Lady Gaga Gets Someone to Puke On Her

Cypher

Guest kitten

i can't find a link to the performance anywhere  :/

also did you see the shade demi threw at gaga about this stunt:

Sad... As if we didn't have enough people glamorizing eat disorders already.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a huge GaGa fan but I loved Swine since she premiered it at the iTunes Festival, she gave a power performance, sadly I don't feel the same while I'm listening to the studio version.

I'm a huge Gaga fan (obviously lol) but I love Swine, live & studio versions. Tbh, I have to listen to it in moderation because of triggers, but whats happened to me throughout my life is something I deal with on a daily basis, knowing I have Swine as a sort of safety net has helped me a lot the past few months. Instead of just suppressing all that shit, I've been able to slow let it out through (awfully) singing & dancing it all out. Swine was the first song that really grasped a hold of all that anger & shame inside & turned it into something positive.

So not gonna lie, there was too much going on in this thread and I couldn't bring myself to read everyone's responses, but regardless of y'alls opinions, Gaga has once again made head-lining news. Love her or hate her, she'll find a way to get the attention.

I actually have to agree that I really don't a very strong connection between vomiting and rape...as someone who's suffered from negative sexual experiences in the past, I understand the feelings of shame and worthlessness that can come after being raped, but I don't really see what vomiting has to do with it. Like Roger said, there are other ways to deal with the issue and express your feelings on it other than vomiting.

However that said, I actually liked the performance! It was super raw and the energy was totally there. Even though I thought it was a little distasteful and tacky when I first saw it, once I started looking up the girl who was doing it and realised that was part of a performance art series she's been making for a long time I had more of an understanding of what Gaga was aiming for with it. It's obviously unsettling to watch but that's clearly the point. And it's an interesting concept.

i can't find a link to the performance anywhere  :/

also did you see the shade demi threw at gaga about this stunt:

read her latest tweets... she's pissed lol.

but in my opinion Demi is overreacting, the girl was not glorifying, or even portraying bulimia. i mean how else was she supposed to puke?

i thought this was pretty gross and over the top but to each his own i guess

I agree with you! I feel like Demi's deliberately misinterpreting the whole performance. She obviously has a right to be upset about it given her past, and she expressed her opinions respectfully and said she's still a fan. But I think she doesn't really understand that the performance had nothing to do with bulimia.

I agree with you! I feel like Demi's deliberately misinterpreting the whole performance. She obviously has a right to be upset about it given her past, and she expressed her opinions respectfully and said she's still a fan. But I think she doesn't really understand that the performance had nothing to do with bulimia.

says the girl who used her OWN eating disorder to get album and single sells. Demi is so cheap tbh

says the girl who used her OWN eating disorder to get album and single sells. Demi is so cheap tbh

You have a point, but I honestly don't think Demi is smart enough to use anything to sell her own records. :morning: Her rehab stay is definitely what made her famous, but I think it was more her management's doing than her own. Demi is super naive and probably thinks that what she's doing is super heroic and helpful to people.

You have a point, but I honestly don't think Demi is smart enough to use anything to sell her own records. :morning: Her rehab stay is definitely what made her famous, but I think it was more her management's doing than her own. Demi is super naive and probably thinks that what she's doing is super heroic and helpful to people.

The only reason I bought Unbroken was because I thought it was going to be super powerful and it was 2.99 on Google Play. But it turned out to be cheap and generic, the only worthwhile songs where for the love of a daughter and skyscraper

The only reason I bought Unbroken was because I thought it was going to be super powerful and it was 2.99 on Google Play. But it turned out to be cheap and generic, the only worthwhile songs where for the love of a daughter and skyscraper

I only bought the Japan version for "Aftershock". I didn't care for the rest of the album. :stretcher: