Britney Planning Musical Comeback Next Month With Elton John

britney-spears-recording-song-elton-john 

Britney Spears is making her much-anticipated comeback by secretly recording a duet with Elton John of his song “Tiny Dancer,” Page Six has exclusively learned. The track is set to be released by Universal Music next month, sources tell us.

The pop star, 40, quietly met with John, 75, at a Beverly Hills recording studio last week to cut a new take on his beloved 1971 classic.

“This was Elton’s idea, and Britney is a huge fan. They have recorded a remix of ‘Tiny Dancer’ as a full duet — and it is incredible,” one music industry insider shares. "Britney was in the studio in Beverly Hills last week with Elton for the super-secret recording session overseen by uber-producer Andrew Watt.”

Watt, whose studio is in the basement of his home, has produced albums for the likes of Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Pearl Jam and Ozzy Osbourne and won the 2021 Grammy Award for Producer of the Year.

“They’ve already played it for people at their record label, and everybody is freaking out. It is so good,” the source teases. “They are saying this is going to be the song of the summer. Britney is officially back. She’s back to work, and she’s super excited.”

The source tells us that the appetite for Spears’ comeback is so big that she also scored “a record-breaking deal” from the label to record with John.

“Tiny Dancer” was written by John and Bernie Taupin. It was originally released on John’s 1971 album, “Madman Across the Water,” and then as a single in 1972. It was ranked as No. 47 on Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Songs of All Time in 2021.

Reps for Spears, John and their record label didn’t immediately comment.

It's Page Six, so let's take it with a grain of salt :orly: But Sam and Britney's assistant Vicky apparently both liked posts about it so it seems like it might be happening :excited: 

If it's true, this is a great way for her to dip her feet back into music without having to commit to a full album yet! I liked the new version of BOMT she posted on her Insta recently so I hope her voice sounds just as cool on this <3 Come through Britney!

• Like 2
  • YAAASSS 1

13 hours ago, Heartbreak Anthem said:

It would not surprise me... especially with Elton's successful collaboration with Dua Lipa!!

Look how big his song with Dua was, even with absolutely no promo or proper music video. Imagine how big his song with Britney will be if they actually put effort into it :hail: 

• Like 3

I had no idea about the Elton/Dula Peepa song but that's cuz I'm currently living under a rock and only check for Bonnie news online 💀:cypher:

This sounds like a great way to start a new chapter in her music career and it's a great opportunity for reinvention as well. Us Britneystas always knew girl can absolutely belt out a song and serve powerhouse vocals! Now it's so blatantly clear team Cship not only took away her voice in terms of her being able to speak her mind, but they also made it a point to literally mute her mic so she can't express herself artistically. I KNOW that whatever she's going to do music-wise from now on (on her own terms), she's gonna SLAY.

• Shook 1

On 7/27/2022 at 8:14 PM, Bambi101 said:

I had no idea about the Elton/Dula Peepa song but that's cuz I'm currently living under a rock and only check for Bonnie news online 💀:cypher:

This sounds like a great way to start a new chapter in her music career and it's a great opportunity for reinvention as well. Us Britneystas always knew girl can absolutely belt out a song and serve powerhouse vocals! Now it's so blatantly clear team Cship not only took away her voice in terms of her being able to speak her mind, but they also made it a point to literally mute her mic so she can't express herself artistically. I KNOW that whatever she's going to do music-wise from now on (on her own terms), she's gonna SLAY.

Omg, how did you miss that Elton and Dua song? :shocked: I swear I was hearing it at least once a day for a while a few months ago :stretcher: It's actually pretty good though, you should check it out!

• 2 weeks later...