Melanie Martinez

Marina Joyce

57 minutes ago, Tweener said:

"Melanie Babies" Is it the official name of this fandom? :shocked:

The name of the Fandom is "Cry Babies" so original, isn't it? Lmao

12 minutes ago, Jump Rope said:

Yeah. I get this whole Cry Baby being a representation of her old nickname  and her insecurities, but still. It's a blatant infantilisation no matter  how she will try to defend it.  Infantilisation is making  a baby image more sexual.

178e6c2e56dc0b2f508181782bb5ae89.jpg

But anyway. I like 2 of her songs,  so I'ma let her live xd

I think it's way more than that, Cry Baby represents more than image, it's being grown up trapped with the feelings and sensitivity of the child, it can represent what a lot of kids and grown up's can feel in life, problematic family, problems with confidence, social life etc.... Most of those problems hit you harder when you're kid, you see no end, you just wanna sit and cry, while if you're grown up it's easier to get over those things, I feel like Cry Baby character is born as girl traumatized from those things from the past, especially considering she's been bullied 'cause the way she looks. It's more like grown up trying to express feelings from childhood that just won't go or will never go away! At least that's how I see it

And yaaas at this beeing one of, if not the most commented thread dedicated to an artist! :D

• YAAASSS 3

6 minutes ago, Beautiful Mind said:

I think it's way more than that, Cry Baby represents more than image, it's being grown up trapped with the feelings of the child, it can represent what a lot of kids and grown up's can feel in life, problematic family, problems with confidence, social life.... Most of those problems hit you harder when you're kid, you see no end, you just wanna sit and cry, while if you're grown up it's easier to get over those things, I feel like Cry Baby charchter is born as girl traumatized from those things especially considering she's been bullied 'cause the way she looks. It's more like grown up trying to express feelings from childhood that just won't go or will never go away! At least that's how I see it

And yaaas at this beeing one of, if not the most commented thread dedicated to an artist! :D

that makes sense :D