Anxiety

hounderawr

4 hours ago, Countess said:

Awww, I feel you with that one sis. :'( I don't have anyone to lean on either sadly, I'm still waiting for my Mr Right. ;) I hope you have a good Christmas though, I'm sure if you put your mind to it you'll be able to enjoy it like you used to! :P Just put on some Mariah songs and drink some champagne and you'll be fine!

Aw <3 You too! here, here i mean my brothers take care of me so im lucky in that way well my middle brother does and my aunt but i live alooooone (aunt lives in bathurst!) i know, im trying to get into the spirit this year, over october already and it's only the 10th technically i hate the horror shit im not here for that i can bearly bring myself to watch a scary movie by myself haha i need people around me. i knowww, im not sure what my plans are but i think im headed to my aunts for christmas she's like my mums non actual twin lol, she's amazing. 

i don't even have a christmas tree! i have a few decorations (altho i don't mind not having a christmas tree cos i can't be bothered pulling it down after)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone has said this because I only read OP but, I went to an anxiety course during school time last year. It was a group session therapy thing and it really didn't help too much but one of the things they recommended was to drink lots of water when you have that feeling in your stomach when anxious? I don't know if you feel the same but when I get anxious or panic, I get a pit in my stomach that feels like a hunger kind of. If you get that, drink something.

Also when you have anxiety its important to know the science behind it, because it can help. It's because of The Fight Or Flight Theory

I also read somewhere that, if you're having sudden anxiety when laying in bed, sitting down etc you should get up and maybe run around or something. Due to the same theory, your body will recognise you running/walking etc as you removing yourself from the threat.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Random update, but I went to New Zealand a few weeks ago and since I got back I've been facing a lot less anxiety than I used to. It's really weird! I'm not sure if it was just because I put myself out of my comfort zone, or if it was because I went with a friend who was super anxious and who I found really annoying. :cackle: But it's really given me a new lease on life and I feel like a totally different person! If there's anyone out there still suffering with anxiety I definitely recommend travelling: it seems scary at first but I think it has to help in the long run. ;) 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...