Hello All

maxparkinson

Hello everyone,

My name is Max. I am excited to join this great community here and get into discussing pop music. 

As you can see, one of my favorite musicians is Caroline Polachek. Joining her in the "favorites" list is Charli XCX, Dua Lipa, Sade, Disclosure, The Weeknd, and Lana Del Rey, mainly. Outside of pop I listen to a lot of house (like Kerri Chandler, Paul Woolford), techno (like DVS1, Gesaffelstein [sort of]), and trap (like RL Grime, G Jones). These days it feels like house is in the same league as pop, at least in the scene I am in (nightlife). 

I think that's all for now. Time to start posting. 

Cheers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maxparkinson said:

Hello everyone,

My name is Max. I am excited to join this great community here and get into discussing pop music. 

As you can see, one of my favorite musicians is Caroline Polachek. Joining her in the "favorites" list is Charli XCX, Dua Lipa, Sade, Disclosure, The Weeknd, and Lana Del Rey, mainly. Outside of pop I listen to a lot of house (like Kerri Chandler, Paul Woolford), techno (like DVS1, Gesaffelstein [sort of]), and trap (like RL Grime, G Jones). These days it feels like house is in the same league as pop, at least in the scene I am in (nightlife). 

I think that's all for now. Time to start posting. 

Cheers. 

Hey and welcome!

I've been hearing good things about Caroline Polachek but never dived into her catalogue. What are your favourite tracks?

The only one I have heard is So Hot You're Hurting My Feelings and it is that bop so would be interested in discovering more.

I am suprised Robyn isn't on your list, are you a fan?

8 hours ago, Newtooz18 said:

Hey and welcome!

I've been hearing good things about Caroline Polachek but never dived into her catalogue. What are your favourite tracks?

The only one I have heard is So Hot You're Hurting My Feelings and it is that bop so would be interested in discovering more.

I am suprised Robyn isn't on your list, are you a fan?

The great thing about Caroline's titular work is that there is not a lot of it, yet (second album is on the way as evident by the singles she has released following her debut album Pang, which I suggest everyone give a listen to from start to finish) however there is a lot of music that she has been involved in, most notably her role in the band Chairlift in addition to her other solo project called Ramona Lisa. 

It is difficult to pick a favorite song of hers because they're all so great. I would say that Door, Ocean Of Tears, Bunny Is A Rider, and The Gate are all fantastic records. It'll only take you about an hour to listen to all of the music released under her namesake which I absolutely recommend. She's an excellent vocalist (she sounds even better live) and an incredible song-writer (she co-wrote No Angel by Beyonce, for example). 

Caroline has been making music forever, and it shows: you don't come out of nowhere that talented. 

I have to say that I am not familiar with Robyn outside of her featured vocals on a few house records. Where should I start with her? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, maxparkinson said:

The great thing about Caroline's titular work is that there is not a lot of it, yet (second album is on the way as evident by the singles she has released following her debut album Pang, which I suggest everyone give a listen to from start to finish) however there is a lot of music that she has been involved in, most notably her role in the band Chairlift in addition to her other solo project called Ramona Lisa. 

It is difficult to pick a favorite song of hers because they're all so great. I would say that Door, Ocean Of Tears, Bunny Is A Rider, and The Gate are all fantastic records. It'll only take you about an hour to listen to all of the music released under her namesake which I absolutely recommend. She's an excellent vocalist (she sounds even better live) and an incredible song-writer (she co-wrote No Angel by Beyonce, for example). 

Caroline has been making music forever, and it shows: you don't come out of nowhere that talented. 

I have to say that I am not familiar with Robyn outside of her featured vocals on a few house records. Where should I start with her? 

I will definitely check out the debut album! 
I highly recommend you start with her self titled (and first independent record), literally bop after god damn bop