Femme Fatale appreciation thread

Turn Ya Head

I've been listening to this album again, and I honestly still can't believe Britney served us such a masterpiece! 

We got these flawless singles with stunning music videos:

We also got bops like How I Roll, the criminally underrated Inside Out, the iconic "Vegetables" song, Drop Dead Beautiful, the cute little hoe anthem Seal It With a Kiss, the romantic Trip To Your Heart, the should-have-been Bonnie collab Gasoline and of course, one of the fan favourites, Trouble For Me!

Oh, and let's not forget this iconic song and performance :yaskween: Because why would you need a mic if you're Britney Spears? 

Did you think I was going to forget about the single-worthy bonus tracks? 

You're seriously wrong! 

The boss bitch anthem:

The superior club banger:

The go-to song for Justney videos:

Britishney's comeback:

And the Japan bonus track that should have been a Halloween themed single:

But was that all Femme Fatale had to offer? Definitely not. THE ICONIC INTERVIEWS! 

Also, please, we all know Unbroken is one of her best unreleased songs:

And to conclude, the song that makes us all cry because we wish her vocals were on it:

Which are your thoughts on the Femme Fatale era? Feel free to post any of your favourite moments! 

• Like 2

For me, this is the best album from her!

Up N' Down is my favourite song ever ?

I like all the songs except How I Roll. For me is the worst song on the album. 

And the Femme Fatale Tour?? Also love the performance and I have the DVD (ok, forget about the bad filming and edition of the scenes)

• YAAASSS 1

7 minutes ago, ruifilipe said:

For me, this is the best album from her!

Up N' Down is my favourite song ever ?

I like all the songs except How I Roll. For me is the worst song on the album. 

And the Femme Fatale Tour?? Also love the performance and I have the DVD (ok, forget about the bad filming and edition of the scenes)

Yay! 

Femme Fatale is probably my all time favourite album along with Superficial, Blackout, No Questions Remain, Circus and In The Zone. 

Such a masterpiece :yeah: will she ever top it? 

• Like 1

Femme Fatale has some great songs ('Till The World Ends', 'I Wanna Go', 'Trip To Your Heart'), but the problem is there's just no personality to it...There's none of Britney's thoughts or emotions in there and not even any of her vocal ticks (like her "oooh yeah" or her heavy breathing). Honestly Siri could have sung these songs and it would have sounded just the same. :idkher:

I gotta say, the beats that drove the album and the pioneering dubstep that would have a short 2 year lifespan was a good move on Britney's part. To me, Blackout had her reclaiming who she was, Circus was her getting back in touch with the public, and Femme Fatale was her leaving a new stamp on the world. While I thought the songs could've technically been sung by anyone, she definitely chose a solid group of songs for the album and Trip to Your Heart was definitely the stand-out for me on the album. That, Trouble, and Scary all stay fresh in my ears.

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1

2 hours ago, Cypher said:

I gotta say, the beats that drove the album and the pioneering dubstep that would have a short 2 year lifespan was a good move on Britney's part. To me, Blackout had her reclaiming who she was, Circus was her getting back in touch with the public, and Femme Fatale was her leaving a new stamp on the world. While I thought the songs could've technically been sung by anyone, she definitely chose a solid group of songs for the album and Trip to Your Heart was definitely the stand-out for me on the album. That, Trouble, and Scary all stay fresh in my ears.

It's so rare to find a Trip To Your Heart stan! When I was on exhale years ago, people talked shit about that song and called it one of her cringiest :stretcher:

• WTF 1

Femme Fatale used to be my favorite Britney album when it was released. Apart from Big Fat Bass, all of the tracks are pure bops after bops! :yaskween: I remember buying the premium fan edition of the album for Christmas back in 2012 and I've never received it :yeah: Hold It Against Me remains in my top 5 of best Britney songs!

• YAAASSS 1

Yes this album was everything back when it came out.

I loved it all from start to finish (except big fat bass - def. a skipper!)

He about to lose me is still the standout for me.

The tour was my only experience seeing Britney live and unfortunately, it was my least favourite concert I have ever been to though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Charlie91xo said:

Yes this album was everything back when it came out.

I loved it all from start to finish (except big fat bass - def. a skipper!)

He about to lose me is still the standout for me.

The tour was my only experience seeing Britney live and unfortunately, it was my least favourite concert I have ever been to though.

I wish I had been to the tour :yeah: but did she even come to South America apart from Brazil? If so, I didn't know about it and I literally missed her last world tour :shocked:

I remember that I was thinking about going to this tour here in Portugal but it was so expensive and I already went to 3/4 concerts that year that I had to skip it unfortunately. But some friends of mine went and they loved it, apart from the playback (which they were already aware of) they really loved it! And she was really nice and kind to the audience!

I hope that she comes here again in the future!

• Like 1

EDIT: I'mma give my quick review of the tracks of this album cause I lived for this era even if it was sloppy and sis was dead behind the eyes. I remember the day this leaked and leaving a theater rehearsal that I was co-directing mid-way because this took precedence over anything else in my life. Haha! Femme Fatale Tour was also the first Britney concert I ever went to, was the first time I was over 18 and able to go to a concert on my own since I had to travel a few hours to see her in D.C.! So without further ado... (remember these are just my personal opinions/experiences with these songs so don't fight me lmao)...

1. Till The World Ends: A great radio bop, the GP loved it. I wore it out however I tend to skip it now in later years because sis has used it as her tour closer for the past 8 years and I'm over it. 8/10

2. Hold It Against Me: OKAY SO... the hype for this song with all the video teasers was INSANE. It was one of her best promo moves she's had in her entire career. Normally I would hate an artists who teases something for practically a month, however the teasers were so well shot and didn't reveal too much of the actual music video. I remember watching them over and over trying to spot things, Exhale was LIT during this time. Amazing song, amazing first single... 10/10

3. Inside Out: THIS SONG WAS SLEPT ON AND IM MAD ABOUT IT. 11/10

4. I Wanna Go: I know people love this song, but it's the skip of the album for me. I think the way she's performed this during FFT and years after has always been disappointing. Loved the video but overall her performances of this song have made me really despise it. The straight white girls of the world LIVE for this song, so that also takes some points off of it for me cause it's automatically deemed basic, even though when it came out I did consider it a bop. 7/10

5. How I Roll: Before there was PC music, there was How I Roll. In my opinion, Britney is always at her prime when she's doing something experimental or outside of the box. This song is the epitome of Experimentalney, I stan the bubblegum pop princess returning to her roots. 9/10

6. (Drop Dead) Beautiful (feat. Sabi): Ester Dean writes hits and this was a hit. It's catchy as f*ck and an overall bop. My only issue with this track is Sabi's HORRIBLE verse which has now become a Britney stan meme [insert "steamy like a pot full of vegetables" meme here]. Without Sabi's verse it would be a 10/10 for me, but because of that hot mess... 9/10

7. Seal It With A Kiss: I think this is one of the songs I played out the most when the album first came out, it's flirty and a little bit scandalous - the entire summary of what Britney's musical legacy is. The breathy "uhhh-huuuhh" during the chorus is a standout part for me. 9/10

8. Big Fat Bass (feat. will.he.not): If I look at this song objectively from a standpoint of not knowing the sh*t storm that we call Britney Jean was going to be, this song wasn't all that bad. A lot of stans hated this song but I didn't mind it. However, it was a horrible performance promo choice to loop in with the iconic bops HIAM & TTWE. I can only assume it was used as promo so much due to some sort of contract of release with will.i.am's team. 7/10

9. Trouble For Me: Love this song, definitely plays into Britney's love of bad boys. It felt really appropriate for the time, especially with Criminal being on the track. I think this song was a great addition to the theme of being a femme fatale, smart track choice. A standout part of this song, for me, are her ad-libs during the verses. I STAN. 8/10

10. Trip To Your Heart: This song was classic Britney, it reminded me a lot of a Blackout era production. Definitely a stand out track on this album for me. 9/10

11. Gasoline: There's nothing wrong with this song at all, it's perfect. It was a great promo song for one of her perfume ads, they definitely utilized this well. It's catchy, great lyrics, and the intro immediately catches your attention. 9/10

12. Criminal: My initial first listen of this track was... wtf is this? That flute threw me off SO HARD. I hated this track until it became the 3rd single and had a video produced. The video gave me a new appreciation for the track and made me hate it a little less. I don't know if I would have chosen it as a 3rd single, but regardless I still enjoy this song. 7/10

13. Up N Down: UP N DOWN WILL ALWAYS REMAIN THE SUPREME OF THIS ALBUM. IDC WHAT ANYONE HAS TO SAY. 20 OUT OF 10.

large.gif

14. He About To Lose Me: One of Britney's more haunting tracks in her catalog. I was pissed when it was axed from FFT, it had such a beautiful staging and I loved her writhing all over the gold chaise lounger. Easily another favorite from this album (clearly I have a lot of favorites from this album). 9/10

15. Selfish: This track is one of a more unexpected tracks for me from this album, I still can't pinpoint why I find this song so different from the rest of the album... if anyone can figure that out let me know. I love the hook on this though - "boom boom, baby pick me up in your Mercedes" - is a moment that I stan. 8/10

16. Don't Keep Me Waiting: It's not a Britney album unless she has her rock 'n' roll moment. (Still waiting on a pop-rock Britney album tbh.) She loves a good rock song that she can flip her hair to. It's another standout track for me cause she's throwing her entire soul into singing this. You can always tell the tracks that she f*cks with the hardest - this definitely is on that list. My only complaint is the chorus has always felt a little muddy to me, like her vocals got lost in the production of the electric guitar. Besides that, a bop. 8/10

17. Scary: THE HALLOWEEN ANTHEM WE NEVER ASKED FOR. I remember having "worn out" the entire album before we heard this track because it didn't leak with the deluxe edition of the album. I'm pretty sure no one leaked the track for a few days after it's release either, so there was a lot of hype around "WE HAVE ONE MORE SONG!!! SOMEONE LEAK SCARY!!!" when the Japanese edition finally came out. Again, like most Britney classics, she puts some of her best work as Japanese bonus tracks. A great track that could have been left in the vault but the Godney Gods looked down upon us and blessed us with a great album ender! 10/10

Overall album review: This was a great follow up to Circus. It was experimental, it was fresh. Not only did Britney introduce electropop music to the world with Blackout, but this album was another catalyst in the dubstep/EDM trend in pop music that lasted for YEARS. My fave is a trendsetter and people don't give her the credit she deserves. I don't think I have any immediate skips on this album, maybe some skips depending on the mood I'm in, but overall it's such solid work. Compared to the trash we get 2 years later, this album is a masterpiece. Not my top 3 favorite Britney albums, but definitely falls in the top 5. AMEN. 9/10 OVERALL.

ALRIGHT I'LL SHUT UP NOW. <3 See you sooon.... lmao

Edited by Glamleska
  • Like 1
  • YAAASSS 2