My New Puppy!

Main Pop Girl

So as some of you know, it was my birthday a couple of weeks ago on the 8th of September. My parents been knew for years that I wanted a dog but they kept trynna play me by saying they would get me one and then not coming through. :vacuum: But this year, a couple of days after my birthday we found a Japanese Spitz puppy for sale and we actually went and picked him up! :yaskween:

Here's some pics of my baby who we named Biff on my dad's suggestion. :cackle: 

IMG_0925.JPGIMG_0877.JPGIMG_0842.JPG

I have to say, as much as I love him I don't think I realised how much work he would be. I literally spend every second of the day I'm at home playing with him, cleaning up after him, feeding him, training him or taking him for walks. Because of that it's been so hard to update PHF and I want to apologise for not being on here as much as I should. :yeah: I'm trying my best to log on as much as possible and I'm still responding to PMs as quick as I can so please don't hate me

On another note, if any of y'all have any advice on how to raise puppies then please let me know. ;) He's still not toilet trained and I'm feeling like a failure. :fishie: 

• Like 2

He's sooo cute! I have one dog and six cats :stretcher: so i know that it's too much work indeed, especially when they are new and you got to train them. I guess it's just a matter of time until they learn to poop in the right place, some of them might take a little more time but eventually he'll be doing it in the right place, so don't worry about that! ;) 

On 9/25/2017 at 9:50 PM, lightyears said:

He's sooo cute! I have one dog and six cats :stretcher: so i know that it's too much work indeed, especially when they are new and you got to train them. I guess it's just a matter of time until they learn to poop in the right place, some of them might take a little more time but eventually he'll be doing it in the right place, so don't worry about that! ;) 

Six cats? :shocked: I never took you for a crazy cat lady! How long did it take to toilet train your dog? :o He's only ten weeks old so I'm sure he'll learn, but I've heard it takes like six months for some dogs which sounds so difficult... :'( 

1 hour ago, Countess said:

Six cats? :shocked: I never took you for a crazy cat lady! How long did it take to toilet train your dog? :o He's only ten weeks old so I'm sure he'll learn, but I've heard it takes like six months for some dogs which sounds so difficult... :'( 

Tbh i only have one cat that is always with me, the others are homeless cats that i find at my neighborhood and take to my place so i can find a home for them. A few months ago i had 12 and my mom was going insane :lol: I don't remember exactly how long it took to my dog, but i think it was like about 3 months, definitely not as fast as i wanted it to be lol.

On 28/09/2017 at 0:48 AM, lightyears said:

Tbh i only have one cat that is always with me, the others are homeless cats that i find at my neighborhood and take to my place so i can find a home for them. A few months ago i had 12 and my mom was going insane :lol: I don't remember exactly how long it took to my dog, but i think it was like about 3 months, definitely not as fast as i wanted it to be lol.

Omfg awww, that's actually so incredibly sweet! <3 So they just come and go as they please? How adorable, you're like an orphanage for unwanted kitties. <3 My dog actually took himself outside to poo the other day so I'm super proud of him, I'll let you know how he goes over the next few weeks. :shocked:

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/10/2017 at 5:20 AM, Countess said:

Omfg awww, that's actually so incredibly sweet! <3 So they just come and go as they please? How adorable, you're like an orphanage for unwanted kitties. <3 My dog actually took himself outside to poo the other day so I'm super proud of him, I'll let you know how he goes over the next few weeks. :shocked:

Yeah, we have some cats that just appeared out of nowhere and i found some of them at the street, felt sorry for them and took them home. When that happens i have to lie to my mom that they appeared here and i never seen them before so she won't be mad :stretcher: The only problem is that i adopted a cat and then found out that she's pregnant so I'm probably getting four more or so in the next few days, but at least i know that the baby cats will be safe instead of being born in the streets and having no safe place to stay. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2017 at 8:05 AM, Countess said:

So as some of you know, it was my birthday a couple of weeks ago on the 8th of September. My parents been knew for years that I wanted a dog but they kept trynna play me by saying they would get me one and then not coming through. :vacuum: But this year, a couple of days after my birthday we found a Japanese Spitz puppy for sale and we actually went and picked him up! :yaskween:

Here's some pics of my baby who we named Biff on my dad's suggestion. :cackle: 

IMG_0925.JPGIMG_0877.JPGIMG_0842.JPG

I have to say, as much as I love him I don't think I realised how much work he would be. I literally spend every second of the day I'm at home playing with him, cleaning up after him, feeding him, training him or taking him for walks. Because of that it's been so hard to update PHF and I want to apologise for not being on here as much as I should. :yeah: I'm trying my best to log on as much as possible and I'm still responding to PMs as quick as I can so please don't hate me

On another note, if any of y'all have any advice on how to raise puppies then please let me know. ;) He's still not toilet trained and I'm feeling like a failure. :fishie: 

I did not know it was legal to have a Polar Bear as a pet.  LOL.  What an adorable little thing Biff is. 

1. You need to take him outside as soon as he wakes up in the morning.  Even before you go.  No matter how tired you are or how cold or hot it is.  You can hold it, he can't.  And after he eats, take him out shortly there after.  It may take a bit but he will get used to going out at those times. 

2.  If and when he has an accident on the floor - which he will - If you are not there when it happens, getting angry at him will accomplish nothing.  Once he has gone and walks away, he has already forgotten about it.  If you do catch him in the act, it is ok to say in a forceful, yet non threatening voice - No boy no.  But never, I repeat, never rub his nose in it.  That is just wrong.  Not only that, but next time he goes to lick your face.  There could be some left over poop on his face.  Which would server you right. 

3.  Love, Love, Love that thing.  If you do that, the rest will come to you naturally.  And he will always want to please you.

4.  He's a puppy.  No human food until he is much older. 

5.  Always take him out before you go to bed. 

6.  Other than that....Remember #3. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Whoknowsmehere said:

I did not know it was legal to have a Polar Bear as a pet.  LOL.  What an adorable little thing Biff is. 

1. You need to take him outside as soon as he wakes up in the morning.  Even before you go.  No matter how tired you are or how cold or hot it is.  You can hold it, he can't.  And after he eats, take him out shortly there after.  It may take a bit but he will get used to going out at those times. 

2.  If and when he has an accident on the floor - which he will - If you are not there when it happens, getting angry at him will accomplish nothing.  Once he has gone and walks away, he has already forgotten about it.  If you do catch him in the act, it is ok to say in a forceful, yet non threatening voice - No boy no.  But never, I repeat, never rub his nose in it.  That is just wrong.  Not only that, but next time he goes to lick your face.  There could be some left over poop on his face.  Which would server you right. 

3.  Love, Love, Love that thing.  If you do that, the rest will come to you naturally.  And he will always want to please you.

4.  He's a puppy.  No human food until he is much older. 

5.  Always take him out before you go to bed. 

6.  Other than that....Remember #3. 

It's only legal in the following countries:

None of them :wink:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...