Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

I think it will just forever frustrate me that bonnie literally has every song from the epic album , stems masters and all, and just lets them rot on her computer after literally fighting to obtain them legally. and this is proven by when I saw her live in Chicago in august of 2015, she didn't have that band with her. it was entirely back track and it was full official studio version of forever 21 in all its glory. she has the damn songs and doesn't want them to ever see the light of day and for what?

https://dbree.org/v/cc2183

here is the clip I have of that performance, this is probably the best recording we have of the track at the moment and one of the only ones that wasn't performed with her band.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will never get over the fact that LA Reid thought this album wasn't strong enough. Shows how much record execs know. I feel like this 1000% could have been up there with CRJ's Emotion as a cult classic. Every song is just melodic magic and so strong. It's truly a shame that Bonnie didn't start drip-feeding these out on streaming services as soon as she got the rights back. I feel like she could have definitely built up a really solid cult following in the same way that CRJ has done. She's been promising to release these songs for years, and nothing has happened. You can't say she didn't have the chance to do so MANY times. Fingers crossed the remaining few will leak, we can have the album we deserved, and Bonnie will put out the other album she finished and was planning on releasing before covid.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Black Jack said:

Bonnie McKee - Hey Alligator (Solo version, with verses/different production)
https://dbree.org/v/61c8d1

Bonnie McKee - Hey Alligator (Solo Version) (Instrumental)
https://dbree.org/v/1c8d1d

was just about to post this!! thank you!! :)

Edited by bearsbummer

19 minutes ago, Lukeb said:

Did "What He Did To Me" and "You Won't Have Me" leak? I believe they are from the Trouble sessions, I'll share if they haven't leaked.

i don´t think so. :(

Just now, Theprettyymess said:

Hoping all these songs leak

same!! hot city and forever 21 are apparently next!

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1

54 minutes ago, zaynphallic said:

I will never get over the fact that LA Reid thought this album wasn't strong enough. Shows how much record execs know. I feel like this 1000% could have been up there with CRJ's Emotion as a cult classic. Every song is just melodic magic and so strong. It's truly a shame that Bonnie didn't start drip-feeding these out on streaming services as soon as she got the rights back. I feel like she could have definitely built up a really solid cult following in the same way that CRJ has done. She's been promising to release these songs for years, and nothing has happened. You can't say she didn't have the chance to do so MANY times. Fingers crossed the remaining few will leak, we can have the album we deserved, and Bonnie will put out the other album she finished and was planning on releasing before covid.

this!! 

also, has she said this about LA reid? curious to hear what really went down.

2 minutes ago, bearsbummer said:

this!! 

also, has she said this about LA reid? curious to hear what really went down.

She has said that he refused to release S.L.A.Y. as the second single after American Girl and told her to "keep writing". And she got fed up with all of the false starts and empty promises so she ended up leaving the label. She's spoken many times since then about being an indie artist and how she loves the creative control and being able to release things when she wants... too bad she rarely does. 😫

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, zaynphallic said:

She has said that he refused to release S.L.A.Y. as the second single after American Girl and told her to "keep writing". And she got fed up with all of the false starts and empty promises so she ended up leaving the label. She's spoken many times since then about being an indie artist and how she loves the creative control and being able to release things when she wants... too bad she rarely does. 😫

holy shit. so happy she left instead of allowing them control her. 

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)