Melanie Martinez Drags Fans For Stealing Her Purse

858affcb981ff5f362872ee8de433605

I’m so disappointed. Tonight I got my purse stolen from backstage. I had my passport in there, my card, personal shit from my parents, etc. not only is this illegal, but the fact that whoever took it, did it because they look at it as some sort of twisted “souvenir”, makes me SICK. I hate this internet age we live in too, because I reach out on Twitter trying to find who took my purse and all you write is “mom” “Queen” “follow me”. How is that normal?! How is that okay? How do you sleep at night? My friend gives his number out for anyone who might have any info, and people call laughing, asking if they could talk to me, lying saying they have my purse and will give it back if I get their tweet to 2,000 favorites. Really?

I don’t know how else to say this. I’m sick of artists feeling too scared to speak up on this issue. Just because I make music, doesn’t mean you have the right to dehumanize me. You bully me, you judge me, you call me a bitch If I’m having a bad day, the list goes on and on. I work my ass off for you, I give so much of myself to you, and i go broke to create for you.

Remember that I am a human. The fact that I was talking to another friend of mine who is an artist and she said that if we were bleeding on the sidewalk, people would probably take a selfie before helping us, is a problem. No human should feel this way. Please understand that I make music to express myself, and if you know anything about me you know that I’m nothing but honest. I love everyone who supports me and my music, and I appreciate it. But after tonight there was no way that I couldn’t speak up about this issue.

I understand where she's coming from tbh. All those people asking for retweets are more than just annoying, they're fame hungry and willing to manipulate people into getting what they want. As much as I understand freaking out over someone you stan, people need to have more compassion for their faves and not just seeing them as products.

That said, it's gonna happen to her more and more now she's famous so she better get used to it. :magic:

Edited by H.B.I.C.