Are You Happy Where You Are?

Newtooz18

Homos and Homoesses,

Sorry to turn shit political, but with recent developments - are you confident and safe and secure in your country?

I have mentioned a million times that I have been traveling for years as my own country is a shit hole (UK) but I know there are obviously countries in a lot worse predicament than mine.

I hear some Europian countries like Sweden and Norway have good qualities of living and from personal experience, New Zealand is also a sexy country to reside in but to me it seems like the whole world is just going through the motions, dealing with shit forced upon us by our own "democratically appointed" government of liars, thieves and whores. Descicions out of our control and the hoes in suits protecting their own interests. Does anybody have an opinion on the BEST country to live in or the worst?

#Darrenisdrunkandstartsrandomthreadsinsteadofseeingashrink

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Newtooz18 said:

Homos and Homoesses,

Sorry to turn shit political, but with recent developments - are you confident and safe and secure in your country?

I have mentioned a million times that I have been traveling for years as my own country is a shit hole (UK) but I know there are obviously countries in a lot worse predicament than mine.

I hear some Europian countries like Sweden and Norway have good qualities of living and from personal experience, New Zealand is also a sexy country to reside in but to me it seems like the whole world is just going through the motions, dealing with shit forced upon us by our own "democratically appointed" government of liars, thieves and whores. Descicions out of our control and the hoes in suits protecting their own interests. Does anybody have an opinion on the BEST country to live in or the worst?

#Darrenisdrunkandstartsrandomthreadsinsteadofseeingashrink

as a new yorker, eh. i feel pretty safe here, but still conflicted with all this COVID stuff.

also, love your name!!

• Like 2

First of all I'm jealous of you for getting to travel so much! I haven't been overseas in a few years now and I'm really missing it :yeah: But how do you handle constantly moing all the time? Isn't it annoying to have to set up new bank accounts and get new accomodation and all that every year or two?

I live in Australia. Things here are...okay, but of course like most governments ours is corrupt, incompetent and mostly useless. Moreover, there's a real lack of creativity or culture among most people who live in Australia who really only care about beaches, beer and barbeques :cackle:  Still not as bad as living in Russia or China of course but we have a long way to go to improve. With that said, we are very isolated from the rest of the world and mostly removed from world politics so I do feel very safe living here.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, tropicalian said:

Answering the thread title - No, I'm living in Poland.
The people here are rude hoes, they're homophobic, strictly catholic.
The housing market is really bad there, the prices are crazy now.

I'm not sure which country is the best to live in at all, but i would say Canada, Switzerland or Netherlands.

I am sorry to hear thatabout Poland and it is a shame Brexit has made it harder for you guys to live and work e elsewhere.

I have worked with many amazing Polish, Romanian and Russian people etc in the hospitality industry in the UK for a few years and they were always hard working and respectful and happy to work for any opportunities. Also the majority I met were not openly homophobic but I suspect that is because they were in Brighton which is notoriously gay.

I think when people leave their home environment and experience other cultures and ways of life, they become more tolerant and open minded.

New Zealand is my definite favourite country out of all I have traveled and even Canada has many problems with drugs and homelessness etc.

I hear the Netherlands is fantastic also but have not been there yet.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, tajd said:

I am very happy with my life I went through some awful shit for a few years but I came out the other side surviving and you will go OP, same goes for you @tropicalian never give up. 

Thank you for your words, it just feels like the world has been in a collective depression for the last few years and things are getting worse instead of better.

Yesterday and all weekend I was miserable because of life in general but also on Friday afternoon I took my puppy to the shop and left her out of my sight for literally 60 seconds and somebody unchained her lead and stole her. Apparently this is common here in Brazil but she only understood English and I was so scared for her, thinking maybe I had abandoned her, she wouldn't understand what they were saying to her or even know her name. I was drunk and low when I made the OP but this morning I woke up and found she had escaped (or they had thrown her away) and she found her way back here to me! I have had such a change in mood today - it's also Carnival here and the weather is lush so yeah, good days and bad days!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, curiosityjepsen said:

as a new yorker, eh. i feel pretty safe here, but still conflicted with all this COVID stuff.

also, love your name!!

Thank you and New York is an AMAZING city! So much to see and do!

I needed a username for a work account when I moved to OZ so the name new to oz just stuck and I have used it ever since!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leaving said:

First of all I'm jealous of you for getting to travel so much! I haven't been overseas in a few years now and I'm really missing it :yeah: But how do you handle constantly moing all the time? Isn't it annoying to have to set up new bank accounts and get new accomodation and all that every year or two?

I live in Australia. Things here are...okay, but of course like most governments ours is corrupt, incompetent and mostly useless. Moreover, there's a real lack of creativity or culture among most people who live in Australia who really only care about beaches, beer and barbeques :cackle:  Still not as bad as living in Russia or China of course but we have a long way to go to improve. With that said, we are very isolated from the rest of the world and mostly removed from world politics so I do feel very safe living here.

Haha no need to be jealous, I keep moving round trying to find a better quality of life than what is previously on offer!

Although NZ is my favourite, I had a very good quality of life in Sydney, I rented an apartment in a hotel on Darling Harbour with incredible views and could still afford to go out socially, eat at restaurants and see lots of live music etc. I also moved to a small island called Cabarita and had to commute by boat every day past the Opera house and and Harbour Bridge which people thought was crazy as was 3 hours commute each day but I loved having my music on, a cup of tea and beginning my day with these incredible surroundings as I new it was only temporary. People were so friendly but I could still see obvious homophobia and racism at times but this was over a decade ago now so I hope things are a little bit better on that front?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Newtooz18 said:

Haha no need to be jealous, I keep moving round trying to find a better quality of life than what is previously on offer!

Although NZ is my favourite, I had a very good quality of life in Sydney, I rented an apartment in a hotel on Darling Harbour with incredible views and could still afford to go out socially, eat at restaurants and see lots of live music etc. I also moved to a small island called Cabarita and had to commute by boat every day past the Opera house and and Harbour Bridge which people thought was crazy as was 3 hours commute each day but I loved having my music on, a cup of tea and beginning my day with these incredible surroundings as I new it was only temporary. People were so friendly but I could still see obvious homophobia and racism at times but this was over a decade ago now so I hope things are a little bit better on that front?

I've heard of Cabarita but I've never actually been there! It's probably only a half an hour drive from where I am though. I'm curious about your experiences with racism and homophobia if you're willing to share...I definitely do think things have gotten better on that front although I still see racism directed towards Asian and Indian people especially. 

• YAAASSS 1

• 2 weeks later...

Representing my personal life in the USA 🇺🇸 

Totally honest (and drunk)- in bit breakdown mode over everything happening right now in the world. Everything has been going to shit over the last few years. Really, we’ve survived the pandemic only to crash into WWIII?!

Realistically and in comparison with some, the USA is an open and permissive country but recently with a lot of different pockets of realistically varying ‘freedoms’. As in what is actually going to be socially permissible to publicly embrace/show. Definitely   controlled/moderated generally for the majority of the population. There are still racial/sexist issues, but I think they are generally blown up incidents (continual progress accepted).

Lately, there really are different demographics (everywhere I think) that live in a disconnected reality where Trump won and there are imaginary battles of good and evil; often in stark contrast with the real ideological conflicts today. 

All that being said, I’ll be open and disclose honestly: straight male, white/hispanic, live with n the southwest, average attractiveness, with no real (humility full-effect) special attributes, motivation, privilege, accomplishments, or interests. Lower-to-middle class, solid (but unfulfilling and (because I work alongside my wife) dead-end job, mortgaged house, with higher (but self-aborted) higher-education. Married, but in a discrete open relationship. I feel like I can pass for average ‘guy’ in conservative situations where it’s easier to, but also have much less opportunity to really connect with people on the same cultural/intellectual level (not to sound conceited). There is still (from my experience) societal prejudice against non-monogamous relationships. Everyday living is easy enough, with some caveats. 

Take all that for what you will, and happy to answer any questions! I don’t oppose the ‘politicization’ of this thread- I think open discussion is fantastic! Leads to all sorts of conversations and understanding. 

I really think any communication and I understanding between everyone around the world can help, in some small way, to help bring about a more stable, accepting future. Hopefully this is a little piece of a larger puzzle towards a brighter future? 

Peace and love to hear you all! 💕 

• YAAASSS 1

1 hour ago, 365MM said:

Representing my personal life in the USA 🇺🇸 

Totally honest (and drunk)- in bit breakdown mode over everything happening right now in the world. Everything has been going to shit over the last few years. Really, we’ve survived the pandemic only to crash into WWIII?!

Realistically and in comparison with some, the USA is an open and permissive country but recently with a lot of different pockets of realistically varying ‘freedoms’. As in what is actually going to be socially permissible to publicly embrace/show. Definitely   controlled/moderated generally for the majority of the population. There are still racial/sexist issues, but I think they are generally blown up incidents (continual progress accepted).

Lately, there really are different demographics (everywhere I think) that live in a disconnected reality where Trump won and there are imaginary battles of good and evil; often in stark contrast with the real ideological conflicts today. 

All that being said, I’ll be open and disclose honestly: straight male, white/hispanic, live with n the southwest, average attractiveness, with no real (humility full-effect) special attributes, motivation, privilege, accomplishments, or interests. Lower-to-middle class, solid (but unfulfilling and (because I work alongside my wife) dead-end job, mortgaged house, with higher (but self-aborted) higher-education. Married, but in a discrete open relationship. I feel like I can pass for average ‘guy’ in conservative situations where it’s easier to, but also have much less opportunity to really connect with people on the same cultural/intellectual level (not to sound conceited). There is still (from my experience) societal prejudice against non-monogamous relationships. Everyday living is easy enough, with some caveats. 

Take all that for what you will, and happy to answer any questions! I don’t oppose the ‘politicization’ of this thread- I think open discussion is fantastic! Leads to all sorts of conversations and understanding. 

I really think any communication and I understanding between everyone around the world can help, in some small way, to help bring about a more stable, accepting future. Hopefully this is a little piece of a larger puzzle towards a brighter future? 

Peace and love to hear you all! 💕 

Feel like I got to know you so much better with this post <3 And I relate on a spiritual level to "with no real (humility full-effect) special attributes, motivation, privilege, accomplishments, or interests" :yeah: 

At least it sounds like you have a solid relationship though! I think there's definitely still prejudice against non-monogamous relationships, but it seems a lot more accepted amongst people of younger generations. Of course, if you're gay it's pretty much expected at this point that you be fucking a different guy every night even if you are married :cackle: So maybe you just need to make more gay friends who get your lifestyle and who'll probably try and suck your dick every time you get drunk <3 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leaving said:

Feel like I got to know you so much better with this post <3 And I relate on a spiritual level to "with no real (humility full-effect) special attributes, motivation, privilege, accomplishments, or interests" :yeah: 

At least it sounds like you have a solid relationship though! I think there's definitely still prejudice against non-monogamous relationships, but it seems a lot more accepted amongst people of younger generations. Of course, if you're gay it's pretty much expected at this point that you be fucking a different guy every night even if you are married :cackle: So maybe you just need to make more gay friends who get your lifestyle and who'll probably try and suck your dick every time you get drunk <3 

Your reply really made my day! I don’t usually ever put much of my personal life on social media, and PHF is very much the exception. It’s heartening for you to relate to my mundaneness lol- spiritual level; totally understand! As catty as it can be sometimes on this board, I’m always glad when I make a new friend here! ❤️ 

I think it’s cool you live in Australia! 🇦🇺 People who “only care about beaches, beer and barbeques” are far too common here too. Though I unabashedly love the beach (living in a desert lol 🌵). I’ve always wanted to visit your country; so much varied natural beauty! Im actually watching “Australia’s Next Top Model” right now (up to either s6 or 7 I think) and constantly enjoying everything about your side of the world! 

As far as non-monogamy here, it’s trickier to judge and maybe I painted a slightly skewed picture of the situation. I think it is more common and accepted among the younger generation. I’m 33 and play straight solo, which statistically happens to put me in a bit of a very large pool for potential picks with partners happening to play with others looking mostly for either more, older, or younger. 🤷‍♂️ Not trying to make this a sob story- just elaborating. Here, my age/culture demographic actually is fairly conservative, and as aligned on everything else progressive/lifestyle my wife is, it was a long, difficult sell to open our relationship. 

But now- our relationship is stronger than ever and definitely the best thing in my life! Financially prepared and soon going to be trying for a child!

As far as gay friends, 😂 I’m sure a situation like that could happen, and maybe I’m limiting myself, but the mood has never struck. You know? In a way, I am a bit envious of the openness, directness, and the non-zero-game aspects of gay relationships. I think it can be a lot more civilized and understanding than deviations in heteronormative culture. 

Whatever. Seems like everyday there’s another disaster and tomorrow should never be taken as a given. I just try to find peace and enjoyment in what I can without compromising anyone else’s. 

Edited by 365MM
  • YAAASSS 1

On 2/28/2022 at 11:14 PM, Leaving said:

I've heard of Cabarita but I've never actually been there! It's probably only a half an hour drive from where I am though. I'm curious about your experiences with racism and homophobia if you're willing to share...I definitely do think things have gotten better on that front although I still see racism directed towards Asian and Indian people especially. 

Sorry I forgot to respond to this, I never experienced homophobia myself but I was always advised not to be "affectionate" in certain places (I have woolloongong in my head but I may be wrong about that), it is more what I remember reading in the news about how Home & Away tried to do a same sex relationship with a female cop and another character (I think Charlie and Joey??) and people complained so much the story was abandoned after one episode showing them kissing? Obviously Neighbours (R.I.P) has been a lot more progressive with gay, lesbian and trans charachters in recent years but viewership is down and is now being axed after 37 years due to low ratings while completely non homosexual (or scarcely black) Home and Away still has continued success shows the backwards thinking of the population as a whole? I remember loving The Secret Life of Us and remembering they had a gay guy (the bar manager) who was literally just the token gay. 

On the other hand talking about racism, I have heard many Aussies (including the people I was sharing a house with refer to black people as "wogs" - even if they didn´t seem like naturally obvious racists - it seemed like just a cultural norm to refer to black people as that as easy as English people refer to Indians as "pakis" (even though they are from India and not Pakistan or the Chinese as "chinkies".