Donald Trump Announces He's Running for President

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XXcPl4T55I

Donald J. Trump, the garrulous real estate developer whose name has adorned apartment buildings, hotels, Trump-brand neckties and Trump-brand steaks, announced on Tuesday his entry into the 2016 presidential race, brandishing his wealth and fame as chief qualifications in an improbable quest for the Republican nomination. 

Mr. Trump declared his candidacy in the atrium of Trump Tower, the luxury skyscraper on Fifth Avenue in New York City, proclaiming that only someone “really rich” – like himself – could restore American economic primacy. 

“We need somebody that can take the brand of the United States and make it great again,” said Mr. Trump, repeatedly assailing China and Mexico as economic competitors, and pledging to be “the greatest jobs president that God ever created.” 

Mr. Trump, 69, has long toyed with running for president, boasting of his credentials as an entrepreneur and mocking the accomplishments of prominent elected officials. He has used the platform of a reality television show, NBC’s “The Apprentice,” to burnish his pop-culture image as a formidable man of affairs. 

It seems a remote prospect that Republicans, stung in 2012 by the caricature of their nominee, Mitt Romney, as a pampered and politically tone-deaf financier, would rebound by nominating a real estate magnate who has published books with titles such as, “Think Like a Billionaire” and “Midas Touch: Why Some Entrepreneurs Get Rich — And Why Most Don’t.” 

But Mr. Trump, who has never held elected office, may not be so easily confined to the margins of the 2016 campaign. Thanks to his enormous media profile, he stands a good chance of qualifying for nationally televised debates, where his appetite for combat and skill at playing to the gallery could make him a powerfully disruptive presence. 

In the past, Mr. Trump’s presidential posturing has seldom been taken seriously, and for good reason: Ahead of the 2000 and 2012 elections, Mr. Trump twice hyped up the possibility of seeking the White House before abandoning the idea. 

Mr. Trump’s remarks in Midtown Manhattan are unlikely to allay suspicions that he is entering the race mainly to appear in debates and win attention from the media. He bragged extensively about the golf resorts he owns (“I have the best courses in the world”) and a hotel he is developing in Washington. 

Over the course of a more than 40-minute speech, Mr. Trump warned that the stock market may collapse again and mocked Secretary of State John F. Kerry for having broken his leg in a recent bicycle race. 

But Mr. Trump and his allies insist that he is serious about the race. He said he will file all the financial disclosure forms required by the Federal Election Commission, without requesting any extensions from the government. At one point, Mr. Trump held up a one-page document – compiled, he said, by a prominent accounting firm – purporting to show his net worth around $8.7 billion, with nearly all of his estimated assets in the form of property and licensing deals. 

A spokeswoman said he will fill out the F.E.C. paperwork in full, though it is unclear whether Mr. Trump will make a more complete disclosure of tax returns, as is customary for credible presidential candidates. 

Mr. Trump made his announcement in the atrium of Trump Tower, the luxury skyscraper on Fifth Avenue in New York City. 

Associates say Mr. Trump is willing, even eager, to spend his fortune in the race, and has hired staff in the early nominating states. 

“He has said a couple of times that he could easily put $100 million into the race and that he feels that would not impact him financially,” said Christopher Ruddy, a friend of Mr. Trump’s. 

Mr. Ruddy, who is chief executive of Newsmax, the conservative magazine and website, said Mr. Trump would bring an unaccustomed level of glamour to the Republican field. 

“He’s got that celebrity status,” Mr. Ruddy said. “Republicans sort of crave that, because we don’t have it, generally.” 

Geraldo Rivera, the veteran broadcaster who was a finalist on the reality show “Celebrity Apprentice,” said Mr. Trump would quickly leave a mark on the race thanks to his ability as a showman. 

“Right now, Jeb Bush is announcing,” Mr. Rivera said Monday afternoon. “Who would you rather watch, him or Trump?” 

But as well known as he is, Mr. Trump is also widely disliked: A recent Quinnipiac University poll found that about seven in 10 voters nationally hold an unfavorable view of him, including 52 percent of Republicans. 

In Overheard Interview, Jeb Bush Mocks Hillary Clinton and Opposes Gay Marriage 1:02 PM ET 
Mr. Trump has shown he is eager to scuffle with other Republicans, including Mr. Bush. He has spoken contemptuously, in public and private, about the former Florida governor, and swiped at him repeatedly during the kickoff event. 

“I don’t see how he can possibly get the nomination,” Mr. Trump said of Mr. Bush. “He’s weak on immigration. He’s in favor of Common Core. How the hell can you vote for this guy?” 

Mr. Trump’s policy views can be just as provocative as his demeanor. In the past, he has called climate change “a hoax” and said he has a “foolproof” plan to defeat the Islamic State that he will not reveal so as not to tip off the group. On Tuesday, Mr. Trump vowed to build a “Great Wall” on the Mexican border to keep out rapists and other criminals, who he said were sneaking into the United States in droves. 

Until now, he may be best known politically for his outspoken skepticism that President Obama was born in the United States. After his insistent demands during the 2012 race that Mr. Obama release his birth certificate, the president ultimately did just that, confirming he was born in Hawaii. 

Mr. Trump has donated money to both parties, including to Democrats such as Hillary Rodham Clinton. When Mr. Trump entertained a presidential bid in 2012, the conservative Club for Growth labeled him a liberal for his views on trade and his past support for universal health care, and accused him of having exploited government powers, including the use of eminent domain, to expand his real estate holdings. 

If Mr. Trump’s ideology has proved flexible, the cornerstone of his worldview has not: He has consistently been a passionate believer in Donald Trump, and his own capacity to bully and badger his way into the best possible deal. That skill set, Mr. Trump has argued, would be an asset to America. 

At present, Mr. Trump said, rivals on the world stage do not take the United States seriously. 

“They say: that is a group of people, and that is a nation, that truly has no clue,” Mr. Trump said.

This little bitch needs to stop with these endless publicity stunts and just get to work on the next Celebrity Apprentice. :morning:

Or even better, Vice-President Apprentice. :hail:

Tbh tho, I kind of like what he said. He was talking about how America is always getting involved with other countries and never worrying about ourselves... and it's fucking true and it's annoying. Worry about yourselves first, THEN if some other country needs help, call us.

Idk what all he spoke about in the 45 minute thing, but from what I've seen, I liked what he had to say.

Donald Trump is a sexist, racist, homophobic, elitist piece of shit that only cares about turning America into a corporation he can mooch off of and I hope his campaign fails again. Anyone who takes him seriously need to re-evaluate their lives and educate themselves on what he really stands for. 

As much as I'd love to see our first female president, I have to say I don't think I can pick Hilary as my first choice. Bernie Sanders is the closest thing we have to a perfect progressive presidential candidate imo and I'm backing him 100% - if he doesn't win the primary then I'll consider whomever the democratic candidate is because as of right now, the third part candidates are all shit and I would rather die than vote republican.

Also, if you're planning on voting this upcoming election, please go to isidewith.com to see who you truly side with more. I got 97% Bernie Sanders and less than :rockon:

• YAAASSS 1

Tbh tho, I kind of like what he said. He was talking about how America is always getting involved with other countries and never worrying about ourselves... and it's fucking true and it's annoying. Worry about yourselves first, THEN if some other country needs help, call us.

Idk what all he spoke about in the 45 minute thing, but from what I've seen, I liked what he had to say.

That's the problem, you didn't saw all the shit he said? I can't tbh

And as Cher said "Donald you can't even plan a proper haircut. How can you plan something against ISIS?" or something like that check her twitter.

• YAAASSS 1

That's the problem, you didn't saw all the shit he said? I can't tbh

And as Cher said "Donald you can't even plan a proper haircut. How can you plan something against ISIS?" or something like that check her twitter.

No I didn't watch it all lol but idk why she's saying anything to anyone, she can't plan a proper face injection  :lol:  :rofl: #Botched

Edited by Carcunt

Well, there's at least something we can agree on. The whole situation in the middle east was completely uncalled for and America needs to learn not to stick it's nose in where it's not wanted. :vacuum:

Donald Trump is a sexist, racist, homophobic, elitist piece of shit that only cares about turning America into a corporation he can mooch off of and I hope his campaign fails again. Anyone who takes him seriously need to re-evaluate their lives and educate themselves on what he really stands for. 

As much as I'd love to see our first female president, I have to say I don't think I can pick Hilary as my first choice. Bernie Sanders is the closest thing we have to a perfect progressive presidential candidate imo and I'm backing him 100% - if he doesn't win the primary then I'll consider whomever the democratic candidate is because as of right now, the third part candidates are all shit and I would rather die than vote republican.

Also, if you're planning on voting this upcoming election, please go to isidewith.com to see who you truly side with more. I got 97% Bernie Sanders and less than :rockon:

I quite like what I've heard of Bernie so far, but sadly he really has no chance against the force of nature that is the Clinton family. : I'd really love him to be considered as VP though, but we'll see what happens with that - either way, Hillary will always get her way. ;)