Female pop/rock (whatever the genre is) artists?

adirgeforher

Ah I remember Lillix and Skye Sweetnam (the first album is awesome lol). I haven't listened to them in years though. I'll definitely need to.

What about The Donnas? They have an album produced by Butch Walker, who has also worked with a lot of the people mentioned here, and their most recent album from 2007 was very on-trend with the whole fizzy/electro rock sound like Lillix and The Veronicas.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah I remember Lillix and Skye Sweetnam (the first album is awesome lol). I haven't listened to them in years though. I'll definitely need to.

What about The Donnas? They have an album produced by Butch Walker, who has also worked with a lot of the people mentioned here, and their most recent album from 2007 was very on-trend with the whole fizzy/electro rock sound like Lillix and The Veronicas.

Have you listened to Skye's band Sumo Cyco? Both of their discography's are in the collections thread.

#GetinDatPromo

I LOVE The Donnas

Have you listened to Skye's band Sumo Cyco? Both of their discography's are in the collections thread.

#GetinDatPromo

I LOVE The Donnas

I wasn't aware she had a band, or that she also went by Ella at some point. I'll check out Sumo Cyco some time although the artwork makes me feel I won't like it too much lol.

I wasn't aware she had a band, or that she also went by Ella at some point. I'll check out Sumo Cyco some time although the artwork makes me feel I won't like it too much lol.

eLLa wasn't something meant to be taken seriously, she pretty much created that alter ego because fans kept complaining about Sumo Cyco being too heavy for them & begging her to sing pop again. eLLa is super cheesy bubble gum pop, but it's kind cute & kinda good.