Fourth Quarter Predictions

Main Pop Girl

The fabled fourth quarter of the year is coming up, where stans are made, allegiances are broken, and artists rush-release all their albums in order to jump on that Christmas sale bandwagon!

:hail:

While we don't know the details of every single artist who's gonna release an album in the coming few months (and a lot will probably pull a Beyoncè and release it out of nowhere), we do have a fair few names lined up. Here's some of the artists confirmed to be releasing their albums in the coming months:

Banks - Goddess (September 5)

Calvin Harris (November 4)

Charli XCX - Sucker (October 21)

Cheryl Cole - Only Human (?)

Chris Brown - X (September 15)

Florence + The Machine - TBA (?)

Hilary Duff - TBA (January)

Jessie J - Sweet Talker (October 10)

Jhené Aiko - Souled Out (September 9)

Kanye West - TBA (?)

Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek (September 19)

Madonna - TBA (?)

Marina & The Diamonds - TBA (December 12)

Nicki Minaj - The Pink Print (December 24)

Nicole Scherzinger - Big Fat Lie (October 26)

Rihanna - TBA (?)

Rita Ora - TBA (January)

Selena Gomez - For You (November 24)

Taylor Swift - 1989 (October 27)

T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture (October 21)

Usher - UR (?)

So what are your predictions for the end of the year?

Personally, I think that Charli is gonna have a big album in the UK and will go top ten in the US, although she won't have a single as big as 'Fancy' or 'Boom Clap' again. Cheryl and Nicole will have unsuccessful eras and their albums may not even be released until next year. Hilary and Taylor will do moderately well but nothing to write home about. Jessie will do slightly better but will fail to do that well in the US. Kanye may push his album back until the new year and I don't see him having a hit single, although the project will sell well. Gaga and Tony will do relatively well and will probably go top five, although there won't be any big singles off the album. Nicki is about to slay us with a major collab and hit top five with a hot pop single. Rihanna will release her concept album this year, but all the amazing pop jams will be left until an album next year.

Your turn! :mo:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't see Cheryl having a flop album, I mean all her past albums were #1 in the UK.

Ik, but it looks like the public are sick of her victim mentality. :'( 'Crazy Stupid Love' is a flop and I read some poll where like 70% of people didn't want her to come back to The X Factor. :( Maybe if she'd married someone famous...

I feel that Nicki will obviously slay us. And I feel that she will pull a Beyonce but not in a sense that she's gonna drop the album without anyone knowing, but having music videos for each song. She did call The Pink Print a movie. So hey. Adele will be the most successful with this album. I think with being a mom and finally have a stable relationship, she's gonna bring something new. T. Swift might actually have a comeback with this album. Shake It Off so far sounds really good. If she keeps in that direction, I can't see why the album won't do really good. I'm totally going to sound biased but I really think this will be a great debut for Jhene. All her songs (to me) have been hits. She's falwless <3

You've forgotten two releases near and dear to my heart:

Marina & The Diamonds - TBA [Release date is December 12th, according to this guy, who's normally a good source of info]

Florence + The Machine - TBA [Release during the fourth quarter was confirmed by that guy on Twitter who also confirmed Adele and Taylor's albums ]

:hail:

I'm offended my future #1 album Dark Heart Trayler Park hasn't been mentioned. Obviously that'll slay the world & be #1 for all eternity.

Clearly your press team forgot to set a release date, because it's not showing on my list of new releases. :morning:

You've forgotten two releases near and dear to my heart:

Marina & The Diamonds - TBA [Release date is December 12th, according to this guy, who's normally a good source of info]

Florence + The Machine - TBA [Release during the fourth quarter was confirmed by that guy on Twitter who also confirmed Adele and Taylor's albums ]

Thank you, I added them! Also, this is a really weird thought, but could you imagine if Madge worked with Florence on her new album? That could actually be FLAWLESS. Like, edgy, new and totally age appropriate. :hail:

I feel that Nicki will obviously slay us. And I feel that she will pull a Beyonce but not in a sense that she's gonna drop the album without anyone knowing, but having music videos for each song. She did call The Pink Print a movie. So hey. Adele will be the most successful with this album. I think with being a mom and finally have a stable relationship, she's gonna bring something new. T. Swift might actually have a comeback with this album. Shake It Off so far sounds really good. If she keeps in that direction, I can't see why the album won't do really good. I'm totally going to sound biased but I really think this will be a great debut for Jhene. All her songs (to me) have been hits. She's falwless <3

I hate that as soon as Taylor releases a song I'm interested in, everyone else starts to hate her for twerking and the single totally flops. :o But yeah, I could be into her album as well! And considering how well Jhene's EP did on the charts, I wouldn't be surprised if her album did really well too!

• 2 weeks later...

I hate that as soon as Taylor releases a song I'm interested in, everyone else starts to hate her for twerking and the single totally flops. :o But yeah, I could be into her album as well! And considering how well Jhene's EP did on the charts, I wouldn't be surprised if her album did really well too!

Right? lol. I don't even get why? Just et her do her thang. Lol. Jhene's album is extremely good. Just got until Tuesday to see how her first week went.

Right? lol. I don't even get why? Just et her do her thang. Lol. Jhene's album is extremely good. Just got until Tuesday to see how her first week went.

Me neither tbh...it's all the twerking stuff. Social justice people are getting pissed at her for "appropriating black culture", and everyone else is just not understanding that it's meant to be funny and joyful. We're the only ones who understand her Minaj. :'(