AI Generated Music

Main Pop Girl

On 2/9/2023 at 3:51 PM, tajd said:

How in the world is this possible. I love to watch a tutorial how it’s made. It’s fascinating  

Idk the full process but the common (if you can call it that) method takes the raw vocals of an artist, learns from it, then sort of layers it atop the vocals of another artist. Thus imitating the sound of the artist, but not generating entirely new (per se) audio. A different method which generates audio off of text input sounds more like the artist it’s trying to replicate IMO but in more cases it’ll fail and throw in random notes where they shouldn’t be (e.g. the Ariana Grande cover of Diamonds)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 3:23 AM, Leaving said:

This is the only way Ms Selena will ever hit those high notes so work I guess :hottie: 

I fear you might be right 😭 but, I still love Selena's low notes and falsettos! The only problem I have with this AI generated mix is that pre-chorus in the second verse, but that's to be expected with AI. It's obviously not a perfect science, but in a few years, I bet it'll be nearly perfected. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Kesha Slays said:

Tell me this doesn't sound like Britney throughout a good majority of the song. Go ahead, tell me! I'm serious tho, this is so spot on it's crazy!! To me, only the last idk maybe 20 seconds don't sound like her, but the rest... Call me impressed. 

I can hear her in there, but Britney has such a distinct way of singing certain things (like her mmmyeaaah's and weird way of pronouncing "me") that it's missing a lot of her character imo. Still cool though! I would love someone to make a version of Britney singing 'Graffiti My Soul' or 'Milkshake'!

11 hours ago, Kesha Slays said:

I fear you might be right 😭 but, I still love Selena's low notes and falsettos! The only problem I have with this AI generated mix is that pre-chorus in the second verse, but that's to be expected with AI. It's obviously not a perfect science, but in a few years, I bet it'll be nearly perfected. 

I love Selena's voice too! So sultry and sexy. I can imagine if an artist actually endorsed doing something like this and provided clean acapellas of all their songs, these AIs would work a lot better.

• YAAASSS 1

8 hours ago, Leaving said:

I can hear her in there, but Britney has such a distinct way of singing certain things (like her mmmyeaaah's and weird way of pronouncing "me") that it's missing a lot of her character imo. Still cool though! I would love someone to make a version of Britney singing 'Graffiti My Soul' or 'Milkshake'!

Oooo yeah I can see that. I totally get what you're talking about! I'm just flabbergasted at the fact that it's AI! It's not really Britney. Although, it lacks her personal touches, Britney's main vocal tone is definitely present here. This AI mix is missing the special adlibs and vocal runs (that are common in Britney songs) to truly make it more authentically Britney.. 

And believe it or not, someone did in fact make a Britney AI mix of "Milkshake", to me it doesn't really sound like her tho. In some parts sure, but not as much as in "Cry Me A River"! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kesha Slays said:

Oooo yeah I can see that. I totally get what you're talking about! I'm just flabbergasted at the fact that it's AI! It's not really Britney. Although, it lacks her personal touches, Britney's main vocal tone is definitely present here. This AI mix is missing the special adlibs and vocal runs (that are common in Britney songs) to truly make it more authentically Britney.. 

And believe it or not, someone did in fact make a Britney AI mix of "Milkshake", to me it doesn't really sound like her tho. In some parts sure, but not as much as in "Cry Me A River"! 

Something about the "la la la la la" background vocals and the acapella falsetto at 1:18 sound so accurate to me :hail:   But you're right, some of the other moments sound nothing like her. It's fun either way!

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 10:29 AM, Leaving said:

Something about the "la la la la la" background vocals and the acapella falsetto at 1:18 sound so accurate to me :hail:   But you're right, some of the other moments sound nothing like her. It's fun either way!

I thought the same! The background vocals do sound like her! It's all definitely interesting to hear even if it's not 100% accurate. I kinda really like this trend cause it's a nice way to hear something new from artists who currently aren't releasing any music. But, I totally understand why some people and musicians might not share the same opinion, due to the legalities and all. 

• Like 1