'The Wendy Williams Show' Ending for Now; Sherri Shepherd Syndicated Talker to Replace It in Fall 2022

Sherri-photo_16-02-2022-19-33-29.jpg?w=6

It’s official — a daytime syndicated talk show hosted by Sherri Shepherd (The View, Dish Nation) will succeed The Wendy Williams Show.

Lionsgate’s Debmar-Mercury, the producer-distributor of The Wendy Williams Show, is behind Sherri, which will make a syndication debut on the Fox Television Stations and broadcasters nationwide in fall 2022 and will inherit the Fox O&O time slots of Wendy.

In another element of succession between The Wendy Williams Show, on which Shepherd is a frequent guest host this season, and Sherri, David Perler will continue on Sherri in the executive producer and showrunner role he has held for the past 12 of Wendy’s 13 seasons. Also crossing over from Wendy to Sherri is the popular “Hot Topics” segment, with actor-comedian, author and TV personality Shepherd putting her own spin on it.

x

• Pissed 1

16 hours ago, Leaving said:

This is such a step down. Sherri was fun on The View but I really don't think she can pull off a whole talk show on her own :awkwardney: Wendy may have been problematic at times but at least she was 100% herself and made great TV! :spy:

Never a regular watcher but I agree completely.

• Sad 1

Nothing against Sherri; she was certainly the best of all the sub hosts and knew how to bring a sense of 'familiarity' back in wake of Wendy's absence, but imo, she's far too safe and inoffensive to stand the test of time, let alone replace Wendy. I know her show will have a different atmosphere and character to it, but what will distinguish her from, say, Drew Berrymore or Ellen (besides race obviously)? I don't even need to watch a single episode to tell it will be one of those family friendly wholesome daytime talk shows and that's why Queen Latifah got canceled after her second season, while Wendy had the audience wrapped around the purple chair. Like it or not, Wendy has the C.U.N.T. necessary to survive on TV for as long as she has, and if her health wasn't acting up she'd still be there for many seasons to come.

I don't care what anyone says, Wendy is an icon to me and I don't know how I'll go on living without the show,

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 2/22/2022 at 11:40 PM, Leaving said:

This is such a step down. Sherri was fun on The View but I really don't think she can pull off a whole talk show on her own :awkwardney: Wendy may have been problematic at times but at least she was 100% herself and made great TV! :spy:

It's nice to see Debmar-Mercury celebrate a flat-earther. I know this is one talk show I won't be investing any kind of time in. Wendy Williams was/is problematic, but she was unapologetically so, and it's why she got her talk show. People forget that.

16 hours ago, Bambi101 said:

I don't even need to watch a single episode to tell it will be one of those family friendly wholesome daytime talk shows and that's why Queen Latifah got canceled after her second season, while Wendy had the audience wrapped around the purple chair.

Queen Latifah's talk show deserved more than it got, but, at the same time, I don't know if Latifah was really enjoying it as much as she appeared to show herself as. But we don't need Sherri Shepard's talk show.

• Like 2

On 2/25/2022 at 1:29 AM, Heartbreak Anthem said:

It's nice to see Debmar-Mercury celebrate a flat-earther. I know this is one talk show I won't be investing any kind of time in. Wendy Williams was/is problematic, but she was unapologetically so, and it's why she got her talk show. People forget that.

Queen Latifah's talk show deserved more than it got, but, at the same time, I don't know if Latifah was really enjoying it as much as she appeared to show herself as. But we don't need Sherri Shepard's talk show.

Agreed. Wendy owned up to her messiness and didn't let people bully her into making fake apologies, which made her a real rarity in 2022 :yeah: I liked Queen's show but I feel like she always come off as a little phony or like she was playing some kind of character. At this point I think the only person who could match Wendy in the messiness department is if Tyra revived her talk show :cackle: 

• YAAASSS 2
  • LMAO 1