Who's single? (1-800-BONE)

sher179

Hey everyone! I was just wondering who was single or not on the site? I've been single literally my entire life. And honestly I go from hating it to really appreciating it. Music is something I wouldn't drop for anyone or anything. I was actually deadly in love with someone I almost committed suicide over. I thought I'd never get over them, but a new year  (2014) brought lots of clarity. I guess I have a lot of self discipline regarding music. What are your thoughts on being single? I just wanted to open this thread in case anyone wanted to talk about relationships, or troubles or anything. :) (I thought I'd make the title light hearted). Love you all! <3 

• YAAASSS 1

Single and loving it! For a while I was dating someone, but we reached a mutual understanding that we were in different phases of life and it would've gotten messy if we tried to make it continue. It was hard to adjust back to life as a single person, but at the end of the day, I've also accepted that some people are just meant to be single. There's no law that states you have to date someone or that you have to get married, buy a house, have 2 kids, eat mashed potatoes for dinner every night, and own a small desk lamp. I firmly believe there is nothing wrong with the single life, but I also don't think there's anything wrong to be in a committed relationships, whatever floats your boat. As humans we tend to be very fluid. We may like rock music for a few years and then switch to EDM at the drop of a hat, same goes for relationships. We may want to be in one for a week, and then love the idea of being single another. At the end of the day, appreciate the life you have and do what you want with it. As a single person, do what only single people can do. As a dating couple, do what only dating couples can do! If you really wanna go crazy, then cross the line and do the opposite. It usually leads into some funny stories. Single people pretending to be a couple, couples pretending their single, haven't they made movies about that?

Anyway, my point being, no one is worth taking your own life. You are in control over your life and see to it that it's the best one.

• YAAASSS 3

Haha I think they definitely make movies like that. But I totally love that perspective. It happened awhile ago. I was depressed for all of 2013 over someone and it took a lot of will power to get over them, but in the end it resulted in some of my best music/lyrics. I mean it also saved me from going to university which I would've loathed. Right now I'm single and enjoying it as well. I even joke with family how I want to be with someone new every year. Ive never dated, but I just feel like I'd love to experience so many different faces of the spectrum known as love. Also as an artist, I feel like this path will be travelled alone for a good chunk because a lot of people aren't able to handle my creative and emotional hurdles. I remember Stevie Nicks and Madonna saying different things, but the end message was how they sacrificed love for the sake of their art. Which is what I think it will come down to for me. I mean I'm turning 20 this year and it gets kind of depressing seeing everyone with their boyfriends, but then I see my guitar, get undre---, well let's just say I love music. Haha 

46 minutes ago, sher179 said:

Haha I think they definitely make movies like that. But I totally love that perspective. It happened awhile ago. I was depressed for all of 2013 over someone and it took a lot of will power to get over them, but in the end it resulted in some of my best music/lyrics. I mean it also saved me from going to university which I would've loathed. Right now I'm single and enjoying it as well. I even joke with family how I want to be with someone new every year. Ive never dated, but I just feel like I'd love to experience so many different faces of the spectrum known as love. Also as an artist, I feel like this path will be travelled alone for a good chunk because a lot of people aren't able to handle my creative and emotional hurdles. I remember Stevie Nicks and Madonna saying different things, but the end message was how they sacrificed love for the sake of their art. Which is what I think it will come down to for me. I mean I'm turning 20 this year and it gets kind of depressing seeing everyone with their boyfriends, but then I see my guitar, get undre---, well let's just say I love music. Haha 

You still have a lot of time to figure out what direction you want to take your life. People in their 30s are having kids, so in a way, 30 is the new 20. I wouldn't be too concerned with it, I mean, if it happens, it happens. If some day someone walks down the street and catches your eye, then go for it, but don't go putting yourself out there for the first person you meet. I believe that good things come to those who wait, so enjoy your life as you are and maybe when the time is right, you'll meet Mr. Right.

• YAAASSS 1

I am in relationship with my first boyfriend over a 3 years now, I also wanted to commit suicide many times but because he thought I cheated on him, but after all we're still together... being in relationship can beautiful and fucked up at same time, I met my boyfriend when & where I least expected... there is hope for everyone so don't worry :) you can do music and have boyfriend at same time, my bf is my biggest judge about my music

• YAAASSS 2

I've been single my whole life as well, and I also go from loving it to hating it at the drop of a hat! Sometimes I like the freedom of it all, but other times I really just want someone to cuddle with. :'( I did have super strong feelings for someone back in high school, but they weren't returned, and given that that person was also my best friend it just turned out super awkward. :stretcher: I think since then I've been super wary about relationships, but it's not like anyone's really knocking down the door either. Once I find someone I like I'll go for it, but I'm not really actively looking. In the meantime I'll just have a lot of bad sex and get my human contact that way. <3 

• YAAASSS 3

NOT PROUD TO SAY THIS but I go through guys(dating wise not sex wise)  like I change my clothes

just after a first date I can pretty much say the same thing about all... i'm bored through most of it

so for now i'm gonna stay single

every relationship I've been in ends in a disaster because of how I am or how they act

I feel like I make myself happy

• YAAASSS 2

10 hours ago, Emily Gilmore said:

We are all children of the universe; Not owned to anyone or anything. I believe every relationship we make with another human is a learning experience, and in your case, it sounds like you discovered you're a lot stronger than you think :)

I totally agree! I mean I'll never put down anyone that wants to get married or anything like that even if it isn't my style, but I want to experience as much people (not like sexually) as possible. And thank you :).

9 hours ago, Cypher said:

You still have a lot of time to figure out what direction you want to take your life. People in their 30s are having kids, so in a way, 30 is the new 20. I wouldn't be too concerned with it, I mean, if it happens, it happens. If some day someone walks down the street and catches your eye, then go for it, but don't go putting yourself out there for the first person you meet. I believe that good things come to those who wait, so enjoy your life as you are and maybe when the time is right, you'll meet Mr. Right.

Haha I had that exact thought a couple of months ago, how 30 is the 20. Which is a really great thing, because it does give so much more time to enjoy life and feel like you don't have to "peak" as soon as society wants you to. And thank you for that as well! I'm actually really comfortable with myself and being single right now. Also I've stopped being so desperate, even if I feel a tad sad about being single. I don't drop to the feet of anyone that seems a bit interested. 

7 hours ago, Countess said:

I've been single my whole life as well, and I also go from loving it to hating it at the drop of a hat! Sometimes I like the freedom of it all, but other times I really just want someone to cuddle with. :'( I did have super strong feelings for someone back in high school, but they weren't returned, and given that that person was also my best friend it just turned out super awkward. :stretcher: I think since then I've been super wary about relationships, but it's not like anyone's really knocking down the door either. Once I find someone I like I'll go for it, but I'm not really actively looking. In the meantime I'll just have a lot of bad sex and get my human contact that way. <3 

Totally understand that! Really well actually. I'm sure someone will find you boo, just stay your awesome and busy self until then <3 plus you gotta make some mistakes to learn Hey? ;) 

2 hours ago, carlosjsrdgz said:

NOT PROUD TO SAY THIS but I go through guys(dating wise not sex wise)  like I change my clothes

just after a first date I can pretty much say the same thing about all... i'm bored through most of it

so for now i'm gonna stay single

every relationship I've been in ends in a disaster because of how I am or how they act

I feel like I make myself happy

That's good that you know what you want. I feel the same way, between myself and my family I'm actually really happy. And I find the idea of a boyfriend nice. But with how much I have going on. I wouldn't be able to keep a relatonship so there's no need to fawn over something like that. Maybe one day you'll get a stimulating boyfriend that keeps you interested, but being happy first and foremost with yourself is always the greatest! :) 

• YAAASSS 2

13 hours ago, Not Teddy Sinclair said:

I am in relationship with my first boyfriend over a 3 years now, I also wanted to commit suicide many times but because he thought I cheated on him, but after all we're still together... being in relationship can beautiful and fucked up at same time, I met my boyfriend when & where I least expected... there is hope for everyone so don't worry :) you can do music and have boyfriend at same time, my bf is my biggest judge about my music

I am SO sorry, I probably look like such a bitch. I missed this post (I'm at work). I think that's really inspiring and I love the different perspective. I'm super happy you're able to balance music and a boyfriend :). What kind of music do you make? I really love the two different sides of beautiful and ugly, it was just sometimes it got like too much. And I guess it was toxic to the point of no repair for me and that guy. I'm happy you aren't suicidal any more. I think we're both doing better it sounds like! Thanks for the kind words <3 

I also hope we can use this thread to discuss any personal problems or daily troubles if we have them! I love to listen and give (hopefully helpful) advice :) 

• YAAASSS 1

15 hours ago, sher179 said:

I am SO sorry, I probably look like such a bitch. I missed this post (I'm at work). I think that's really inspiring and I love the different perspective. I'm super happy you're able to balance music and a boyfriend :). What kind of music do you make? I really love the two different sides of beautiful and ugly, it was just sometimes it got like too much. And I guess it was toxic to the point of no repair for me and that guy. I'm happy you aren't suicidal any more. I think we're both doing better it sounds like! Thanks for the kind words <3 

I also hope we can use this thread to discuss any personal problems or daily troubles if we have them! I love to listen and give (hopefully helpful) advice :) 

Well everything seems like movie and it is but only in beggining you need to accept also the bad stuffs and get back to reality... I don't know how to describe the music I make since it's a mix of everything,  it depends of the mood and what I listened before that day I was making it, it always ends up something totally different from what I expected, most of them are EDM and Indie/Alt

• YAAASSS 1

21 minutes ago, Countess said:

Is that by choice? :o 

I was joking, but well I've never tried a relationship, I was in love with a person who played with me and I didn't really like it. Now I'm fine and I think I'm starting to have feeling to another person (finally) but I don't think that I'll try to have a relationship...idk I'm confused 

• YAAASSS 2

On 01/04/2016 at 6:13 AM, Not Teddy Sinclair said:

Well everything seems like movie and it is but only in beggining you need to accept also the bad stuffs and get back to reality... I don't know how to describe the music I make since it's a mix of everything,  it depends of the mood and what I listened before that day I was making it, it always ends up something totally different from what I expected, most of them are EDM and Indie/Alt

Yeah that's definitely good advice. And Id love to hear your music some day! That sounds pretty interesting, i'm sure its great :). A lot of the music i make definitely depends on my current playlist. 

On 01/04/2016 at 6:31 AM, alphabetboy said:

I've been single my whole life and I'll always be <3

On 02/04/2016 at 9:10 AM, alphabetboy said:

I was joking, but well I've never tried a relationship, I was in love with a person who played with me and I didn't really like it. Now I'm fine and I think I'm starting to have feeling to another person (finally) but I don't think that I'll try to have a relationship...idk I'm confused 

It's always great to be single! But if you have feelings, explore them :). One of the mottos I live by is "never wondering what if". I mean to an extent we shouldn't leave ourselves with unanswered questions you know? If you have a feeling and pursue it, but the guy was an ass, at least you won't ever wonder or have anything to regret. And if it becomes a great relationship, you didn't lose anything either! But always love yourself first <3 

• YAAASSS 1