Kelly Clarkson - Masquerade

Main Pop Girl

I've been working on my Kelly unreleased collection lately and when I was trying to come up with a good title for some All I Ever Wanted demos I found out that the album title was originally Masquerade. Apparently it was titled for an unreleased song called Masquerade produced by Dr. Luke which went on to be sung by Nicki Minaj! Anyway, I made this cover for my album and I wanted to share it here with you. Enjoy! <3 

Original:

mzi.fsfbslws.600x600-75.jpg 

Edit:

Kelly Clarkson - Masquerade.png

• YAAASSS 4

13 hours ago, Charlie91xo said:

Using this for myself thank you!

Interesting about Masquerade being recorded by Kelly originally I had no idea

Isn't it weird?! :stretcher: I honestly can't imagine her singing that song at all. But apparently it was written for her along with Kesha's 'Only Wanna Dance With You'!

13 hours ago, Zach said:

im not too crazy about the font, but the editing is great!

Omg, I agree with you actually. :'( I always get a certain way through my covers and then have no idea what I'm doing so the fonts are always atrocious. Do you have any ideas of what else could work well?

5 hours ago, Baby V Alex said:

I would get rid of the border and try to eliminate the "glow/shadow" of the lollipop behind the mask but this is amazing Mo

Yeah, I think I might go back and try to remove the weird shadow thing! Honestly I just worked on this for a few hours and got bored so I just left it but if I have time I'll definitely revisit. ;) 

1 hour ago, Ririhanna said:

What is the tracklist of this compilation?

Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 12.51.23 PM.png

There's a few tracks that were actually written after the release of AIEW but still in 2009 so I kept them on there.

• YAAASSS 1

21 minutes ago, Countess said:

Omg, I agree with you actually. :'( I always get a certain way through my covers and then have no idea what I'm doing so the fonts are always atrocious. Do you have any ideas of what else could work well?

in all honesty, I think the font used for Kelly's name on the official AIEW cover would work nicely. Something like this: https://jufriibrahim.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/2qk48pd1.jpg, but your editing is 100x better than that mess lol

and regarding the song itself, it might be a case where Kelly's chorus was just used in Nicki's version and they went from there. With all the different types of demos we got from that era, I can easily see her singing it.

7 hours ago, Zach said:

in all honesty, I think the font used for Kelly's name on the official AIEW cover would work nicely. Something like this: https://jufriibrahim.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/2qk48pd1.jpg, but your editing is 100x better than that mess lol

and regarding the song itself, it might be a case where Kelly's chorus was just used in Nicki's version and they went from there. With all the different types of demos we got from that era, I can easily see her singing it.

:stretcher: I was inspired by that cover actually! But I thought it was way too oversaturated and I couldn't find it in HQ. :flush:  

You could be right though. I read somewhere that the production was pretty much identical but I obviously can't imagine Kelly rapping so I'm guessing the lyrics of the verses must have been completely different. :stretcher: 

• YAAASSS 1