'The Wendy Williams Show' Ending for Now; Sherri Shepherd Syndicated Talker to Replace It in Fall 2022

2 hours ago, Leaving said:

Wendy has apparently officially left TV and will now be a podcast queen!

I would be here for it! But I hope we get a filmed version so we can see the drama she always gives in Hot Topics :cackle: 

I think this is smart: I do believe being on television got to be too much for her, with everyone commenting on her looks, etc. I am wishing her the best! But replacing her with Sherri? No go!

• Like 3

I'm devastated... not because the show ended (let's be real, it ended the moment Wendy disappeared) but because of HOW it ended. Wendy deserved a proper goodbye, her flowers, and so SO much more. They did her dirty! On the bright side, one YouTube commentator said the show ended the way it started.... messy! And that's lowkey on brand 💀😆

Don't know what to say atm.... I just can't believe I won't see her on TV anymore, I REFUSE to believe that. I wish they at least gave her the password to her YouTube channel, so her son can teach her how to create and upload videos and she can do video podcasts in the vein of "Breakfast Club Power 105.1 FM." She could do a perfect blend of radio and TV... it's not like anyone watched the Wendy show for the tacky segments on discounted vacuums or cooking (Wendy still made them fun though because you could tell she hated doing them lmao). I'll miss Ask Wendy as well.

Edited by Bambi101
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, napoleon said:

This feels like a hate crime and we're still in pride month, ffs

I stand with Wendy

They better not have thrown out her Statue of Liberty costume :yeah: An iconic piece of pop culture history

14 hours ago, Bambi101 said:

I'm devastated... not because the show ended (let's be real, it ended the moment Wendy disappeared) but because of HOW it ended. Wendy deserved a proper goodbye, her flowers, and so SO much more. They did her dirty! On the bright side, one YouTube commentator said the show ended the way it started.... messy! And that's lowkey on brand 💀😆

Don't know what to say atm.... I just can't believe I won't see her on TV anymore, I REFUSE to believe that. I wish they at least gave her the password to her YouTube channel, so her son can teach her how to create and upload videos and she can do video podcasts in the vein of "Breakfast Club Power 105.1 FM." She could do a perfect blend of radio and TV... it's not like anyone watched the Wendy show for the tacky segments on discounted vacuums or cooking (Wendy still made them fun though because you could tell she hated doing them lmao). I'll miss Ask Wendy as well.

You're right, she totally deserved more :yeah: I guess I'm still kind of holding out hope that the podcast will somehow be a continuation of the show. I'm sure she won't get all the same staff but I wouldn't be surprised if Suzanne and Norman stick around to have someone for Wendy to play off of. She may even call it The Wendy Williams Show :cackle:  Wendy will be back, I'm sure of it!

• YAAASSS 1

On 6/19/2022 at 2:49 PM, Leaving said:

They better not have thrown out her Statue of Liberty costume :yeah: An iconic piece of pop culture history

You're right, she totally deserved more :yeah: I guess I'm still kind of holding out hope that the podcast will somehow be a continuation of the show. I'm sure she won't get all the same staff but I wouldn't be surprised if Suzanne and Norman stick around to have someone for Wendy to play off of. She may even call it The Wendy Williams Show :cackle:  Wendy will be back, I'm sure of it!

The amount of disrespect from Debmar-Mercury to sell/throw away all those personal belongings and memorabilia... I've heard the iconic purple chair was tossed away as were the wigs. And this might go against the general consensus, but I feel a bit odd about Suzanne and Norman just moving on with their lives and hopping over on Sherri's pay roll. Yes, I get that they're people and have others they care for, mouths to feed, debts/mortgages to pay off, but I guess it's just sad to see the illusion of the onscreen friendship between them and Wendy dissipate like that. Suzanne always gave me the vibe she'd suck up to anyone and we know Wendy had sometimes acted weird/rude towards her, but Norman seemed like he would remain loyal to Wendy as they both seemed to be quite close. 🙁

Edited by Bambi101

• 2 weeks later...

Girls, I feel so sad for her. When I watched the interview all I saw was someone trying to appear tough and resilient, yet all she was giving me was someone in pain and denial. Wendy's clearly NOT taking this well and it's understandable. They took her entire dream away from her (the show, not to mention the money she's earned) and now she has to acquint herself with the world of social media/the Internet, something that I'm sure must feel very alien and threatening to a woman in her late 50s who didn't grow up with it. She's also very clearly on some type of medication. :yeah:  

• Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched the TMZ interview then. Poor Wendy... :'( She really seems like she's on some heavy medication, but I know she's dealt with substance abuse too in the past so I hope it's not that. I can kinda see why they didn't want her back on TV and I'm not sure if the podcast is the best idea for her just yet, but I'm really hoping that she gets back to 100% health soon and is able to do whatever she puts her mind to <3 

@Bambi101 You must have been happy to see her iconic chair back again at least :cackle: At least she was able to save that <3 I hope she's still in touch with Suzanne and Norman and it seems like she's on better terms with her old production team now so fingers crossed she's getting support from them.

That said, some of these lines are still kind of iconic :cackle:

"Where will I go? I'm not sure. Europe, the France...Wherever I want to go." :spy:

"How are you feeling physically?" "Better than you" :spy: 

• YAAASSS 1

2 hours ago, Leaving said:

@Bambi101 You must have been happy to see her iconic chair back again at least :cackle: At least she was able to save that <3 I hope she's still in touch with Suzanne and Norman and it seems like she's on better terms with her old production team now so fingers crossed she's getting support from them.

That said, some of these lines are still kind of iconic :cackle:

"Where will I go? I'm not sure. Europe, the France...Wherever I want to go." :spy:

"How are you feeling physically?" "Better than you" :spy: 

Lmao, indeed, her iconic shady attitude came through for sure and I'm glad you picked up on it as well :yeah:

It's kinda crazy how she can appear so tough and deliver such great responses when dealing with hyenas like Harvey, yet we know she's very fragile and sensitive on the inside. One of the reasons why I always supported her. She is a good person and I hate she has had to go through so much public humiliation and pain.

8 hours ago, Bambi101 said:

Lmao, indeed, her iconic shady attitude came through for sure and I'm glad you picked up on it as well :yeah:

It's kinda crazy how she can appear so tough and deliver such great responses when dealing with hyenas like Harvey, yet we know she's very fragile and sensitive on the inside. One of the reasons why I always supported her. She is a good person and I hate she has had to go through so much public humiliation and pain.

I was surprised that messy Harvey and his friend were relatively nice to her tbh. It's like a total 180 from the way they treated Britney back in the day. Hope they can keep it up :spy: 

4 hours ago, Heartbreak Anthem said:

I feel like Norman & Suzanne turned on her. I think they're going to Sherri's talk show.

I'm sure she would have been upset by that at first, but it seems like she's pretty positive about her old team now. I hope they stay in touch and are still around if she ever makes a comeback <3 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Leaving said:

I'm sure she would have been upset by that at first, but it seems like she's pretty positive about her old team now. I hope they stay in touch and are still around if she ever makes a comeback <3 

IF Wendy came back to television (and I don't think she will), I think she'd want a whole new team. I don't think Deb-Mar will ever resume their working relationship.

• Shook 1

• 4 weeks later...