Rants...

Carcunt

Okay so I really have a few things to rant about. You might not want to read all three of these, but these are the three that I can think of off the top of my head. Please, feel free to rant and some pop artists that annoy you, too. Btw, this isn't meant to offend anyone, it's just something I've seen on FOTP and other forums that has been bugging the absolute shit out of me. Seriously, I know I'm going to offend SOMEONE on this forum, not sure who, but someone. This wasn't specifically towards anyone, either.

#1) Madonna. Fucking stop.

Girl. This is referring to your songs S.E.X. and Best Night. I do NOT need to know that you're "getting on top... soaking wet... back and forth till you break the bed." Seriously. "I'm an open door, let you come inside of me." I don't need to know that your almost 60 year old, wrinkly, loose as fuck vagina is soaking wet, with a guy cumming inside of you. Regarding 'Best Night,' I really like the song. I understand the whole song isn't about breaking the bed, but you're almost 60. Why the fuck are you singing about "We're gonna be like gangsters tonight." Who is the last gangster you know, fucking Al Capone? He was probably the first person you let break the bed, putting your hands around their neck, getting soaking wet for...

Moving on...

#2... Gaga fans...

Okay. This is targeted to some of the LGBTQ fans. I understand that you think that she "saved" you and "helped" you through so much... But how the fuck did she help you come out of the closet? When did she ever go to your parents, friends, peers and teach them about the fact that sexuality isn't something worth shunning someone over? Did she really help you when she was singing about sex dreams, having a bad romance, not answering the telephone, or being in love with Judas? How the fuck do any of those songs help you come out? I get it, she has a couple songs, A COUPLE. Born This Way and Hair are like, the only really self empowerment songs she has. STOP saying she helped you. If another artist (*cough cough* Lana *cough cough*) would've filled her shoes in being the pop star at 2007-2008, would you really've died? She didn't fucking save you from anything. Lana would've been singing about being a gogo dancer, yayo, and going to the goddamn pawn shop. The only person relevant would've been Ellen... Seriously. This is coming from someone who identifies as bisexual. If anything, whatever she did for the LGBTQ community was for PUBLICITY and MARKETING.

#3 Azaelia Banks' music vs. her personality.

I understand the whole thing where she thinks that Iggy Azalea is trash and shit... But please, go to her and hash it out personally, not publicly. Her music is okay, it's not bad, but I like it from what I've heard, but the way she goes about things makes me want to fucking puke and it turns me away from her music. It literally makes me want to delete her discography. Why the fuck do you feel the need to drag another artist who just so happens to be doing something you believe should be entitled to you because of race better than you already do? Get the fuck over it with your little irrelevant, 15,000 copies sold, single-filled record that barely anyone cared about. Just because Iggy could do what you do better doesn't mean shit. At least she can sell. She might have some people writing with her and even for her, but let's be honest. When doesn't an artist buy a song from someone else? Fucking crawl back into your dark hole of irrelevancy and keep using that Twitter to attack people for no reason (other than racially discriminating people... And yes, you can and do discriminate against more than one race.)

Okay... I need to stop. I'm getting really pissed off... lmao

Agreed with pretty much everything in your post, apart from Gaga's supposed manipulation of the gay community being for marketing. Honestly, she's been referencing LGBT issues ever since she first debuted, and it's probably lost her more fans at this point given how many of her former fans think that she's gone way overboard with the whole thing. I do agree with you on how melodramatic some of her fans can be though, the ones who go on and on about how she saved their life irritate me so much. :vacuum:

Agreed with pretty much everything in your post, apart from Gaga's supposed manipulation of the gay community being for marketing. Honestly, she's been referencing LGBT issues ever since she first debuted, and it's probably lost her more fans at this point given how many of her former fans think that she's gone way overboard with the whole thing. I do agree with you on how melodramatic some of her fans can be though, the ones who go on and on about how she saved their life irritate me so much. :vacuum:

I just like that there was a number 1 song saying I was fine, but in no way did it ever make me say "I'm a strong fag because Gaga says I am". I do admit however, that Hair did boost me up on a few very low nights caused by some adverse Anti-depressant side effects, so I can say that's the closest to a song saving my life.

I really don't understand how any Gaga song could've saved someone's life and I never will. Speaking as someone who's had multiple songs hit close to home on bad nights, there's no way I would ever have a personal connection of any sort with Gaga's discography, simply because I don't feel like most of it is any more than just pop fodder. She rarely writes songs that feel personal and even when she does, with songs like Brooklyn Nights, Brown Eyes and Fooled Me Again (Honest Eyes), they all make reference to her abusive ex-boyfriend. I don't think she can write happy/uplifting personal songs.

I really don't understand how any Gaga song could've saved someone's life and I never will. Speaking as someone who's had multiple songs hit close to home on bad nights, there's no way I would ever have a personal connection of any sort with Gaga's discography, simply because I don't feel like most of it is any more than just pop fodder. She rarely writes songs that feel personal and even when she does, with songs like Brooklyn Nights, Brown Eyes and Fooled Me Again (Honest Eyes), they all make reference to her abusive ex-boyfriend. I don't think she can write happy/uplifting personal songs.

True, but some of the writing on TFM is beyond pop fodder though.

Yeah, but in that case, it's mostly impersonal. Good writing, not applicable.

Yeah, but in that case, it's mostly impersonal. Good writing, not applicable.

I see.

I'm sorry, but you're crazy if you've never teared up at a Gaga song. :vacuum: One of the issues could potentially be that the studio versions of her songs lose a bit of the rawness and passion that the live performances have, but if you've ever seen that bitch play a piano I don't see how you could not be emotional! When I saw her perform 'Speechless' in my city I teared up right along with her, and this performance of 'Hair' which she dedicated to Jamey had me depressed for days. :'(

HEoFcVnYBhM

*This isn't a direct attack at Carcass's rant about Madonna, just a generalized rants, so don't think I'm coming for ya*

I'm soooooo over people telling Madonna to 'grow up' and how gross it is for her to be talking about sex at her age. Do you think that the urges to have sex just disappear with age? When I'm 85 I'm going to be the biggest slut in the nursing home and I'll be jamming out to Madonna's horny Rebel Heart songs and the world will know it.

Seriously though, female sexuality is downed enough, if you talk about sex you're a slut, if you don't you're a prude. Society wants us to be sexualized yet if we are we're whores. Ageism and sexism aren't cute, especially when combined towards one of the most important figures in pop culture history. If she still gets horny and wants to talk about it, more power to her.

Regarding Madonna, I don't think she should stop singing about sexuality completely (you don't just become asexual after the menopause lmao), but c'mon, she's almost 60. Maybe it's time to leave the "golden showers and latex thongs" back in 1993 where they belong, it's a pretty horrifying mental image tbh. 

Regarding Madonna, I don't think she should stop singing about sexuality completely (you don't just become asexual after the menopause lmao), but c'mon, she's almost 60. Maybe it's time to leave the "golden showers and latex thongs" back in 1993 where they belong, it's a pretty horrifying mental image tbh.

I've gotta agree with you on this tbh, but I think it's less about her age and more just about her public image in general...I mean, Queen Cher can talk about whips and chains if she wants cos she's still hot as hell and her persona gels well with it, but with Madonna there's a disconnect between the super sexual lyrics and the fact that she's meant to be a loving mother of twenty African children. :vacuum: I think her sexy songs would be better if they were a little more subtle and less overt.