Beyoncé Announces New Album, "Renaissance," Releasing July 29

GettyImages-1231721907.jpg?resize=1800,1

After a week of teasing the internet and building anticipation, Beyoncé has revealed her much-anticipated seventh album Renaissance, her first studio LP in six years, will arrive July 29.

The singer officially revealed the news on social media with the words “act i … RENAISSANCE.” No further information has been revealed, although a tweet from fan account Beyoncé Legion suggests Renaissance is a 16-song album. The cover art is not yet released.

Beyoncé’s website confirms the album’s box-set details, which includes a CD, T-shirt, and collectible box. The box will include a 28-page booklet and mini poster.

Beyoncé first hinted at the upcoming arrival of something when she removed the profile pictures from all of her social media accounts, including her seldom-used Twitter account; up until Renaissance’s arrival, Beyoncé hadn’t tweeted or retweeted anything since May 2020.

More breadcrumbs were picked up by eagle-eyed fans who noticed that URLs on Beyoncé’s website for “B7,” the code name for her seventh studio album, were updated with placeholder images.

Renaissance marks Beyoncé’s first full-fledged studio album since 2016’s Lemonade. Since then, the singer teamed with husband Jay-Z for the Carters’ 2018 album Everything Is Love. Beyoncé also contributed music and curated 2019’s The Lion King: The Gift, a soundtrack/companion album to the Disney remake where she provided the voice of Nala. 

“Black Parade,” a Juneteenth 2020 single that later was added to the deluxe edition of The Gift, won Best R&B Performance at the 2021 Grammys; the song was also nominated for Song of the Year and Record of the Year.

In 2021, Beyoncé released her the single “Be Alive” for the film King Richard; the track received an Academy Award nomination for Best Original Song at this year’s Oscars, where Beyoncé also delivered a prerecorded performance of the track.

x

• Like 3

I'm lowkey excited, although nothing from hers since Lemonade actually has got me interested tbh :orly: let's see what she has in store!

Also, with the album allegedly having 16 songs and her post saying "act i" I bet it will have several interludes, so I'd dare to say 12 songs + 4 interludes? Who knows...

Edited by Ice Prince
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ice Prince said:

I'm lowkey excited, although nothing from hers since Lemonade actually has got me interested tbh :orly: let's see what he has in store!

Also, with the album allegedly having 16 songs and her post saying "act i" I bet it will have several interludes, so I'd dare to say 12 songs + 4 interludes? Who knows...

I haven't liked anything since Love On Top :yeah: 

• Like 2
  • Pissed 1
  • LMAO 1

I think it's very generous of her to announce the album a month in advance so that everyone can have time to postpone the releases. One thing I missed was this "act 1", what does that mean? Will she release the album as an EP or is this just the beginning of a The Weeknd-style trilogy? I'm not really looking forward to it, to be honest, let's wait and see what she has to offer. One thing is for sure, another cultural reset is coming. vNljTca.gif

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Oh how much I hope she'll give us something like her early stuff or Halo/4 album, self-titled wasn't bad, Lemonade had some acceptable tracks but nothing close to anything she dropped in the past... and the songs she dropped between Lemonade and now? I can't name a single one, they were THAT forgettable :awkwardney:

• Like 2
  • YAAASSS 2

4 hours ago, Leaving said:

I haven't liked anything since Love On Top :yeah: 

Honestly I haven't been excited for anything Beyoncé-related since "Self-Titled" which I played the hell out of... and I'm not a fan but girl had me spellbound during that era. I loved the concept of every song receiving a high budget music video and it all being like a short film + there so many meme-worthy moments that are now almost engrained into the collective consciousness, e.g. the "Oh, my aspiration in life... wow, th-that's a great question... I wasn't expecting that question... well, my aspiration in life would be to be happy" monologue of Pretty Hurts; the entire Ghost/Haunted chapter with Beyoncé ruthlessly ripping off Des'ree's 'You Gotta Be' MV in Ghost and channeling her inner bad girl Riri in Haunted. Then Flawless's "I woke up like this, I woke up like this" taunt + the impeccable Nicki Minaj remix with Nickita's now legendary "Looking Trinidadian, Japanese and Indian / Got Malaysian, got that yaki, that wavy Brazilian" and Beyoncé's "Of course sometimes shit go down when it's a billion dollars on an elevator" in reference to the messy Solangé X Jay-Z elevator bitch fight. Also Yoncé/Partition ("He Monica Lewinski'd all on my gown"). Add that spectacular Super Bowl performance into the mix, as well as the messiness of the national anthem live performance scandal + Beyoncé belting out the anthem again during the Super Bowl press conference as a response to the lip-syncing allegations and you got yourself an ERA.

Wow am I in Beyhive or what? I legit made myself SHOOKETH from how I didn't know I stanned the album/era so much :yeah: Having said that, Sasha Fierce remains my favorite Beyoncé album overall because I'm a basic ghey and all I crave are some commercial pop bops.

Unfortunately, she lost me with Lemonade which I felt lacked memorable melodies and the music videos were far too wannabe high art for me. Wasn't into the Lion King soundtrack or the Jay-Z joint album project either. So yeah, my interest in Beyoncé as a singer and a performer waned and ultimately died sometime in 2016. A large reason why are her hard-core obnoxious stans (excluding the normal fans), the fact her music turned into this unmemorable overhyped blah, and the press building her up to be this divine being/Goddess. 

Edited by Bambi101
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1

7 hours ago, Bambi101 said:

Honestly I haven't been excited for anything Beyoncé-related since "Self-Titled" which I played the hell out of... and I'm not a fan but girl had me spellbound during that era. I loved the concept of every song receiving a high budget music video and it all being like a short film + there so many meme-worthy moments that are now almost engrained into the collective consciousness, e.g. the "Oh, my aspiration in life... wow, th-that's a great question... I wasn't expecting that question... well, my aspiration in life would be to be happy" monologue of Pretty Hurts; the entire Ghost/Haunted chapter with Beyoncé ruthlessly ripping off Des'ree's 'You Gotta Be' MV in Ghost and channeling her inner bad girl Riri in Haunted. Then Flawless's "I woke up like this, I woke up like this" taunt + the impeccable Nicki Minaj remix with Nickita's now legendary "Looking Trinidadian, Japanese and Indian / Got Malaysian, got that yaki, that wavy Brazilian" and Beyoncé's "Of course sometimes shit go down when it's a billion dollars on an elevator" in reference to the messy Solangé X Jay-Z elevator bitch fight. Also Yoncé/Partition ("He Monica Lewinski'd all on my gown"). Add that spectacular Super Bowl performance into the mix, as well as the messiness of the national anthem live performance scandal + Beyoncé belting out the anthem again during the Super Bowl press conference as a response to the lip-syncing allegations and you got yourself an ERA.

Wow am I in Beyhive or what? I legit made myself SHOOKETH from how I didn't know I stanned the album/era so much :yeah: Having said that, Sasha Fierce remains my favorite Beyoncé album overall because I'm a basic ghey and all I crave are some commercial pop bops.

Unfortunately, she lost me with Lemonade which I felt lacked memorable melodies and the music videos were far too wannabe high art for me. Wasn't into the Lion King soundtrack or the Jay-Z joint album project either. So yeah, my interest in Beyoncé as a singer and a performer waned and ultimately died sometime in 2016. A large reason why are her hard-core obnoxious stans (excluding the normal fans), the fact her music turned into this unmemorable overhyped blah, and the press building her up to be this divine being/Goddess. 

You pretty much just summed up my exact thoughts in 1000 words or less :cackle: The only difference is I wasn't huuuuge about the self-titled album, although I liked Ghost, Haunted, Heaven and XO. Pretty Hurts, Flawless, Drunk In Love and most of the rest were pretty annoying to me :awkwardney: And all the artsy interludes of people taking off into space or whatever the hell it was were stupid af :hottie: Although the Super Bowl show was great!

But I'm totally with you on The Lion King, The Carters and the Beyhive :vacuum: Her acting in The Lion King also didn't do much to recommend her to me. I wish she'd just go back to making great pop/R&B music instead of trying to make everything she does a huge political statement or Louvre-worthy art piece.

It looks like this new album may be dance/disco-inspired though so maybe I'll get what I want :wink: 

• YAAASSS 1

AP22167480903630.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

Beyoncé will release her new single “Break My Soul” from the upcoming album Renaissance at midnight ET tonight.

The announcement was made with a simple “BREAK MY SOUL midnight ET” listed in the singer’s social media profiles today.

Last week, the Oscar and Emmy nominee and 28-time Grammy Award winner teased her next solo album, Renaissance, which is due for release on July 29. Fans had been tipped off that something was possibly afoot when the singer deleted the profile pictures and bios from her social media accounts earlier this month.

The album is expected to include 16 tracks, and would serve as a follow up to Beyoncé’s 2016’s Lemonade.

x

• Like 2