Look This Way

sher179

Hey Everyone! 

My name is David and I've been told by a few members that I should post here and introduce myself so I thought why not! I currently live in the Yukon Territory in Canada, in a small of 400 people. I'm a substitute teacher, but music is my main passion. I love all kinds of music and get super excited when new stuff gets released because its really good inspiration for myself as a writer. Just a little fun fact, in March of 2014 I got in touch with the Monsters and Strangerz and have been getting mentored by them ever since. My dream is to become a world renowned musician and performer. If any of you would like to read some songs I've written I would love feedback! I can't wait to get to know all of you and hope to be active here more :)

- D

heyo! Respect to you for being a teacher, you gotta put up with half the kids across the internet. :stretcher: 
Although, to be fair, I'm sure they're not  bitches in real life, probably too scared to speak up in class cause they actually have to show their faces. :lol: 

Haha you'd be surprised! But it's not that bad actually and the pay combined with the rent situation where I'm living is perfect for saving so that's always good. It's just this town has a lot of issues that go way way back. Which affects a lot of the kids and makes the teaching climate tense sometimes. 

5 minutes ago, sher179 said:

Haha you'd be surprised! But it's not that bad actually and the pay combined with the rent situation where I'm living is perfect for saving so that's always good. It's just this town has a lot of issues that go way way back. Which affects a lot of the kids and makes the teaching climate tense sometimes. 

Poor Canada. :'( 

3 minutes ago, Cypher said:

Poor Canada. :'( 

Lol Canada is awesome! It's just there are certain towns that have issues, just like anywhere else. But the summers in the Yukon are amazing. There's sunlight pretty much 24 hours. It feels like an endless summer

Welcome babe! <3 For some reason Canadians are always my favourite members so I'm sure we'll get along. ;) I never knew you worked with The Monsters and the Strangerz tho, I'm super jealous tbh! Do you have any exclusives on Bebe's new album for us? ;) You should definitely submit something for the new PHF EP we're working on! <3 

5 hours ago, sher179 said:

Lol Canada is awesome! It's just there are certain towns that have issues, just like anywhere else. But the summers in the Yukon are amazing. There's sunlight pretty much 24 hours. It feels like an endless summer

Sounds like California year-round. Pay an arm and a leg for constant sunlight.

3 hours ago, Countess said:

Welcome babe! <3 For some reason Canadians are always my favourite members so I'm sure we'll get along. ;) I never knew you worked with The Monsters and the Strangerz tho, I'm super jealous tbh! Do you have any exclusives on Bebe's new album for us? ;) You should definitely submit something for the new PHF EP we're working on! <3 

Thank you! ♡♡♡♡ <3 and yay lol!!! Well they're the ones who honestly have pushed me to get better, I wrote on one track which was being shipped around, but hasn't been picked up yet. That's when I realized I really needed to take creative control so I can better my chances of having music released. That sounds like an awesome idea! What is this EP exactly? And unfortunately I don't have any info on Bebe's album, but she did read my lyrics last year and said she really liked them! So that must be good right? Actually the whole team are really behind my lyrics, I just need to get the other aspects like melodies and instrumentation down you know? 

3 hours ago, Paradise said:

Hey there! It's nice to see someone from the territories; I'm Canadian too. :) Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

That's awesome! What part of Canada are you from? I'm super happy to be here, I'm gonna try to be active, but with work and music, Im not sure what that means exactly yet. Thank you for being so sweet :)

2 hours ago, Cypher said:

Sounds like California year-round. Pay an arm and a leg for constant sunlight.

You should visit sometime, it's pretty cheap here, but you still can do some adventurous stuff, especially if youre visiting. I'm actually hoping to be in San Francisco this summer, since I'll be staying with a friend and just living life. Are you close to there?

2 hours ago, RadiantEdits said:

Welcome :dayfid: I <3 Canadians! they're sexy, like Justin Bieber & Shawn Mendes :popcorn:

Haha thank you <3 and mhmm they are ;) 

36 minutes ago, sher179 said:

You should visit sometime, it's pretty cheap here, but you still can do some adventurous stuff, especially if youre visiting. I'm actually hoping to be in San Francisco this summer, since I'll be staying with a friend and just living life. Are you close to there?

I've been to Toronto (years back) and then Vancouver (last summer). They were fun places, seemed pretty similar to where I am. I'm about 45 minutes out of SF, so close enough to make day trips, but smart enough not to go into that chaos. ;) 

58 minutes ago, Cypher said:

I've been to Toronto (years back) and then Vancouver (last summer). They were fun places, seemed pretty similar to where I am. I'm about 45 minutes out of SF, so close enough to make day trips, but smart enough not to go into that chaos. ;) 

Oh nice, those are great cities. Haha good choice, maybe I'll see you when I'm there! ;)

52 minutes ago, mitch said:

I second this as a Canadian as well! :welcome:

Archived