Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

Amercian Girl 10th Anniversary is coming very soon. This is her LAST CHANCE and perfect opportunity. She can promote in on TikTok saying shit like "did u remember this song? do you know that i did a whole album back then? it's actually coming soon!". If nothing comes this summer I wish her 4 remaining fans will stop caring about her.

• Like 4

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this random story that occasionally surfaces (whenever I least expect it) about Katy Perry’s manager being unhappy with Bonnie for making a choice to stop writing for Katy and the manager sabotaging Bonnie’s career from behind the scenes out of revenge?

If that’s what Bonnie is up against then why are we being so hard on her?

Edited by Dax Diameter

5 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

What is this random story that occasionally surfaces (whenever I least expect it) about Katy Perry’s manager being unhappy with Bonnie for making a choice to stop writing for Katy and the manager sabotaging Bonnie’s career from behind the scenes out of revenge?

If that’s what Bonnie is up against then why are we being so hard on her?

Never heard of this since I started stanning Bonnie. But I don’t stan Katy at all so maybe that’s why I missed this. Would explain a lot actually.

Bonnie has said countless times that it was Katy's decision to work with other people on "Witness." Why would Bonnie willingly choose to walk away from a gig that made her millions? lol.

Anyway, yeah, fingers crossed something happens for the 10 year anniversary of American Girl. I still think the vault concept she was teasing last year was super cool, and obviously would make a lot of sense to celebrate the anniversary. Hopefully she's been quietly working on ironing out the legal issues with Epic and is prepping for a summer release...

• Like 3

Realistically I don't think anything will happen to be completely honest. Like, she basically completely disappeared because she still doesn't own the 100% of the masters she needs to release the album, and that can take months and months. I doubt it has changed from her last update.

I'm infinitely thankful that we got the 2014 versions of the songs (AND the newest version of S.L.A.Y.!) so I've lowkey moved on from this. Of course I will be here for her if she comes back and drops this project or another one (the 'darker' album she talked about also sounds promising) but I'm no longer holding my breath for it.

• Like 3
  • LMAO 1

3 hours ago, zaynphallic said:

Bonnie has said countless times that it was Katy's decision to work with other people on "Witness." Why would Bonnie willingly choose to walk away from a gig that made her millions? lol.

I mean, we know that Bonnie wanted to at least try to be a popstar in her own right before she approached an age where she would be too old to launch as one and she had already made millions (by that point) from worldwide songwriting royalties (for others) which had already made her financially independent.

For the above reasons combined to the fact she obviously made important connections in the music industry (on the way up) - does make it suspicious (at least to me) after such a good start - that only a sheer act of willful sabotage could possibly have ruined it for her.

After listening to all the gossip for so long, that is how I personally view her and for those reasons, I will never blame her or ridicule her for not making it as a popstar, because I’m simply not convinced (and never have been) that she is the one at fault.

I’ve said my piece, all I wanted to do was defend her.

Edited by Dax Diameter
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Ice Prince said:

Realistically I don't think anything will happen to be completely honest. Like, she basically completely disappeared because she still doesn't own the 100% of the masters she needs to release the album, and that can take months and months. I doubt it has changed from her last update.

There's no way to tell if she has made progress until she updates us herself. She has said in her comments she wanted a summer release date and that Epic ruined her chances at it last year. So I think there is definitely a chance that she will come back with a summer release date, and as said before, if she doesn't, people can simply just move on.

Not to mention, some of her last TikTok interactions were her going back to reply to old messages left on her Epic announcement TikTok. She 100% could've made silent progress and stopped speaking on it as it could damage her legal case and or because she's not jumping the gun.

Either way, I have no regrets about defending her like I used to. I seriously doubt Bonnie is some malicious liar, and the forum could use some positivity. Plus, let's not forget there are unleaked epic tracks making the final tracklist, so there's stuff to look forward to.

(P.S. you also disappeared and we feel very abandoned!)

wheels are turning.png

Edited by izzzyyy
  • Like 4

And here's a list of everything Bonnie has confirmed/considered/scrapped for the Epic album! Source is mostly tiktok comments and her fourth of july party.

Confirmed:

SLAY - confirmed on tiktok. in the vault video.

Forever 21 - confirmed on tiktok. in the vault video.

Hot City - sang lyrics on tiktok. played at her fourth party & in the vault video.

IWFCY - sang lyrics on tiktok. in the vault video.

Electric Heaven - rework confirmed on tiktok. in the vault video.

Rewind Your Heart - confirmed on tiktok. in the vault video.

Everything But You - in Vault video

Just A Kiss - confirmed by Bonnie on TikTok twice

Maybe:

Jenny - MIGHT be on, she loves this one

Outlaw - Might be included rumming over, also a fav

Soundtrack To The End - 80s power ballad, not sure if the world wants but on the list

Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt - said she's fighting for to be on the record, but that it might be hard since sony paid in full? asked her what that means

Mirage - loves this one 💀, not a trouble outtake not 2003

Scrapped:

DGM - an alleged shit show even though she was literally sending Jenny to random producers

Right Now - always loved but is scrapped because it’s too expensive (even though she’s releasing eby and her and max martin are long time friends. it’s scrapped bc of dr luke.)

Show Me Your Love - never finished but she loved it

Wild Card - We have been told not making the album. Was played in AKTV.

Last Call Lover - said it wasn’t at the top of her list but she’s happy it’s liked

Unlock Your Love - "…. I don’t know that one!"

Love Spell - said doesn't fit with the rest of the album and if it had made the album back in 2014 it would've been re-recorded

Hitman - She loves this one, but she's saving it for another project (which is currently unknown)

Calling All Cars - “Tina Turner interpolation,” she’s scared it’ll cost a fortune to release. “Also it’s the weirdest song ever.”

Edited by izzzyyy
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

45 minutes ago, izzzyyy said:

And here's a list of everything Bonnie has confirmed/considered/scrapped for the Epic album! Source is mostly tiktok comments and her fourth of july party.

Confirmed:

SLAY - confirmed on tiktok. in the vault video.

Forever 21 - confirmed on tiktok. in the vault video.

Hot City - sang lyrics on tiktok. played at her fourth party & in the vault video.

IWFCY - sang lyrics on tiktok. in the vault video.

Electric Heaven - rework confirmed on tiktok. in the vault video.

Rewind Your Heart - confirmed on tiktok. in the vault video.

Everything But You - in Vault video

Just A Kiss - confirmed by Bonnie on TikTok twice

These are the better of her tracks, so I'm not mad at this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, izzzyyy said:

There's no way to tell if she has made progress until she updates us herself. She has said in her comments she wanted a summer release date and that Epic ruined her chances at it last year. So I think there is definitely a chance that she will come back with a summer release date, and as said before, if she doesn't, people can simply just move on.

Not to mention, some of her last TikTok interactions were her going back to reply to old messages left on her Epic announcement TikTok. She 100% could've made silent progress and stopped speaking on it as it could damage her legal case and or because she's not jumping the gun.

Either way, I have no regrets about defending her like I used to. I seriously doubt Bonnie is some malicious liar, and the forum could use some positivity. Plus, let's not forget there are unleaked epic tracks making the final tracklist, so there's stuff to look forward to.

(P.S. you also disappeared and we feel very abandoned!)

Don't get me wrong bestie, I actually don't think she's lying. That's why I stopped attacking her for the long delays. It's just I'm tired so if it comes out I'm all here for it, if it doesn't well, we have the songs in pretty decent quality now. But I really want her to have the career she deserves, she's a very talented hitmaker and her voice is beautiful so I really think she should've had the big popstar icon category she deserved.

Spoiler

And I know I've been hella absent over there, will log back in one of these days and check on you guys! <3 

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1

12 hours ago, Unusual Destination said:

Post The Tracklist You Are Using For The EPIC Album

This is mine...

bonnie-mockup.jpg

1. Don't Get Mad, Get Famous (Intro) (2:09)
  2. S.L.A.Y. (3:58)
  3. American Girl (3:43)
  4. Forever 21 (3:44)
  5. Hot City (3:55)
  6. Rewind Your Heart (4:06)
  7. I Wanna Fucking Call You (3:36)
  8. Hit Me Up (3:36)
  9. Electric Heaven (3:28)
  10. Everything But You (3:42)
  11. Waking Up Diagonal (4:00)
  12. Last Call Lover (3:40)
  13. Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt (3:42)
  • Like 2

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)