'The Wendy Williams Show' Ending for Now; Sherri Shepherd Syndicated Talker to Replace It in Fall 2022

On 8/11/2022 at 1:21 PM, Heartbreak Anthem said:

61227319-11096231-On_the_move_The_former61227317-11096231-Off_she_goes_Video_foo

And this was Wendy last month:

61229471-11096231-Questions_Wendy_s_late

Quite a transformation! But after zooming in it looks like she has on some kind of tights in the bottom pics that are maybe helping pull up or tighten some of the loose skin? I wonder if it's from weight loss or from her illness :orly: 

16 hours ago, Leaving said:

Quite a transformation! But after zooming in it looks like she has on some kind of tights in the bottom pics that are maybe helping pull up or tighten some of the loose skin? I wonder if it's from weight loss or from her illness :orly: 

I think it's weight loss from her illness, but, watching video from the day in the top two pics, she's way out of it.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Heartbreak Anthem said:

I get the feeling she wanted to be seen here though. But I guess it's another TMZ situation where even if she wants to be seen by her audience you could debate it's better for people not to see her like this :( 

• 3 weeks later...

Wendy has been admitted to rehab.

Wendy Williams is taking steps toward getting her health on track.

The 58-year-old TV personality has reportedly entered a wellness facility, seeking help as she hopes to manage her "overall health issues."

"She is taking some time to focus on her health and wellness as she prepares for a major comeback for the next level in her career with The Wendy Experience Podcast," a press release from the podcast states. "Ms. Williams is being treated by a team of some of the best doctors in the world. We ask for your prayers and well wishes during this time."

Earlier this year, Williams' ongoing health concerns previously kept her from returning to host The Wendy Williams Show, which was delayed twice before Leah Remini stepped in to guest host. Other stars were later tapped to do the same, including Michael Rapaport, Whitney Cummings and Jerry Springer.

Sherri Shepherd proved to be a fan-favorite among the guest hosts, even scoring season-high ratings during her initial stint last November. It was later announced that the 54-year-old was given her own namesake talk show, Sherri, that would take over Williams' program's time slot. With that, Williams' own show concluded after more than a decade on-air.

"She understands why this decision was made from a business point of view," Howard Bragman, a rep for Williams, said in a statement in February. "She has been assured by Debmar-Mercury that should her health get to a point where she can host again and should her desire be that she hosts again that she would be back on TV at that time."

Sending her lots of love <3 I hope she's doing okay :( 

• Shook 1