Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Skinny Legend said:

This one?

It actually doesn't sound too bad...Kinda cute if I'm being honest!

Yeah I thought so too! But apart from that snippet, I can't find any info ANYWHERE on when it was recorded etc. Hopefully it will resurface in another life hah

• LMAO 1

I check if S.L.A.Y. has leaked like 3x a year, every year, and nothing. What happened to it? If she sold it to another artist, then I'm confused because she performed it a bunch of times. Maybe she sampled something and couldn't get the rights? Why not just leak it????? This is my biggest frustration in pop music ever

Edited by lukeluke
  • WTF 1

5 hours ago, lukeluke said:

I check if S.L.A.Y. has leaked like 3x a year, every year, and nothing. What happened to it? If she sold it to another artist, then I'm confused because she performed it a bunch of times. Maybe she sampled something and couldn't get the rights? Why not just leak it????? This is my biggest frustration in pop music ever

It's sitting on her computer since 2014 :awkwardney: She litteraly has no excuses since she brought the songs back from Epic.

• Like 3

yeah exactly. but her only excuse she's been using NOW is that it sounds dated and wants to reproduce it for her album full of epic songs. the problem with that is, who knows if it'll still be good if she reproduces it. i've dm'ed her on instagram to keep them the same cuz that's what we want not new versions but she left me on read. if we want those songs that's what we've been asking for years, we never asked her to redo & update the sound of them?

• Like 1

On 8/2/2020 at 3:03 AM, followcher said:

yeah exactly. but her only excuse she's been using NOW is that it sounds dated and wants to reproduce it for her album full of epic songs. the problem with that is, who knows if it'll still be good if she reproduces it. i've dm'ed her on instagram to keep them the same cuz that's what we want not new versions but she left me on read. if we want those songs that's what we've been asking for years, we never asked her to redo & update the sound of them?

So there's actually a full studio version of S.L.AY.? God, it's so frustrating! 

Exactly - we want them as the version they are now. To be fair to Bonnie, she usually does respond to her DMs, so hopefully she'll reply to you (preferably with a "yes I will keep them all the same"), we can only hope ?

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

I wonder if it was ever finished or if she just worked on the snippet for the theme song?

This song was finished. She also showed parts of the song in her YouTube series a few years ago. A long time ago, I talked to someone who knew that something was going leak.. and around that time ‘Somebody’s Gonna Get Hurt’ got leaked. He said that this song wanna gonna be next but it didn’t come because Bonnie wanted to re-record it or something. He also said that the old tracks will probably remain unleaked/unreleased because she feels like they don't represent her anymore. This was back in 2018 or something. People told me that Bonnie never finished ‘Somebody’s Gonna Get Hurt’ but then the full song leaked. I just know that Bonnie also finished this one.

Edited by blossomcoco

On 9/14/2020 at 4:51 AM, blossomcoco said:

This song was finished. She also showed parts of the song in her YouTube series a few years ago. A long time ago, I talked to someone who knew that something was going leak.. and around that time ‘Somebody’s Gonna Get Hurt’ got leaked. He said that this song wanna gonna be next but it didn’t come because Bonnie wanted to re-record it or something. He also said that the old tracks will probably remain unleaked/unreleased because she feels like they don't represent her anymore. This was back in 2018 or something. People told me that Bonnie never finished ‘Somebody’s Gonna Get Hurt’ but then the full song leaked. I just know that Bonnie also finished this one.

Well that's interesting! I'm surprised it hasn't leaked yet in that case. It's such a shame she has so much good material that hasn't ever seen the light of day.

Did Bonnie ever record a version of Naked that appeared on Ava's album? For some reason, I remember her having a song called Naked from back in the day, but I could easily be confusing it with the many many other songs called Naked by the many many other artists.

• Like 1

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)