Over 500 000 Boycott Target Over Transgender Rights Debate

Main Pop Girl

094d27f4b31c5c5d_Social-Pride-ABullseyeV 

A conservative Christian activist group has gained more than half a million signatures and counting from people pledging to boycott Target over its transgender bathroom policy.

The petition started by the American Family Association on Wednesday raises concerns that Target's inclusive stance on transgender rights encourages sexual predators and puts women and young girls in danger, because "a man can simply say he 'feels like a woman today' and enter the women's restroom."

The boycott has more than 517,000 signatures as of Monday afternoon, marking it as one of AFA's most popular campaigns.

"This is the best response we’ve ever had this quick," says AFA President Tim Wildmon, attributing the protest's viral nature to the fact that "everybody knows who Target is, and it’s an easy-to-understand issue."

Wildmon says Target stands "to lose a lot of customers who won't come back." But Target is standing by its policy.

"We certainly respect that there are a wide variety of perspectives and opinions," says Target spokeswoman Molly Snyder. "As a company that firmly stands behind what it means to offer our team an inclusive place to work — and our guests an inclusive place to shop — we continue to believe that this is the right thing for Target."

She added that hundreds of Target stores "have single-stall, family restrooms for those who may be more comfortable with that option."

Target made its position public in a blog post last week, stating that the company welcomes "transgender team members and guests to use the restroom or fitting room facility that corresponds with their gender identity." The announcement comes as legislation on transgender issues in multiple states has spurred several major corporations and businesses to take a stance on LGBT rights.

Deutsche Bank halted a plan to add 250 jobs to an outpost of the company in North Carolina after the state passed a law requiring transgender people using public bathrooms to use the one associated with their gender at birth.

The American Family Association, a non-profit based in Tupelo, Miss., frequently protests on issues that target what it considers traditional family values. Its more recent campaigns include canceling the organization's use of PayPal after that company pulled back on plans to open a new facility in North Carolina due to the state's transgender bathroom law.

Tbh, if you're that worried about using bathrooms with men in them, you should time your pee better. :morning: If a man really wants to rape you, it doesn't matter whether he's allowed into your bathroom or not, that bitch will find the nearest alley and drag you in. And if you're uncomfortable with transgender individuals using the bathrooms they prefer then that's your issue, not theirs. :vacuum: 

• YAAASSS 4

18 minutes ago, Countess said:

094d27f4b31c5c5d_Social-Pride-ABullseyeV 

Tbh, if you're that worried about using bathrooms with men in them, you should time your pee better. :morning: If a man really wants to rape you, it doesn't matter whether he's allowed into your bathroom or not, that bitch will find the nearest alley and drag you in. And if you're uncomfortable with transgender individuals using the bathrooms they prefer then that's your issue, not theirs. :vacuum: 

DAMN.... I can't even tell how much I hate Christians! Like everytime I see that something is being boycoted or somebody's rights are being infringed, I see that there are Christian activists involved. Like wtf?

I mean I do not hate Christians. I just don't understand why so many of them are so hateful

Edited by Tweener
  • YAAASSS 1

Such a shame people are so stupid and scared for no reason. Irrational fear is so dangerous. Also we have to remember that even though these specific people maybe be dumb (or uninformed). I know a lot of Christians that actually advocate for LGBT rights etc. One of my best friends used to be really religious and i'm pretty sure is still religious and she fights for equal rights etc. All the time. 

• YAAASSS 2

fuck them all, I hate the religion for things like that, the other day I had to fight with an old woman who throw me shit to my face in the street because I was huging my boyfriend (I'm a boy)! I can't imagine how does transgender people feel... I'm so sad for them, I will alway fight for everyone in the LGBT community! if someone show respect to us, I will show it too, but I won't tolerate any bad words from anyone!

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, ART DECO said:

fuck them all, I hate the religion for things like that, the other day I had to fight with an old woman who throw me shit to my face in the street because I was huging my boyfriend! I can't imagine how does transgender people feel... I'm so sad for them, I will alway fight for everyone in the LGTB community!

giphy.gif

They are super fucked up sometimes. Live and let live. Who cares about other people's lives? Like... could they be more delusional?

giphy.gif

• YAAASSS 1

4 minutes ago, Tweener said:

They are super fucked up sometimes. Live and let live. Who cares about other people's lives? Like... could they be more delusional?

they are thristy, they should stop saying shit about other people's live, let us live our lives and be happy! I can't with them ugh. :angry:

tumblr_lvnl7eGhZr1qk7yxto1_500.gif

8 hours ago, Countess said:

If a man really wants to rape you, it doesn't matter whether he's allowed into your bathroom or not, that bitch will find the nearest alley and drag you in. 

and also... bathroom rape is nowhere being this huge epidemic anyway, date rape and incestual/peer/acquaintance rape actually are WAY more common, if you're interested in preventing rape, arresting every grandpa/uncle/dad/brother/teacher/police man/boss would be more effective than policing trans people

• YAAASSS 1

10 hours ago, ART DECO said:

fuck them all, I hate the religion for things like that, the other day I had to fight with an old woman who throw me shit to my face in the street because I was huging my boyfriend (I'm a boy)! I can't imagine how does transgender people feel... I'm so sad for them, I will alway fight for everyone in the LGBT community! if someone show respect to us, I will show it too, but I won't tolerate any bad words from anyone!

giphy.gif

Not all religious people are like that. It's sad that negative experiences in the world stand out more than positives ones. I have a feeling that these millions of signatures you will see often for things like this or other boycotts are probably all the same people. My favorite is how they boycotted the show Good Christian Bitches for being blasphemous even though it was just showing how hypocritical, rude, and greedy some Christians can be <3 

2 hours ago, FeralHeart said:

and also... bathroom rape is nowhere being this huge epidemic anyway, date rape and incestual/peer/acquaintance rape actually are WAY more common, if you're interested in preventing rape, arresting every grandpa/uncle/dad/brother/teacher/police man/boss would be more effective than policing trans people

I read something about that recently. Trans people are already really careful in restrooms, so they don't receive abuse often at all. And let's not male shame <3 

• YAAASSS 1

50 minutes ago, PrettyBitch said:

Trans people are already really careful in restrooms, so they don't receive abuse often at all. And let's not male shame <3 

actually at least 64% of trans people report being sexually assaulted at one point compared to less than 20% of cis women [x][x] and i wasn't male shaming sdljghsdg im just saying you're more likely to be raped by your uncle than by a stranger in a walmart bathroom

• YAAASSS 1

5 minutes ago, FeralHeart said:

actually at least 64% of trans people report being sexually assaulted at one point compared to less than 20% of cis women [x][x] and i wasn't male shaming sdljghsdg im just saying you're more likely to be raped by your uncle than by a stranger in a walmart bathroom

I meant in restrooms, not in general.

• YAAASSS 1

1 hour ago, FeralHeart said:

That's because trans people are much less in number than cis omg

3 hours ago, PrettyBitch said:

Not all religious people are like that. It's sad that negative experiences in the world stand out more than positives ones. I have a feeling that these millions of signatures you will see often for things like this or other boycotts are probably all the same people. My favorite is how they boycotted the show Good Christian Bitches for being blasphemous even though it was just showing how hypocritical, rude, and greedy some Christians can be <3  

I got you, I don't mind if they believe in god or whatever, and I will respect them if the show respect to me too :)