That's saying a lot because I think I played until around halfway through Tomb Raider and I still didn't feel as though it had quite gotten into the swing of things... :'( I'll give the sequel a go though, I'm glad there's at least a return to the tombs!

For me, Rise of the Tomb Raider was a much better developed game for Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics. Plus, there were some twists that happened that truly shocked me!

• YAAASSS 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/6/2017 at 2:20 AM, Ruthless Love said:

For me, Rise of the Tomb Raider was a much better developed game for Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics. Plus, there were some twists that happened that truly shocked me!

That sounds interesting! ;) The first one was a little light on twists and played out pretty predictably imo so I'm excited to hear that.

On 28/6/2017 at 8:21 AM, euanmelody said:

I loveeee Tomb Raider on the PS3. Lara slays my life tbh

Did you hear they're making another movie with Lara as the lead? Apparently Alicia Vikander is taking over the role which idk how I feel about...

• YAAASSS 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2017 at 8:46 PM, coolaideonfire said:

That's right, it's coming March 2018. I think Alicia looks a lot like the current Lara Croft so it's good casting in that sense, but it's a shame it's based on the recent games rather than the bad-ass Lara of the 90s/2000s. :D

Oooh, interesting. :/ Tbh I prefer Lara when she's a little more campy and over the top so I'm not sure I'll like a serious reboot, but we'll see how she does I guess. ;) I can't help but feel I would have preferred Megan Fox tho!

On 7/13/2017 at 6:22 AM, cupcakKiiiiiii said:

I fucking tried to get the Avid Shopper achievement on Steam and it didn't pop because it is bugged. :tanya:

I also want the endurance co-op achievements but I've never found anyone playing through matchmaking.:fishie:

Edit: I'm talking Rise of the Tomb Raider here. :scamhook:

When I download it we can play co-op together so you can get your trophies, that would be fun! ;) 

• 4 weeks later...