Impossible Ryan

Tomb Raider Appreciation

Countess    7,017
On 28/6/2017 at 2:20 AM, Ruthless Love said:

For me, Rise of the Tomb Raider was a much better developed game for Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics. Plus, there were some twists that happened that truly shocked me!

That sounds interesting! ;) The first one was a little light on twists and played out pretty predictably imo so I'm excited to hear that.

On 28/6/2017 at 8:21 AM, euanmelody said:

I loveeee Tomb Raider on the PS3. Lara slays my life tbh

Did you hear they're making another movie with Lara as the lead? Apparently Alicia Vikander is taking over the role which idk how I feel about...

• Upvote 1

That's right, it's coming March 2018. I think Alicia looks a lot like the current Lara Croft so it's good casting in that sense, but it's a shame it's based on the recent games rather than the bad-ass Lara of the 90s/2000s. :D

cupcakKiiiiiii    194

I fucking tried to get the Avid Shopper achievement on Steam and it didn't pop because it is bugged. :tanya:

I also want the endurance co-op achievements but I've never found anyone playing through matchmaking.:fishie:

Edit: I'm talking Rise of the Tomb Raider here. :scamhook:

Countess    7,017
On 7/12/2017 at 8:46 PM, coolaideonfire said:

That's right, it's coming March 2018. I think Alicia looks a lot like the current Lara Croft so it's good casting in that sense, but it's a shame it's based on the recent games rather than the bad-ass Lara of the 90s/2000s. :D

Oooh, interesting. :/ Tbh I prefer Lara when she's a little more campy and over the top so I'm not sure I'll like a serious reboot, but we'll see how she does I guess. ;) I can't help but feel I would have preferred Megan Fox tho!

On 7/13/2017 at 6:22 AM, cupcakKiiiiiii said:

I fucking tried to get the Avid Shopper achievement on Steam and it didn't pop because it is bugged. :tanya:

I also want the endurance co-op achievements but I've never found anyone playing through matchmaking.:fishie:

Edit: I'm talking Rise of the Tomb Raider here. :scamhook:

When I download it we can play co-op together so you can get your trophies, that would be fun! ;) 

hounderawr    122

Ooh, I love tomb raider! I love playing on console though and they haven't remade the older ones for PS4 or Xbox so maybe I should just get them for computer.

I know they're making a new movie which I'm excited about, although Angelina Jolie isn't in it she was a really good Tomb Raider and did all of her own stunts. I didn't know they were making a new game though! I just finished the last a few weeks ago for the 2nd time, I forgot the name but the one with all the camp sites (I don't like that!)

Ruthless Love    161
12 hours ago, hounderawr said:

Ooh, I love tomb raider! I love playing on console though and they haven't remade the older ones for PS4 or Xbox so maybe I should just get them for computer.

I know they're making a new movie which I'm excited about, although Angelina Jolie isn't in it she was a really good Tomb Raider and did all of her own stunts. I didn't know they were making a new game though! I just finished the last a few weeks ago for the 2nd time, I forgot the name but the one with all the camp sites (I don't like that!)

Was it Tomb Raider or Rise of the Tomb Raider?

nanapop99    422

Not sure if it's worth posting here but some french guy is doing a remake of Tomb Raider II for its 20 years anniversary and he just uploaded a demo of the first level!

Please login or register to see this link.

Here's a video of it ;)

• Like 1

Countess    7,017
17 hours ago, nanapop99 said:

Not sure if it's worth posting here but some french guy is doing a remake of Tomb Raider II for its 20 years anniversary and he just uploaded a demo of the first level!

Here's a video of it ;)

This looks so cool! I wish that they had a Mac version, I would download it in a minute.

Speaking of fan projects, did anyone ever see the fan-made Tomb Raider games starring Amanda Lepore? Some of these make me cry with laughter... :cackle:

naecos    147
2 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

WHATTTTTTTT?!?!?!?!?!??! I totally didn't expect a movie poster to drop! Thank you! Why didn't they use the original logo? This one is HORRIBLE! But Alicia looks STUNNING and I really hope they didn't mess up with the storyline and kept it similar to the original 2013 one. Found this:

• Like 1

Ruthless Love    161
7 minutes ago, naecos said:

WHATTTTTTTT?!?!?!?!?!??! I totally didn't expect a movie poster to drop! Thank you! Why didn't they use the original logo? This one is HORRIBLE! But Alicia looks STUNNING and I really hope they didn't mess up with the storyline and kept it similar to the original 2013 one. Found this:

They probably wanted the film to stand out from the video game, because I heard while it's influenced by the 2013 reboot it does maintain its own storyline, etc. I don't hate the logo, honestly.

Ruthless Love    161

I like that it's part Tomb Raider, part Rise of the Tomb Raider (+ DLC packages) and part originality. I didn't think I'd be sold on Vikander as Lara, but based on the trailer, I'm living her thus far. Looks like a fun film, and I might actually see it!

hounderawr    122
On 20/09/2017 at 11:00 PM, Ruthless Love said:

I like that it's part Tomb Raider, part Rise of the Tomb Raider (+ DLC packages) and part originality. I didn't think I'd be sold on Vikander as Lara, but based on the trailer, I'm living her thus far. Looks like a fun film, and I might actually see it!

ooh that looks so amazing! you can see where they've taken sort of parts of the game, and then parts of original stuff. looks ammmaazing. I was the same I didn't think anyone could fill Angelina's shoes, she just is and always will be Lara tbh although Alicia isn't too bad either.

On 22/09/2017 at 9:22 PM, coolaideonfire said:

The film looks really good. I'm looking forward to seeing it, even if Angelina will always be Lara Croft to me.

Agree.

Countess    7,017

I've gotta agree with

on the logo, but other than that I'm really liking what I see so far! Alicia does have big shoes to fill following on from Angelina but she seems to be doing a good job so far. Fingers crossed it turns out better than all of Square Enix's other film endeavours... :stretcher: