The New York Times Presents Framing Britney Spears

Main Pop Girl

I watched it, and it was very informative. Obviously I wish it were a bit longer so they could really go into the details of some of the awful things Jamie has done, but I think this was directed toward people who really didn't know much about the situation to begin with. The media was absolutely awful to her and the documentary did a great job of depicting that. Some moments were just heartbreaking.

I've watched it as well, saw it trending on Twitter & hurried up to go see it.  It was good.

After the whole thing, being present in the last 2+ decades or not & following the headlines/happenings IRL, you get the idea Brit was just very, very unlucky.

Honestly, it's as simple as that.

18 hours ago, Violetbud said:

I watched it, and it was very informative. Obviously I wish it were a bit longer so they could really go into the details of some of the awful things Jamie has done, but I think this was directed toward people who really didn't know much about the situation to begin with. The media was absolutely awful to her and the documentary did a great job of depicting that. Some moments were just heartbreaking.

I think you’re right. This doco was more for people who are just finding out about the movement, and it didn’t really offer anything new to people who already know about it.

With that said, I wish Fe had been more open and accessible during the documentary. She was the main reason I watched because I know she’s so close to Britney, but she didn’t really give us any new info or even her perceptions of peoples characters. It’s a shame because out of everyone I think she would have the most tea and I trust her to be fair and honest.

18 hours ago, Scherzy said:

I've watched it as well, saw it trending on Twitter & hurried up to go see it.  It was good.

After the whole thing, being present in the last 2+ decades or not & following the headlines/happenings IRL, you get the idea Brit was just very, very unlucky.

Honestly, it's as simple as that.

Yes, she is unlucky. But worse than that is the fact that the legal system is preying on her unluckiness. This is a system designed to protect people but it just seems to be making her life worse.

This documentary is absolutely pathetic even if it was cool to see Felicia again. They totally rewrote the story of her life, trying to pass her off as a crucified Jesus.
All they would like was to destroy Jamie, i have no words ... Trying to pass him off as a father only interested with money when it absolutely not true. He is probably the member of the Spears family who benefited the least of her fortune. 

Britney is absolutely not ok. Britney's fanbase are in denial, completely crazy. Poor Jamie.

And about Sam ... well, sorry kid, but you can't marry and have kids with Brit right now. Trying to rebel about that it's being a total selfish kid who act with a lot of immaturity. And what he told to Page Six is all he has to say ? So not a lot of things against Jamie ... 
If Britney is really in danger and her father steal her money, Sam would have spoken since a while. Same with the other members of her family + her team. 

Fans should accept that Britney is not ok and need this conservatorship. I can't believe there are so much idiots in her fanbase. They cause of lot of pain and stress to her familly, especially her father.

No #freeBritney for me.

• WTF 1

3 minutes ago, Make me chic said:

This documentary is absolutely pathetic even if it was cool to see Felicia again. They totally rewrote the story of her life, trying to pass her off as a crucified Jesus.
All they would like was to destroy Jamie, i have no words ... Trying to pass him off as a father only interested with money when it absolutely not true. He is probably the member of the Spears family who benefited the least of her fortune. 

Britney is absolutely not ok. Britney's fanbase are in denial, completely crazy. Poor Jamie.

And about Sam ... well, sorry kid, but you can't marry and have kids with Brit right now. Trying to rebel about that it's being a total selfish kid who act with a lot of immaturity. And what he told to Page Six is all he has to say ? So not a lot of things against Jamie ... 
If Britney is really in danger and her father steal her money, Sam would have spoken since a while. Same with the other members of her family + her team. 

Fans should accept that Britney is not ok and need this conservatorship. I can't believe there are so much idiots in her fanbase. They cause of lot of pain and stress to her familly, especially her father.

No #freeBritney for me.

I'm still undecided over whether she needs the conservatorship or not. I think that whatever combo of medication they were (or weren't) giving her back in 2017 for her Jonathan Ross show appearance worked great for her and if she was like that all the time I don't see any reason why she'd need any kind of caretaker.

But even if she does need a conservatorship, I don't see how you can justify keeping Jamie around when she's expressly said multiple times she doesn't want him. Even back in 2007 she stated she was happy to go under a conservatorship but she didn't want her dad involved, and she said the same thing in court last year. There's no reason why an independent company can't look after it if she's uncomfortable with her dad doing it - and given the fact that she's already talked about her dad screaming at her and we know he broke down a door to her child's room which led to them taking out an AVO against him, I think she's totally justified in asking for that.

Just finished watching- good overview, seemed like it had a good balance of interviews/footage. The paparazzi scenes were worse than I remembered. Oh, Britney! I hope things finally come around for her. It’s not humane to live without self-determination. It’s time. 

3 hours ago, 365MM said:

Just finished watching- good overview, seemed like it had a good balance of interviews/footage. The paparazzi scenes were worse than I remembered. Oh, Britney! I hope things finally come around for her. It’s not humane to live without self-determination. It’s time. 

Me too. If she ever makes an album/autobiography/film/exclusive PHF op-ed after this I can’t help but feel it will be the best work of her career.

Stay strong Britney! <3