Lady Gaga To Join Bradley Cooper's 'A Star Is Born' Remake

Main Pop Girl

lady-gaga-bradley-cooper.jpg.8fcd206a6cc 

Lady Gaga might star in Bradley Cooper's directorial debut, a remake of 1937 film A Star Is Born. The Golden Globe-winning actress is in talks for the female lead opposite Cooper, a new report reveals. According to Deadline, the stars "tested and the studio loved the results." Negotiations are expected to happen shortly with production of the movie set for early 2017.

Warner Bros. has been working on the project for over five years. Clint Eastwood was originally set to direct the movie with singer Beyoncé headlinging it, but they both dropped out of the project. Due to that, the project was stalled until Cooper picked it up. Rumors that Gaga would be replacing Beyoncé as the female lead surfaced last month when the singer was caught by paparazzi on a motorcycle ride to a restaurant with Bradley.

I'm not sure how I feel about Bradley as a director given he hasn't really done anything before tbh. It seems like a pretty big movie to debut with. But if he's starring alongside Gaga I think that could work really well! I see an OSCAR in her future. :magic: 

• YAAASSS 1

1 minute ago, trayertrash said:

A Star Is Born has been so great to me. Janet Gaynor, Judy Garland, Barbra Streisand, now Gaga? How great is that? :'( 
I'm hoping they stick more to the original era of the movie instead of modernizing it :/ 

Don't act like you know who Janet Gaynor is you flop. :morning: 

But idk, I'm kind of expecting them to modernise it tbh. That's what they've done with each movie so far so I think it would work well with the past versions, even though I would like to see Gaga as a 50s movie star. ;) 

Just now, Countess said:

Don't act like you know who Janet Gaynor is you flop. :morning: 

But idk, I'm kind of expecting them to modernise it tbh. That's what they've done with each movie so far so I think it would work well with the past versions, even though I would like to see Gaga as a 50s movie star. ;) 

Bitch I'm the forum queen of the Golden Era :morning:

I really want to see Gaga as a 30s-70s movie star. Image how great she'd look :'( When movies are modernized it can either come out great or outdated extremely fast. It would be interesting to see how modern struggles of fame would effect Vicki. OMG! She could shade Perez throughout the movie :stretcher:

1 hour ago, trayertrash said:

Bitch I'm the forum queen of the Golden Era :morning:

I really want to see Gaga as a 30s-70s movie star. Image how great she'd look :'( When movies are modernized it can either come out great or outdated extremely fast. It would be interesting to see how modern struggles of fame would effect Vicki. OMG! She could shade Perez throughout the movie :stretcher:

Right? Instead of her boyfriend being addicted to drugs which are now legal, he can be addicted to social media! :hail: And that's how Perez and the #1Perez fansite become the villain of the piece. :evil: 

• 1 year later...

As of right now it looks like it comes out the week after a Melissa McCarthy comedy & the week before the Han Solo Anthology Film. It's only competition is gonna be "Slenderman" and an Untilted LAIKA production. A decent chance to smash at the box office in it's first week! I'm super excited to see this movie. Hopefully we get the trailer by the new year!

On 30/09/2017 at 8:31 AM, drewbby said:

As of right now it looks like it comes out the week after a Melissa McCarthy comedy & the week before the Han Solo Anthology Film. It's only competition is gonna be "Slenderman" and an Untilted LAIKA production. A decent chance to smash at the box office in it's first week! I'm super excited to see this movie. Hopefully we get the trailer by the new year!

Melissa has been flopping lately and Slenderman is incredibly 2015 so I can imagine this doing well! :stretcher: I guess the Star Wars film will be pretty big but they're attracting different demos so hopefully this can still be a hit. <3

• 7 months later...

Just when I was ready for this movie to slay my very existence, it was revealed that the DISGASTING HALSEY has a role... :yeah: 

EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures has closed a life rights deal with singer/songwriter Halsey. The hope is to develop a movie loosely based on her life, which she would star in. I’m told the closest cousin to what they hope for here is a vehicle that does for her what 8 Mile did for Eminem.

How did this happen? The studio often meets youthful for roles in its movies, and the decision after the meeting with Halsey was that the best course was to sculpt a vehicle for her, and about her. Her hits include Now Or Never, Him and I, and Bad At Love. She also drew notice for directing the video of her song Alone. And she plays a small role in the Bradley Cooper-directed A Star Is Born. Sounds like Sony might be onto something here.

Why does she ruin everything good? :fishie: 

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Ari said:

A trailer has dropped!

Have to say that this looks amazing and I'm definitely going to check it out once it drops :yaskween:

Honestly it's a lot more cheesy than I expected and a lot more Bradley-centric as well... :orly: I'm not mad though, I'm obviously gonna see this the day it comes out and I can't wait for the soundtrack!

• 4 months later...

Just got back from seeing it for the second time, and I still really enjoy the movie. <3 It's not as amazing as I was maybe hoping for given the hype but I'd still give it a solid 8/10. The best part, of course, is the performances from the leads but honestly the movie is really solid all around. Definitely the kind of thing I'll watch again and again!

• 1 month later...

I just watched it. It was really good. I truly liked it. But.... 

I think they should have added 3 more scenes to make it FANTASTIC. 

1. The scene where Jack hangs himself. They could've shown more. Like at least him kicking the stool or something.

2. I wish there was a scene where Ally finds out and throws a serious emotional tantrum. They showed her punching the poster, but it was a few days after his death. I wonder what her immediate reaction would be.

3. I kinda wish they elaborated the last scene where she sings I'll Never Love Again showing people cry or throwing some news headlines idk. She could have worn a black dress as well.