Scrapped Tracklists

Muri

On 12/12/2022 at 8:30 PM, genji said:

I don’t know the tracklist but the original version of Lana Del Rey’s “Honeymoon” had 2 demos on it, “Pink Flamingoes”, and “Ice Cream” (alternatively Soft Ice Cream)

omg? wait thats the real tea thank u😮

plus i know yes to heaven was on OG Honeymoon tracklist

Edited by rknhrs

27 minutes ago, rknhrs said:

omg? wait thats the real tea thank u😮

plus i know yes to heaven was on OG Honeymoon tracklist

It was considered for the album but i don't think it was ever included in a draft. like, she reworked it for the album but who knows if she actually gave it a spot in a draft of the record.

let's not forget Yes to Heaven has been reworked for every album after Ultraviolence except for NFR and Did You Know There's a Tunnel iirc. All Honeymoon, Lust for Life (ish, because it was also meant for the 2017 collaborative album between Lana and Last Shadow Puppets), Chemtrails and Blue Banisters saw a version of YTH. Poor song, it should at least be released as a standalone single (preferrably with Fine China as a-side or b-side).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rknhrs said:

btw, if anyone knows any OG Melanie Martinez - Cry Baby tracklists im begging to share them..... literally we have so much stuff from that era there must be alt titles behind im sure

i haven't found scrapped tracklists or drafts of it, but we know the album was titled Animal Crackers, Toy Chest and Coloring Book at different stages. Dollhouse, before being shortened into an EP, was also an album iirc, although i'm not sure if it was an early version of the Cry Baby project. likely though. it was all produced between 2013 and 2015 and there were so many changes that it's hard to keep track.

• Like 3

Just now, Ice Prince said:

It was considered for the album but i don't think it was ever included in a draft. like, she reworked it for the album but who knows if she actually gave it a spot in a draft of the record.

let's not forget Yes to Heaven has been reworked for every album after Ultraviolence except for NFR and Did You Know There's a Tunnel iirc. All Honeymoon, Lust for Life (ish, because it was also meant for the 2017 collaborative album between Lana and Last Shadow Puppets), Chemtrails and Blue Banisters saw a version of YTH. Poor song, it should at least be released as a standalone single (preferrably with Fine China as a-side or b-side).

yeah i can see what u talking about but there was a statement by honeymouns saying "'Say Yes To Heaven' was on the orginal Honeymoon tracklist."

• Shook 1

12 minutes ago, Ice Prince said:

i haven't found scrapped tracklists or drafts of it, but we know the album was titled Animal Crackers, Toy Chest and Coloring Book at different stages. Dollhouse, before being shortened into an EP, was also an album iirc, although i'm not sure if it was an early version of the Cry Baby project. likely though. it was all produced between 2013 and 2015 and there were so many changes that it's hard to keep track.

yeah thats really hard to keep track of that but i personally differ 3 production stages of the album: 

1. september 2013 - march 2014
2. april 2014 - december 2014
3. january 2015 - june 2015

i really never heard that dollhouse would be an album before, thats interesting cuz songs made during 1st production stage are pretty similar and i def can see dollhouse being an album!
what about others, i think coloring book is the earliest body of CB, animal crackers would be the latest concept, and toy chest might be an album containing only toys-related titles, also im very intrigued how would have CB tracklist looked like if it was released in october 2014 as it planned... wow theres literally so much to discuss about it 

Edited by rknhrs
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, rknhrs said:

yeah thats really hard to keep track of that but i personally differ 3 production stages of the album: 

1. september 2013 - march 2014
2. april 2014 - december 2014
3. january 2015 - june 2015

i really never heard that dollhouse would be an album before, thats interesting cuz songs made during 1st production stage are pretty similar and i def can see dollhouse being an album!
what about others, i think coloring book is the earliest body of CB, animal crackers would be the latest concept, and toy chest might be an album containing only toys-related titles, also im very intrigued how would have CB tracklist looked like if it was released in october 2014 as it planned... wow theres literally so much to discuss about it 

iirc the songs planned for Dollhouse were:

1. Dollhouse
  2. Mistakes
  3. Cry Baby
  4. Psycho Lovers
  5. Carousel
  6. You Love I
  7. Dead to Me
  8. Night Mime
  9. A Thousand Words
  10. Bittersweet Tragedy

i arranged the tracklist (it's not a draft) but those songs she mentioned in a post when referring to the album. let me find the screenshot.

here:

image.jpeg

although she said 'and many more'. it's likely she was just listing what she had done by then, not precisely a list of the songs to be included in the album but who knows. this type of information (or lack of it) sometimes keeps me up late at night and i hate it lol.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Ice Prince said:

1. Dollhouse
  2. Mistakes
  3. Cry Baby
  4. Psycho Lovers
  5. Carousel
  6. You Love I
  7. Dead to Me
  8. Night Mime
  9. A Thousand Words
  10. Bittersweet Tragedy

i arranged the tracklist (it's not a draft) but those songs she mentioned in a post when referring to the album. let me find the screenshot.

here:

image.jpeg

although she said 'and many more'. it's likely she was just listing what she had done by then, not precisely a list of the songs to be included in the album but who knows. this type of information (or lack of it) sometimes keeps me up late at night and i hate it lol.

oh yeah thank u so much! really these left on read things that has a space for speculating are annoying ikr...

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Ice Prince said:

1. Dollhouse
  2. Mistakes
  3. Cry Baby
  4. Psycho Lovers
  5. Carousel
  6. You Love I
  7. Dead to Me
  8. Night Mime
  9. A Thousand Words
  10. Bittersweet Tragedy

here:

image.jpeg

Will be reorganising 

Dua Lipa - Dua Lipa

(Draft from September 2016)

1. Genesis
  2. Last Dance
  3. Hotter Than Hell
  4. Be the One
  5. Bad Together
  6. Blow Your Mind (Mwah)
  7. New Love
  8. That Girl at the Party
  9. Thinking About You