Is Gaga Making Interscope Broke?

Mona Lisa

tumblr_lt7w7o9nXW1qfrj8no1_500.jpg

Updated Information: Lady Gaga and Interscope are bragging about how "ARTPOP" hit number one in the UK. However, we have been told that the numbers are FAR lower than they were for her last album, "Born This Way." "ARTPOP" is expected to take an amazing tumble from the top next week in both the UK and US. It is already dropping like a brick on iTunes in several countries.

On Saturday, it was revealed that Interscope, Lady Gaga's label, has spent $25 million dollars to promote her flop album "ARTPOP," which is set to sell around 250 thousand copies in its first week -- that's a 75 percent drop from the first week album sales of "Born This Way" only two years ago. This weekend, plenty of Lady Gaga's little monsters prostituted themselves online, offering gay sex for people who buy at least 30 copies of "ARTPOP."

Some have compared the fate of "ARTPOP" to Michael Jackson's "Invincible," where $30 million was spent on the promotion for an album that didn't even launch one solid hit single. But "ARTPOP" is really Lady Gaga's "Glitter." Interscope, who was hoping the album would sell at least ten million copies worldwide, is rumored to lay off at least 50 employees -- they will allegedly receive their pink slips around Christmas time. What a gift!

So, how was the money spent? We talked to a music industry analyst (who wants to be referred to as 'Jacob' for this story), who has worked at both Warner Brothers and Arista over the past twenty years. He works closely with people from Interscope and told us that the past year has been a huge nightmare for Lady Gaga and Interscope. He confirms that the promotional techniques for the album have been incredibly unethical.

"She originally was going to have the album ready by last Christmas. They made her re-record it. When her tour wasn't selling, they invented a hip injury and told Gaga to go away for months so the public could be interested in her 'comeback.' After the lead single 'Applause' didn't get such a great reception, they made her re-record the album again. I hear that they allegedly paid radio stations in order to put the song at the top of their playlists," Jacob laughs.

Besides the alleged payola, it is believed that a lot of money most likely went to news outlets such as Billboard, Glamour, MTV, ABC and some others. "Cash gifts to news outlets really aren't unheard of, but Gaga has taken it to new extremes if this happened. Articles by many news sources sound like they were completely written by Gaga's PR team." He notes that Rolling Stone, a magazine that had usually praised Lady Gaga in the past, allegedly wouldn't accept the cash. Gaga's team was hoping Rolling Stone would put her on the cover and call her "Woman of the Year." Instead, the "honor" went to Glamour.

"I can't say for sure what she is doing for Billboard, but they are definitely trying to save her. They let her song 'Dope' chart at number 8 this week based on YouTube views that weren't intended just for her. The magazine also counted thousands of free giveaways of the song for that chart position. They are covering up for her big time. It's really sad when an industry staple such as Billboard picks favorites and allegedly participates in the payola game," Jacob says with sadness.

Jacob believes Lady Gaga's current drug use is destroying her. "She has turned against everybody who has helped her. She claims she has only done Marijuana recently, but that's far from the truth. She's dying a slow death every day and nobody is there to help her!" claims Jacob, who has seen drugs destroy family members and all sorts of stars. Let's hope somebody loves Lady Gaga enough to get her clean.

This is really sad. :'( I hope she gets over her addiction and is able to bring back The Fame era again. I also hope Interscope doesn't suffer too much, as there's amazing artists like Azealia on there who need to be saved.

Eh, I'm not completely surprised at what I'm reading in this article. However, this is a really one-sided argument and how trustworthy is this person really? What kinds of qualifications does this person have? However, again, I'm not surprised at some of the things happening, like free giveaways and whatnot. Gaga's debut is hard to top.

:stretcher: Are you seriously trying to use the Examiner as a reliable source? Gurl...

The person who wrote this article stole her photo from this poor girl's Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rivard/63718864/#in/faves-claudefraser/

And if you look at all her past articles they're all about bashing Gaga and proving Katy is the queen of pop.

I can't with you. :stretcher:

Why does this sound some Perez wrote it? He has pretty much said word for word what 'Jacob' said on twitter, facebook & his site...

Anyway, Applause isn't a flop. It didn't reach #1 but it's been in the top 10 for what, 13 weeks? How many other songs have had that kind of success recently? Everytime I turn on the radio it's on. Everytime I walk into FYE it's on. Everytime I walk into Target, the video is playing. I wish everyone would stop basing the success of an album based on if it's #1 or not. Every single artist have had hits & misses. Every single artist will have albums that don't hit #1 or not sell a million copies the first week.

Bad Romance didn't hit #1 either, but it's not a flop. Since BTW came out, the whole stan wars bullshit has gotten a lot more vicious. You can't like two artist who are in a 'competition' without getting bashed by everyone & their mother. Hell, people have told me I can't listen to Gaga & Madonna & I need to pick a team. I love both so I'll keep listening to both :morning: The whole Bionic Project bullshit & the Katy/Madonna fans pre-ordering ARTPOP on iTunes then cancelling their purchase the day before it came out to try to make the album have lower numbers is proof of how immature the stan wars have become. If you don't like an artist there's no need to constantly sit online and bash them. Just don't buy their music, don't listen to them & don't go on their music videos & talk shit. How hard is it to understand that?

Anyway, I'm all moody & hormonal right so, so I'm just going to keep ranting.

Gaga has openly said her drug addiction is something that she deals with everyday & I find it disgusting that people constantly use it in an attempt to bash her. I had a serious drug problem a few years ago & honestly, I've lost respect for every single person on the site that has made a mockery out of it.  You have no idea what it's like to have drugs becoming your only friend & people coming into your life trying to take them away. You have no idea what it's like to be be in this place in your life where you feel like you've finally gotten better then relapsing out of the blue. You don't know how painful the craving to get that last high in can be both mentally and physically. The shakes, the depression, the sense of complete loneliness if something I hope none of you have to experience. Until you have to go through that shit, I suggest you either encourage Gaga and others in their recovery or keep your fucking mouth shut.

Why does this sound some Perez wrote it? He has pretty much said word for word what 'Jacob' said on twitter, facebook & his site...

Anyway, Applause isn't a flop. It didn't reach #1 but it's been in the top 10 for what, 13 weeks? How many other songs have had that kind of success recently? Everytime I turn on the radio it's on. Everytime I walk into FYE it's on. Everytime I walk into Target, the video is playing. I wish everyone would stop basing the success of an album based on if it's #1 or not. Every single artist have had hits & misses. Every single artist will have albums that don't hit #1 or not sell a million copies the first week.

Bad Romance didn't hit #1 either, but it's not a flop. Since BTW came out, the whole stan wars bullshit has gotten a lot more vicious. You can't like two artist who are in a 'competition' without getting bashed by everyone & their mother. Hell, people have told me I can't listen to Gaga & Madonna & I need to pick a team. I love both so I'll keep listening to both :morning: The whole Bionic Project bullshit & the Katy/Madonna fans pre-ordering ARTPOP on iTunes then cancelling their purchase the day before it came out to try to make the album have lower numbers is proof of how immature the stan wars have become. If you don't like an artist there's no need to constantly sit online and bash them. Just don't buy their music, don't listen to them & don't go on their music videos & talk shit. How hard is it to understand that?

Anyway, I'm all moody & hormonal right so, so I'm just going to keep ranting.

Gaga has openly said her drug addiction is something that she deals with everyday & I find it disgusting that people constantly use it in an attempt to bash her. I had a serious drug problem a few years ago & honestly, I've lost respect for every single person on the site that has made a mockery out of it.  You have no idea what it's like to have drugs becoming your only friend & people coming into your life trying to take them away. You have no idea what it's like to be be in this place in your life where you feel like you've finally gotten better then relapsing out of the blue. You don't know how painful the craving to get that last high in can be both mentally and physically. The shakes, the depression, the sense of complete loneliness if something I hope none of you have to experience. Until you have to go through that shit, I suggest you either encourage Gaga and others in their recovery or keep your fucking mouth shut.

You need to check yourself bitch. :morning: I never made fun of Gaga's drug addiction.

I hope she gets over her addiction and is able to bring back The Fame era again.

And speaking as someone who's around someone struggling with a drug problem right now, I can tell you that I do have a lot of experience with the side effects of drugs. Actually, her comments about being addicted to marijuana made a lot of sense to me and I defended her when people bashed her for it. :vacuum:

You need to check yourself bitch. :morning: I never made fun of Gaga's drug addiction.

And speaking as someone who's around someone struggling with a drug problem right now, I can tell you that I do have a lot of experience with the side effects of drugs. Actually, her comments about being addicted to marijuana made a lot of sense to me and I defended her when people bashed her for it. :vacuum:

Mona, don't take this the wrong way, but you don't have to take comments so personally. I've noticed you tend to get defensive pretty quickly. If something touched a nerve, I'm sure no one meant it to, especially someone like Ashley. We only spread love here! :)

Mona, don't take this the wrong way, but you don't have to take comments so personally. I've noticed you tend to get defensive pretty quickly. If something touched a nerve, I'm sure no one meant it to, especially someone like Ashley. We only spread love here! :)

I'm just sticking up for myself. Ashley's the one who said she didn't respect me anymore, I'm just clearing things up and letting her know i never made fun of Gagas addiction. :morning: