Natalia Kills, Cherrytree Records and X Factor Respond to Bullying Controversy

CAUQd3XU0AEVrKJ.jpg:large

Sacked X Factor NZ judges Willy Moon and Natalia Kills have packed their bags and left the country!

The pair were snapped dressed in all black with grins on their faces as they walked to the premium check-in area last night ahead of their flight to L.A.

Sunday night's episode of The X Factor NZ has gone viral around the world and caused a major backlash, with the likes of Kelly Osbourne, Cara Delevingne, Ed Sheeran and more reaching out to Joe Irvine in support.

MediaWorks, producers of The X Factor NZ, announced yesterday that the replacement judges would be announced in the following 48 hours.

Here's what Kills recently said in a statement:

”I feel like everyone needs to put the idea of it being a manufactured conspiracy theory behind them, there's really nothing to it. I love my husband with all of my heart, we'll stick together no matter what. There are many sides to this story and I am not about to get an entire industry in trouble that has been going on for years and years entertaining the masses, so thank you absolutely everyone for your support, thank you to all of my fans, thank you to my husband. I would like to wish Joe Irvine and my boys' category all the best on the show."

[img width=650 height=510] 2lwsk78.png

Notice the double spacing between MNEK and Nero? That's where her artist banner used to stand.

New Zealand On Air won't give taxpayer funding for another series of The X Factor and is steering clear of other big talent show formats, the funding agency confirmed today.

After it funded the current series, "New Zealand on Air decided that we had higher priorities for spending," said spokeswoman Allanah Kalafatelis.

New Zealand On Air paid MediaWorks $1.6 million for The X Factor series last year - where Moon and Kills were not judges - and $800,000 for this year's series, where they were.

So happy this bitch is finally having her downfall. :excited: As y'all know I've never liked her or her obnoxious personality (even though her music is occasionally decent) so I'm glad the rest of the world is starting to see things my way. ;)

Cherrytree Records

She's still on Interscope, just no longer using the Cherrytree management team.

Oh! She's not there anymore? I thought their vision was to promote small artists? I don't think this stunt makes her any more relevant than she was before...

Cherrytree Records

She's still on Interscope, just no longer using the Cherrytree management team.

Oh! She's not there anymore? I thought their vision was to promote small artists? I don't think this stunt makes her any more relevant than she was before...

Cherrytree is one of the small time imprints of Interscope. Artists tend to graduate from it, once they hit the big time. Obviously Natalia worked with Madonna, which increased her profile by enough to leave Cherrytree, at least within the industry. Gaga did the same thing once The Fame smashed. The incident has nothing to do with her leaving the label, as it happened months before she was even on The X Factor NZ.

Cherrytree is one of the small time imprints of Interscope. Artists tend to graduate from it, once they hit the big time. Obviously Natalia worked with Madonna, which increased her profile by enough to leave Cherrytree, at least within the industry. Gaga did the same thing once The Fame smashed. The incident has nothing to do with her leaving the label, as it happened months before she was even on The X Factor NZ.

That's my point. I doubt her relevance has increased any with or without this flunder.

That's my point. I doubt her relevance has increased any with or without this flunder.

And my point is that she doesn't really have to prove herself to the public or have any perceived "relevance". Having Madonna tell you that your work is good does mean something, even if it's just to some random A&Rs or label executives.