'The Wendy Williams Show' Ending for Now; Sherri Shepherd Syndicated Talker to Replace It in Fall 2022

Hahaha Patti has so many iconic moments. Anyone seen the SNL recreation?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

So, anyway, Sherri has spoken to Deadline and what the Kim Cattrall is going on?

“No, [I have not spoken to Wendy personally]. It’s not like everybody thinks that in Hollywood, we all have each other’s phone numbers. Wendy knows me because I’ve sat in as a guest and I guest hosted for her two years ago. So it’s not like she doesn’t know me but we’re not friends. I am glad that she trusted me when they asked if I could come in and trusted that I could do it.”

:wut:

On 3/5/2022 at 12:37 PM, Bambi101 said:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

So, anyway, Sherri has spoken to Deadline and what the Kim Cattrall is going on?

“No, [I have not spoken to Wendy personally]. It’s not like everybody thinks that in Hollywood, we all have each other’s phone numbers. Wendy knows me because I’ve sat in as a guest and I guest hosted for her two years ago. So it’s not like she doesn’t know me but we’re not friends. I am glad that she trusted me when they asked if I could come in and trusted that I could do it.”

Flat-Earther already starting with her usual bullshit.

• LMAO 1

On 3/6/2022 at 4:37 AM, Bambi101 said:

:cackle: This Patti impersonation isn't the best but at least she's funnier than that Sasheer lady.

I'm not surprised Wendy hasn't spoken to Sherri though. I get the impression Wendy may be a lot sicker than is being let on and I doubt she's in regular contact with anyone outside her circle

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

7 hours ago, Leaving said:

I'm not surprised Wendy hasn't spoken to Sherri though. I get the impression Wendy may be a lot sicker than is being let on and I doubt she's in regular contact with anyone outside her circle

There has been talk that the IG video her son shot was done some time ago. I just hope it is well, regardless of her show and what people think of her.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Heartbreak Anthem said:

There has been talk that the IG video her son shot was done some time ago. I just hope it is well, regardless of her show and what people think of her.

Just watched it then. It does seem weird she's getting her age wrong but I also don't know how old I am and I'm several decades younger than her :cackle: Hope she's doing alright <3 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

15 hours ago, Heartbreak Anthem said:

She'd have to take production to court, since Wendy's show is syndicated, meaning networks only pick it up if they have an open time slot for it.

But what is she taking anyone to court for in the first place? :orly: I know she said in that Insta video she was looking forward to going back to NY and working on the show so maybe this cancellation wasn't something she ever wanted

On 3/11/2022 at 3:46 AM, Leaving said:

But what is she taking anyone to court for in the first place? :orly: I know she said in that Insta video she was looking forward to going back to NY and working on the show so maybe this cancellation wasn't something she ever wanted

I'm not saying she is or isn't, but if she were to (which would be foolish, IMHO, unless a genuine violate of contract was had), then she'd have to sue Debmar Productions.

Plus, I'm not certain the show is cancelled in the usual stance. I am sure, when/if Wendy is ever able to resume hosting, Debmar may consider resuming production. But, it is clear she is not returning anytime soon, and continuing to brand a show as The Wendy Williams Show without Wendy Williams is not something they wish to do.

• Like 1