Miley Cyrus: Nicki Minaj is "Not Very Kind"

enhanced-3628-1440712715-1.jpg

If you haven’t heard, last month Nicki Minaj caused quite a stir by tweeting her frustration over “Anaconda” not being nominated for MTV’s Video of the Year.

In an interview with the New York Times, Miley Cyrus was asked what she thought about “the Nicki Minaj controversy” over “Anaconda” not being nominated.

Miley Cyrus wrote: "I saw that. I didn’t really get into it. I know there was some beef. I don’t really know. There’s a way to talk to people…”

When asked if she knew what Nicki said, Miley replied, “She was saying that everyone was white and blonde that got nominated, I heard? And then Taylor Swift butted in.”

The interviewer stated that Nicki may have been referring to “Wrecking Ball” and the idea that “when a naked white girl breaks a Vevo record she gets nominated.”

Miley said she didn’t respect that statement “because of the anger that came with it.”

Miley Cyrus wrote:

“I didn’t follow it. You know what I always say? Not that this is jealousy, but jealousy does the opposite of what you want it to — that’s a yoga mantra. People forget that the choices that they make and how they treat people in life affect you in a really big way. If you do things with an open heart and you come at things with love, you would be heard and I would respect your statement. But I don’t respect your statement because of the anger that came with it. And it’s not anger like, ‘Guys, I’m frustrated about some things that are a bigger issue.’ You made it about you. Not to sound like a bitch, but that’s like, ‘Eh, I didn’t get my V.M.A.’”

She also said, “If you want to make it about race, there’s a way you could do that. But don’t make it just about yourself. Say: ‘This is the reason why I think it’s important to be nominated. There’s girls everywhere with this body type.’”

She added that what she heard “sounded very Nicki Minaj, which, if you know Nicki Minaj is not too kind. It’s not very polite.”

Miley went on to say:

“I think there’s a way you speak to people with openness and love. You don’t have to start this pop star against pop star war. It became Nicki Minaj and Taylor in a fight, so now the story isn’t even on what you wanted it to be about. Now you’ve just given E! News ‘Catfight! Taylor and Nicki Go at It.’ I know you can make it seem like, Oh I just don’t understand because I’m a white pop star. I know the statistics. I know what’s going on in the world. But to be honest, I don’t think MTV did that on purpose.”

Is it weird that I actually agree with every single person who's commented on this issue? Nicki is right to call out racism in the music industry, although I don't honestly believe that this was an example of it. Taylor was right to point out that she deserved to be nominated and Nicki was probably shunned by one of the males. Katy was right to point out Taylor's hipocrisy. And now Miley is right to critique Nicki's tone and ask for a more civilised, open discussion on the situation.

But she totally seems like clueless as to what happen. Like Nic didn't comment or post anything to start beef. She didn't make it about herself and she explained why she was so pissed off. Yeah, she used Miley as an example but who wouldn't? I mean this chick legit got naked and rode a wrecking ball. All Nicki's done was wear a bathing suit and "worked out" in it. The whole attention shifted to "beef", which honestly, it was more like some gas station tofu, when Taylor jumped in and even then Nicki said she wasn't talking about her. The "beef" wasn't even real or lasted that long. I feel that Nicki's not the mean person that the world tries to make her to be. She's just a lot more assertive than the average female. I mean, you can't dominate a male influenced industry while being a push over.

• YAAASSS 1

But she totally seems like clueless as to what happen. Like Nic didn't comment or post anything to start beef. She didn't make it about herself and she explained why she was so pissed off. Yeah, she used Miley as an example but who wouldn't? I mean this chick legit got naked and rode a wrecking ball. All Nicki's done was wear a bathing suit and "worked out" in it. The whole attention shifted to "beef", which honestly, it was more like some gas station tofu, when Taylor jumped in and even then Nicki said she wasn't talking about her. The "beef" wasn't even real or lasted that long. I feel that Nicki's not the mean person that the world tries to make her to be. She's just a lot more assertive than the average female. I mean, you can't dominate a male influenced industry while being a push over.

Idk, as much as I like Nicki, I honestly think she's a total bitch. You only have to look to her reaction towards Miley at the VMAs to understand what Miley's upset about. Like it's okay because for the most part she uses her bitchiness for good rather than evil and I agree with the majority of what she's saying behind the front she puts on, but I can see why someone like Miley who's genuinely all about love and respect could be upset by her comments, especially given her close relationship with MTV.

Edited by H.B.I.C.

Idk, as much as I like Nicki, I honestly think she's a total bitch. You only have to look to her reaction towards Miley at the VMAs to understand what Miley's upset about. Like it's okay because for the most part she uses her bitchiness for good rather than evil and I agree with the majority of what she's saying behind the front she puts on, but I can see why someone like Miley who's genuinely all about love and respect could be upset by her comments, especially given her close relationship with MTV.

But I don't think Miley should've even said anything in the first place. She even said she didn't know what was going on or what happened but she still had an opinion? Like c'mon. And to say that the whole thing was very Nicki Minaj like, like what does that even mean?? I like Miley, she's cool and I support a lot of her movements and her music, but c'mon, this is one topic she should've stayed out of. She should've known Nicki doesn't fuck around like that.

• YAAASSS 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/31/2015 at 11:30 AM, Countess said:

Idk, as much as I like Nicki, I honestly think she's a total bitch. You only have to look to her reaction towards Miley at the VMAs to understand what Miley's upset about. Like it's okay because for the most part she uses her bitchiness for good rather than evil and I agree with the majority of what she's saying behind the front she puts on, but I can see why someone like Miley who's genuinely all about love and respect could be upset by her commentsespecially given her close relationship with MTV.

Her reaction at the VMAs was warranted , Miley had no business inserting herself into anything. She constantly does this then plays innocent little lamb to get out of taking responsibility. She does it for attention mainly as her star has faded. 

She did it to Mariah Carey just recently in an interview. 

On 9/30/2016 at 2:42 AM, Elizabeth said:

Her reaction at the VMAs was warranted , Miley had no business inserting herself into anything. She constantly does this then plays innocent little lamb to get out of taking responsibility. She does it for attention mainly as her star has faded. 

She did it to Mariah Carey just recently in an interview. 

Say what you will about Miley, but she knows how to remain relevant and she definitely doesn't need to bring hasbeens like Mariah into the conversation in order to remain in the headlines. I still don't like what she said, but I don't think she said it out of a need for media attention.

1 hour ago, Countess said:

Say what you will about Miley, but she knows how to remain relevant and she definitely doesn't need to bring hasbeens like Mariah into the conversation in order to remain in the headlines. I still don't like what she said, but I don't think she said it out of a need for media attention.

No she is not relevant and her album before bangerz FLOPPED, Mariah is a star like no other who can still stadiums in  Asia. Just because she not selling millions of albums does NOT maker her a has been. 

2 minutes ago, Elizabeth said:

No she is not relevant and her album before bangerz FLOPPED, Mariah is a star like no other who can still stadiums in  Asia. Just because she not selling millions of albums does NOT maker her a has been. 

What even? :stretcher: Can't Be Tamed hit #3 in the US, top ten in eighteen countries and had a lead single with over 168 million views on YouTube. Me...I Am Mariah only got half of that with nine entries into the top ten, with '#Beautiful' peaking at #15 and having just over 38 million views. I love Mariah too, I even went to see her at her Vegas residency, but gurl has nowhere near the impact that Miley does at this point in time.

• YAAASSS 1

Just now, Countess said:

What even? :stretcher: Can't Be Tamed hit #3 in the US, top ten in eighteen countries and had a lead single with over 168 million views on YouTube. Me...I Am Mariah only got half of that with nine entries into the top ten, with '#Beautiful' peaking at #15 and having just over 38 million views. I love Mariah too, I even went to see her at her Vegas residency, but gurl has nowhere near the impact that Miley does at this point in time.

Mariah has been going strong for 27 years , and Miley does MAJOR promo for these sales. Mariah did not do any promo for the album that sold 300k worldwide. AFTER 27 years. No gimmicks, no tongue sticking out. Just released the album. She did like 3 events to promote #beautiful. Then filled every stadium in China making her the first Western artist to do this.

THis is a major reason Miley has not released an album there is little demand, with Miley Cyrus and her dead petz clowned to extinction. She is not relevant she is infamous, with most comments about her wearing reavealing clothes NOT the music. It is like saying the Kardashians are relevant they are famous/infamous but NOT relevant. 

3 minutes ago, Elizabeth said:

Mariah has been going strong for 27 years , and Miley does MAJOR promo for these sales. Mariah did not do any promo for the album that sold 300k worldwide. AFTER 27 years. No gimmicks, no tongue sticking out. Just released the album. She did like 3 events to promote #beautiful. Then filled every stadium in China making her the first Western artist to do this.

THis is a major reason Miley has not released an album there is little demand, with Miley Cyrus and her dead petz clowned to extinction. She is not relevant she is infamous, with most comments about her wearing reavealing clothes NOT the music. It is like saying the Kardashians are relevant they are famous/infamous but NOT relevant. 

Miley didn't have any gimmicks for Can't Be Tamed either. The tongue sticking out came during the #Bangerz era as you well know. Meanwhile, Mariah had a Vegas residency, appeared on American Idol and broke up with her husband and she still couldn't get a #1... :flush: 

And idk what you're talking about but Miley released an album last year which was pretty critically successful. :stretcher: 

• YAAASSS 1

STOP SHIT TALKING MILEY! She's been successful and is slaying y'all faves since "Hannah Montana: Songs from and inspired by a hit TV series". GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE SAYING THIS CRAP. 

You can drag flops, but you should respect artists who are talented, beautiful and successful. Miley did promo for Bangerz, cause she felt like it. It's hard to cut off from a Disney image and she managed to do that. She's at the point of her career when she doesn't follow standards. She sets them. She's a music icon and she's only 23. 

• YAAASSS 1

13 minutes ago, Countess said:

Miley didn't have any gimmicks for Can't Be Tamed either. The tongue sticking out came during the #Bangerz era as you well know. Meanwhile, Mariah had a Vegas residency, appeared on American Idol and broke up with her husband and she still couldn't get a #1... :flush: 

And idk what you're talking about but Miley released an album last year which was pretty critically successful. :stretcher: 

Go look on youtube ,and her tour barely sold. It is mistly smoke and mirrors. And can't be tamed had her in a cage. About 40k seats STILL went unsold. Her last tour was doing 2500 people and she could not even fill that up.

You look at everything touring, album sales, singles the latter two heavily inflated by streaming. 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jesselawrence/2014/02/19/amidst-mixed-review-and-controversy-miley-cyrus-tickets-for-bangerz-tour-selling-for-below-faceprice-in-several-cities/#79ff934d36ee

We can agree to disagree but this is someone supposed to be in their PEAK!!!