Lorde Attempts to Drag Selena & Taylor; Joe Jonas Calls Her Out

Lorde may be on the top of the charts, but one of her fellow music stars does not like the outspoken 16-year-old's style. Following a series of pop music criticism, the Jonas Brothers' middle member, Joe Jonas, had a few things to say to the "Royals" singer on Twitter.

"Hey @lordemusic you say call me Queen B but you shouldn't be attacking all the true Queen Bitches's #respect," Jonas wrote yesterday (Oct. 4), presumably unprompted.

Jonas' tweet likely refers to some of Lorde's recent criticisms of pop music and two of it's biggest stars, Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift (both of whom happen to be friends of Jonas').

In a recent interview, Lorde took on Selena Gomez's musicĀ and her summer hit "Come & Get It." "I love pop music on a sonic level, but I'm a feminist and the theme of her song ["Come & Get It] is, "When you're ready, come and get it from me.' I'm sick of women being portrayed this way," said Lorde.

Similarly, Lorde criticized Swift for being too pretty to be relatable, a statement she later apologized for on her Tumblr. "There's a lot of importance placed on physical perfection in this industry, and I wish my favourite stars didn't look perfect because I think fans (me included) have these feelings of worthlessness..." she wrote.

As of press time, Lorde has not responded to Jonas' calls for respect.

This girl is getting a bad reputation and her career is going to fail because of it. She needs to learn to keep her mouth shut and give media-friendly answers.

iAZYc3E6Xuxpw.gif

I hate how she thinks women who embrace their sexuality are harming themselves. Women who sing about sex aren't degrading themselves, they're embracing their gender & empowering this generation of women. Madonna embraced her sexuality & brought on a new era of feminism by not giving a shit & showing off her body in a way that made her comfortable. There's a difference between throwing yourself at a man because you think it's what you're 'supposed to do' and throwing yourself at him in a strong & empowering way because you're comfortable with your body, your pussy and want the d. I wish Lorde would shut the fuck up and stop being a bitter cunt in a pathetic attempt to keep her career alive.

Like I completely understand like where Joe Jonas is coming from seeing as sticking up for his friends but he's a little late if he would want to call her out, no? like in an

interview she talked about how she liked the song "Come & Get It" and that it was on her ipod (idk how true that is) but that it is a good catchy song that she likes. She just can't get behind the message of the song. Also, her tumblr post basically apologized for what she said about taylor swift:

Can you explain on what you said about Taylor swift because I feel like many didn't understand - lostforasecond

sure! i think i cocked that up a bit and what i said wasn

I don't get the hype about Lorde, her music is cool but it's not perfect at all.

A 16 y.o girl who wants to show that she's so mature and an old soul? For god sake, you're 16, you are not mature at all, that's normal.

There are so many musicians that are considered feminist and they are still so open about their sexuality, just look at Kate Bush, she's a legend, she's one of the top musicians of all the times, she was bigger than Madonna during the 80's and they were two different poles, all her albums are

I hate how she thinks women who embrace their sexuality are harming themselves. Women who sing about sex aren't degrading themselves, they're embracing their gender & empowering this generation of women. Madonna embraced her sexuality & brought on a new era of feminism by not giving a shit & showing off her body in a way that made her comfortable. There's a difference between throwing yourself at a man because you think it's what you're 'supposed to do' and throwing yourself at him in a strong & empowering way because you're comfortable with your body, your pussy and want the d. I wish Lorde would shut the fuck up and stop being a bitter cunt in a pathetic attempt to keep her career alive.

YES! :hail: SPILL DAT TEA ASHLEY! <3

She's 16. Let her live her teenage years.

I'm so over people constantly bringing Lorde's age into everything she does. When she's doing well, it's all, "Oh, she's 16! How can she be this emotionally mature? What a great person!" and when she's doing badly it's all "Oh, guys, she's only 16, give her a break". Y'all can't have it both ways. :vacuum:

Like I completely understand like where Joe Jonas is coming from seeing as sticking up for his friends but he's a little late if he would want to call her out, no? like in an

interview she talked about how she liked the song "Come & Get It" and that it was on her ipod (idk how true that is) but that it is a good catchy song that she likes. She just can't get behind the message of the song. Also, her tumblr post basically apologized for what she said about taylor swift:

So like I completely understand where he would be upset, but she apologized for

both things a couple days before this tweet so ??????

Also, he kinda sounds like a delusional fan

I don't even care for Joe tbh, I'm just glad someone out there is spilling the tea on this girl. What would have been even better is if Selena herself came forward to drag a ho, but I can't see that happening somehow. :vacuum:

I'm so over people constantly bringing Lorde's age into everything she does. When she's doing well, it's all, "Oh, she's 16! How can she be this emotionally mature? What a great person!" and when she's doing badly it's all "Oh, guys, she's only 16, give her a break". Y'all can't have it both ways. :vacuum:

In my opinion, someone can be a talented songwriter and emotionally mature but still act out as a teenager does. Lorde's still got her raging hormones.

It's still no excuse tho. Britney started out much younger than her and I never saw her trying to drag her ex Mickey Mouse Club members. :vacuum:

Different era my friend. Britney was pre-PerezHilton/Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook/YouTube/PHF (see what I did there?)

Different era my friend. Britney was pre-PerezHilton/Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook/YouTube/PHF (see what I did there?)

What about Miley, Demi or Selena then? I don't see them starting shit with people (unless people started shit with them first), even though they were quite young when they came out. :morning:

What about Miley, Demi or Selena then? I don't see them starting shit with people (unless people started shit with them first), even though they were quite young when they came out. :morning:

That's true, although, I think Selena's the only one out of those three who's been able to maintain a good image throughout her career. The other two had some slipups here and there. Although, I applaud all three of them for getting to where they are.

Off topic, but do you remeber when Hilary Duff & Lindsay Lohan were both dating Aaron Carter?

Omg, yes! :stretcher: Even Lindsay hasn't said bad shit about anyone, and look at what kind of a mess that girl is. :vacuum:

That's true, although, I think Selena's the only one out of those three who's been able to maintain a good image throughout her career. The other two had some slipups here and there. Although, I applaud all three of them for getting to where they are.

Agreed, but even Miley and Demi have never resorted to bringing others down, despite their own personal image crises. I mean, Miley might have shaded Sinead a few days ago, but that was kind of deserved so...:vacuum: