Jesy Nelson Signs Solo Contract with Polydor Records

11 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

Honestly, I can't really see her being a superstar but I could see her being on the same level as a Bebe or a Rita. I love her voice so I can't wait to hear more of it!

ngl, as much as I'd love to see her succeed, I have a hard time seeing her reaching even Bebe or Rita's levels. Both of them have a certain uniqueness about them that I'm not fully confident Jesy can tap into. But then again, look at Camila. She managed to make it work with all her celebrity connections, so maybe Jesy has a chance? Perhaps tapping into more R&B/Hip Hop will be her route.

1 hour ago, Cypher said:

ngl, as much as I'd love to see her succeed, I have a hard time seeing her reaching even Bebe or Rita's levels. Both of them have a certain uniqueness about them that I'm not fully confident Jesy can tap into. But then again, look at Camila. She managed to make it work with all her celebrity connections, so maybe Jesy has a chance? Perhaps tapping into more R&B/Hip Hop will be her route.

:cackle: You're right! I never thought Camila would get past a first single, but then that annoying ass 'Havana' song had to take off...Maybe Jesy will have similar luck ;) 

1 hour ago, Skinny Legend said:

:cackle: You're right! I never thought Camila would get past a first single, but then that annoying ass 'Havana' song had to take off...Maybe Jesy will have similar luck ;) 

To this day, I still can't stand her. :stretcher:

• LMAO 2

i remember reading of a major breakdown on the set of a video not very long ago, she said she couldn't cope with the pression of the music biz, i understood she didn't want to be part of it anymore...

she apparently recovered, good for her.

i'd like to get over sh*tty phases as fast!

• LMAO 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, 808Dream said:

i remember reading of a major breakdown on the set of a video not very long ago, she said she couldn't cope with the pression of the music biz, i understood she didn't want to be part of it anymore...

she apparently recovered, good for her.

i'd like to get over sh*tty phases as fast!

Yeah! It was so sad to read that "Sweet Melody" was what broke her, considering it's their biggest single on the charts. Hopefully without having the constant comparison to the other girls, she'll have a thriving solo career.

• Like 1

Good for her! Wonder what her solo sound will be like?

5 hours ago, Leona Lewis said:

Hm.. the one that got bullied the most is trying a solo career after she couldn't cope with fame?

That's just playing on mental health

...that’s actually a very good point! Maybe she’s learned or is in a better place to cope now, since she did have such a hard time before? I’d like to think, anyway. 

26 minutes ago, 365MM said:

Good for her! Wonder what her solo sound will be like?

...that’s actually a very good point! Maybe she’s learned or is in a better place to cope now, since she did have such a hard time before? I’d like to think, anyway. 

She mentioned the biggest thing about being in a girl group is constantly being compared to the other girls. I do think being solo, you might be compared here and there, but it wouldn't be the immediately judgement. (e.g. people calling her the "fat one" of the group, like how Leigh-Anne is the "black one" of the group)

12 minutes ago, Cypher said:

She mentioned the biggest thing about being in a girl group is constantly being compared to the other girls. I do think being solo, you might be compared here and there, but it wouldn't be the immediately judgement. (e.g. people calling her the "fat one" of the group, like how Leigh-Anne is the "black one" of the group)

That makes sense. But as an example, people are still comparing solo Spice Girl members’ efforts to their counterparts, etc. so, unfortunately I don’t think you can ever escape comparisons. 

2 minutes ago, 365MM said:

That makes sense. But as an example, people are still comparing solo Spice Girl members’ efforts to their counterparts, etc. so, unfortunately I don’t think you can ever escape comparisons. 

Oh for sure, I think comparisons will always be there, hopefully by going solo, more people will see her as Jesy, not the "fat one in Little Mix". At least Camila went from "the annoying one in 5H" to "the annoying one". lmfao

• LMAO 2