Toy Story 4

Main Pop Girl

tumblr_n6m2ohASM71qildw9o1_500.gif

Cypher, let me break down the importance of these films to you. Since you didn't grow up with the series, you may not fully grab the importance of each movie symbolized to us  up.

Movie 1 - As kids, we had that one toy that meant everything to us. That one toy we swore we'd play with no matter how old we were. We'd take it everywhere - to friends houses, to the grocery store, watch tv with it and to the park to explore all great things awaiting us in this great big world. Even the thought of not having that toy in our life was devastating because that toy was our friend. It knew all of our secrets and fears. Nothing could ever replace that bond.

Movie 2 - We hear the story of Jessie - a doll that was loved as much as we loved our toy. Everything we felt towards our toys during the times of movie 1 Jessie felt too. Sadly, her owner grew up. She was 'too mature' for her and had ''better things to do'' much like all of us had eventually done. We discovered the internet and video games and just stopped caring about that toy that meant so much to us during the 1st movie era. I'm sure many of us picked up that old toy again (or reminisce if we didn't have that toy anymore) and thought about all the good times with that toy, promising ourselves to never let go of those memories.

Movie 3 - We're all adults now. We don't really think about the toy anymore, in fact, if it's not already in the trash it's somewhere in the attic just collection dust. We've gone so long without seeing or thinking about the toy that it doesn't even phase that it's not in our lives anymore. After the 2nd movie, we all had a momentary rekindling with our childhood that probably didn't last more than a day or two at the most. This time though, we're all off to college or moving our on our own. Our parents want us to go through all of our old shit. We get rid of old games, movies, books and cds we don't really care about anymore. Looking through all of this old junk brings back some memories. "Oh I forgot I used to be obsessed with this band" "Omg I can't believe I actually wore this!" All of these old things seem like a joke to us - until we see the toy. We stop for a minute, thinking about how this one toy was with us during our boy band obsessions and our awkwardly dressed childhood years. We reminisce about the innocence of your youth and reflect on how much we're changed since then. This is a major turning point in all of our young adult lives because this is when we all finally let go of our childhood. We realize there's nothing that can take us back to those times. As we say goodbye one last time to our toy, we shed a tear knowing nothing in our lives can bring us that kind of job again. The happiest years of our life are gone, but you know what? We had that toy with us. That toy defined that childhood and all we can is hope that our toy will bring the same amount of love and friendship to another child as it did to us.

That my friend is why these movies are so important to us. We grew up with them. All of us in our own ways were Andy. We hit the last moments of childhood with him. It's something that all of us remember as tears roll down our cheeks. It's something we'll never forget.