Pokemon Go

Main Pop Girl

I know this isn't out everywhere but I thought I'd make this thread for us to discuss the game of the century, Pokemon Go! Have you joined yet? How many Pokemon have you caught? Is your character cute? How much weight have you lost? ;) Spill it all for us below!

For me, I downloaded the game two days ago. The first day it was raining like crazy so I didn't play it at all. :stretcher: But the second day my cousin came over and we went out in the rain with umbrellas and caught a whole bunch of Magikarp. :shocked: Honestly, I think it's a pretty fun game especially when you're playing with friends, but I can't really imagine going out just for the purpose of playing it. I'll definitely play it on my way to the train station and when I'm walking around tho. ;) I really just hope they make it more interactive between players. It would be really cool to be able to see other people who were playing the game on your map, and to be able to trade Pokemon and items with them and battle them! It would be really cool to be able to add friends to compete against as well. Hopefully all those will come in future updates tho!

The official release still hasn't happened in Canada. :stretcher: The only thing I caught while I was on a walk was some ladies actual dog. I've been using the insense at home though and caught a few Pokemon through that.

10 hours ago, Dayfid said:

The official release still hasn't happened in Canada. :stretcher: The only thing I caught while I was on a walk was some ladies actual dog. I've been using the insense at home though and caught a few Pokemon through that.

Seriously?! I haven't caught anything at home! But I've caught maybe thirty Pokemon by walking around outside.

This game is literally taking over in Australia tho! Like I was in the city yesterday and pretty much everyone had their phones out and was stopping every couple of metres to throw their Pokeballs. :stretcher: It's so cool to see everyone get back into Pokemon again!

• YAAASSS 1

31 minutes ago, Countess said:

Seriously?! I haven't caught anything at home! But I've caught maybe thirty Pokemon by walking around outside.

This game is literally taking over in Australia tho! Like I was in the city yesterday and pretty much everyone had their phones out and was stopping every couple of metres to throw their Pokeballs. :stretcher: It's so cool to see everyone get back into Pokemon again!

I was at Valerie's place earlier and caught like 5 Pokemon on the walk there and over the span of 3 hours, I caught 5-6 more while I was at her place. :stretcher: Then I went out and defeated a gym. All my Pokemon were dead so I had to leave an Eevee with 41 CP to defend it. Let's see how long this lasts. :shocked:

11 hours ago, Dayfid said:

I was at Valerie's place earlier and caught like 5 Pokemon on the walk there and over the span of 3 hours, I caught 5-6 more while I was at her place. :stretcher: Then I went out and defeated a gym. All my Pokemon were dead so I had to leave an Eevee with 41 CP to defend it. Let's see how long this lasts. :shocked:

Is it still there? :stretcher: And do you get your Pokemon back after it's defeated at a gym?

11 hours ago, icecube1914 said:

I dont have a phone with a data plan so ive only used it in my house... I catch things when my gps tracker gets get out whack and thinks im 3 houses down. Then it walks back to my house and finds some pokemon.. >.€

:stretcher: The perks of having dodgy GPS on your phone!

• YAAASSS 1

What level is everyone else so far? I just hit level 17. :stretcher:

14 hours ago, AmeliaLilyOnline said:

Just downloaded the app and luckily my boyfriend lives in an area where there are a lot of Pokémon'... Slay

What do you two think of it so far? <3 Have either of you caught any interesting Pokemon?

8 minutes ago, Countess said:

I'm only on level 8. :shocked: How did you get your character so high?

Catching tons of Pokemon and Evolving them. Currently my Pokedex is at Caught: 54/Seen 60

Also hatching eggs gives a ton of exp.