What's Been Happening With Me Lately

Main Pop Girl

Hey you guys! I just wanted to make this topic quickly to apologise for not being as active on PHF lately as I'd like to be. There's been a lot going on in my personal life for the past few months and I've been kind of overwhelmed and a bit depressed about things and finding it kind of hard to get out of bed some days. I know that some of you guys have been upset that I haven't been on here as much as I should, and I know that y'all deserve better from your admin so I wanted to make this thread to explain myself.

A few months ago I started doing an acting course, and I hated it from the get-go. It was disappointing because I thought I could make good friends there, but I felt as though I didn't fit in at all and was left out of the group every time. Towards the end of the course I was super sick for a few weeks and I'm still recovering from that flu now. :vacuum: At the same time, my cat passed away which I know is kind of a silly thing to be upset about but I was super sad about it for a little while. So I ended up quitting the course, which I would have done anyway but I still felt like a bit of a failure for leaving early. Around the same time, I had a lot of family issues going on with my grandma being in the hospital a lot, my brother posting statuses on Facebook about suicide and my parents fighting. Most of it is sorted now but it was stressful for a while.

For the past few weeks I've also been making CBB recaps on YouTube which is taking up a huge amount of my time. It's fun to work on and I've made lots of great new friends and subscribers from it, but it's difficult to keep up with and some of the hate comments have been really getting to me. Yesterday I didn't even want to get out of bed because I knew I'd have a bunch of mean commenters to have to respond to and I really had to push myself to keep going. Overall it's just been really getting me down but I feel as though I have to continue with it, I guess cos I want to prove to myself that I'm not a failure like my acting course suggested.

One of the places that I found some peace was here on PHF. <3 I know that I haven't been posting too much over the past few weeks, but listening to all this amazing new music (slay us Kesha!) and reading all of your opinions has honestly brought me so much joy and it's nice to have such positive, beautiful friends online. I want to say thank you to each of you who's been posting lately for giving me something to enjoy. <3 

Over the next week I'm going to be continuing to update PHF to make it more streamlined and beautiful. I'll choose a new MOTM and send out a newsletter which I know we haven't done in a while! I've also set up a new social media promotion function with @Tweener so we'll be trying to get new members on the site and making it more active than it has been for the past few weeks, because I know the topics haven't been coming as commonly lately. I hope you guys help out by posting anywhere that interests you and maybe chatting to some people on here you haven't talked to before. I love seeing you guys make friends and it means so much to me every time I wake up in the morning and see a million posts to read through. :yaskween: And as always, if you have any suggestions for how to improve PHF or interviews or functions we could start, you can always let me know!

To summarise: I'm sorry that I haven't been around for a while, I promise that I'll be more active in the next week or so and I hope you guys will all join us in making PHF explode again! I love y'all! #MakePHFGreatAgain

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • YAAASSS 2

You know, you're a human too, so you have nothing to apologize. I'm really sorry for all the bad stuff in your life and I hope that everything will settle down. If you need help, the community of PHF is ready to help you. And, btw, #PHFisalreadygreat

Sorry about all those shitty comments, just continue to read the good ones and remember the ones who are commenting the bad shit are bored as hell lmao. 

Glad to hear about the new social media function, so cool! Most of the new members come to spam, troll and leave after they've done with all of their nonsense :( So hopefully we get some cool people joining!

My suggestion for the site is just to change it into a selena gomez website, not a forum just maybe a shrine for her.  :wink:

On 11/08/2017 at 4:01 AM, lightyears said:

I'm sorry about these hard times :/ Hopefully things will get better now. Don't worry about the haters, the whole #PHFamily adores you :yaskween: 

If i can be helpful somehow feel free to pm me, i mean it! 

You're my favourite member on this flop forum boo, I love you and your amazing posts so much! :yaskween: You help so much just by being here, but if you ever want to write any articles or help with any interviews or anything you know you're more than welcome. <3<3<3

On 11/08/2017 at 7:37 AM, naecos said:

You know, you're a human too, so you have nothing to apologize. I'm really sorry for all the bad stuff in your life and I hope that everything will settle down. If you need help, the community of PHF is ready to help you. And, btw, #PHFisalreadygreat

You are so sweet my lover. :fishie: Thank you so much for your love and support! You make PHF great. :yaskween: #PHFIsAlreadyGreat

On 11/08/2017 at 7:46 AM, Fetish said:

Sorry about all those shitty comments, just continue to read the good ones and remember the ones who are commenting the bad shit are bored as hell lmao. 

Glad to hear about the new social media function, so cool! Most of the new members come to spam, troll and leave after they've done with all of their nonsense :( So hopefully we get some cool people joining!

My suggestion for the site is just to change it into a selena gomez website, not a forum just maybe a shrine for her.  :wink:

I know you're right boo! :wink: The crazy thing is it's only like 5% of comments that are negative, the rest are all really positive and sweet but somehow the 5% affects you so much more than the rest of them. :fishie: I know what you mean about the new members, some of them just make a welcome thread for the attention and then don't post anything ever again and it's like...what? :vacuum:

#PopHatesSelena, coming soon to a website near you! :orly:

2 hours ago, Woodcrest said:

I'm sorry to hear about all the shit going on with the CBB videos, will you keep doing them now that Trisha left?

+ Hope things pick up for you in the next few months <3 

I love you bae. <3 I'm honestly not sure about the videos, they take so much work and time and I just feel as though I won't be as enthusiastic about the show now that the Queen of Gay Chicken Nuggets has left. :cackle:  I'll definitely make one for tomorrow though and I guess we'll see what happens then!

• Like 1

On 12/08/2017 at 2:52 AM, Countess said:

You're my favourite member on this flop forum boo, I love you and your amazing posts so much! :yaskween: You help so much just by being here, but if you ever want to write any articles or help with any interviews or anything you know you're more than welcome. <3<3<3

Omg <3<3<3<3 I'm so emotional right now. :yeah: Thanks for the invitation, i'm working on improving my english and hopefully in the future i'll be able to write some articles for PHF! 

On 8/14/2017 at 1:18 AM, lightyears said:

Omg <3<3<3<3 I'm so emotional right now. :yeah: Thanks for the invitation, i'm working on improving my english and hopefully in the future i'll be able to write some articles for PHF! 

Your English is better than mine or @Tweener's tbh. :cackle: You're doing an amazing job, nobody would know it wasn't your first language if you didn't tell them! <3 

On 8/14/2017 at 1:50 AM, Ruthless Love said:

I hope you are doing well, and that you know you are always missed here!  If you need anything, please, feel free to reach out!

Thank you baby! :yaskween: I love seeing you around the forum, you always have such nice positive things to say and you really make my day! Thanks for the support. <3 

On 8/14/2017 at 1:52 AM, kallumlavigne said:

Sorry to hear about the hard times! :( just remember there's a whole site that adores you <3 

:yeah::yeah::yeah: That means the world to me baby, thank you. <3 

On 8/14/2017 at 9:19 AM, Charlie91xo said:

I hope you feel better soon, it seems the shit all comes at once but hopefully that's it all done with now.

sending love ❤️

Sadly it seems as though the shit is still continuing but let's hope it's finally going to end soon... :fishie: Thank you for your kindness. <3 

• Like 2

Update: My brother is apparently having a complete mental breakdown now. :cackle: He came over to our house last night and was paranoid like something out of a Lifetime movie. He doesn't want to be around us because he thinks hitmen are out to get us, he's telling us we need to move out of the country because North Korea is going to nuke us and he doesn't want to speak to anyone because he thinks people are spying on him through his mobile.

I'm fucking worried y'all. :dealwithit: Do any of you guys have experience with this kind of illness? I'd love to hear any advice you may have. <3 

I know somebody who had similar things going on with her sister.

She ended up being chased by the police, wouldn't stop because she thought they were spies trying to shoot her tyres.

she ended up being taken into hospital and diagnosed with bipolar. it was a bit of a struggle to get the medication right but shes been doing a lot better

6 hours ago, Charlie91xo said:

I know somebody who had similar things going on with her sister.

She ended up being chased by the police, wouldn't stop because she thought they were spies trying to shoot her tyres.

she ended up being taken into hospital and diagnosed with bipolar. it was a bit of a struggle to get the medication right but shes been doing a lot better

Oh god... :'( That's so sad, I hope your friend is doing okay and I'm glad to hear the sister's better. My mum wants to have my brother hospitalised but I'm just not sure it's the right thing for him...I'm trying to figure out whether what he's doing is because of his own personality or whether it's just because he's been smoking a lot of weed. Ideally I'd like to just get him off the weed for a week and see what happens but it's hard to do because he says he can't sleep without it and if you can't sleep you're gonna go kinda crazy anyway. I just don't know what to do. :( 

I'm sorry you've had to go through so much these past few months boo. I'm also sorry for your loss. & it's understandable you'd be sad, pets are family! I just wanted to let you know, that if you ever need me, I'm here for you. My DM's are always open darling <3