Relatable/Favorite lyrics

Carcunt

So I was thinking about my favorite lines in songs and some lyrics that relate really well to me and thought it was a good idea to make a thread out of it... Anyone wanna share any lyrics they find relatable or lyrics they really like?

I really like from Lana's This Is What Makes Us Girls, Then she starts to cry, mascara running down her little Bambi eyes, "Lana, how I hate those guys..." I love that line so much, not sure what it is about it, but I really do love it.

Foxes - Home

"These strange faces, it was only yesterday we spoke on the phone. A distant memory from all those years ago, but now I'm looking at these strange faces and I'm not coming home."

The stream-of-consciousness style in this song is so incredible. It's the only coming of age song I've ever heard that doesn't come off as trite, which speaks to Foxes' well developed songwriting abilities.

This sounds weird, but I always used to get a shiver when Nicola's part in 'The Promise' came up:

"I got my hands all ready to touch your soul,

I'm gonna get the energy to wind me close to you.

Got my eyes on the prize I see,

Are you watching me baby?"

Idk, I'm sure there's a bunch of other lyrics I love, but those are the only ones popping up rn for some reason. :stretcher:

This sounds weird, but I always used to get a shiver when Nicola's part in 'The Promise' came up:

Idk, I'm sure there's a bunch of other lyrics I love, but those are the only ones popping up rn for some reason. :stretcher:

Girls Aloud are pretty underrated tbh, they have some amazing songs. Untouchable >>>

Swinging London Town's another really great example of Girls Aloud's lyrics being striking. The bridge in particular is such a biting critique of high society that few other groups would ever be ballsy enough to attempt.

nd then he asked me,

He said, "Baby, why do we love each other?"

I said, "Honey, it's simple.

It's the way that you love and treat your mother."

Thought that I would be alone forever

But I won't be tonight

I'm a man without a home

But I think with you I can spend my life

And you'll be my little gypsy princess

Pack your bags and we can chase the sunset

Bust the rearview and fire up the jets

'Cause it's you and me

Baby, for life

twin-peaks-angst-lara-flynn-boyle-crying.gif

Girls Aloud are pretty underrated tbh, they have some amazing songs. Untouchable >>>

YASSS BITCH STAN FOR THE GODDESSES OF POP! :hail: I'm only here for the version that's like seven minutes long tho, my favourite lyrics have to be:

And I know a heart shouldn't beat so hard,

And sometimes we're swimming with the sharks.

But you light up and keep me out the cold.

:hail:

Swinging London Town's another really great example of Girls Aloud's lyrics being striking. The bridge in particular is such a biting critique of high society that few other groups would ever be ballsy enough to attempt.

:hail: Right? And let's not even mention them promoting alternate gender expressions in 'Androgynous Girls'...Gaga hew? <3