Hilary Duff reportedly files for divorce

Carcunt

hilary-duff-mike-comrie-luca-comrie.jpg?enlarged

A rep confirmed to Daily News in January of 2014 that the two had split after three years of marriage but “remain best friends and will continue to be in each other's lives. They are dedicated to loving and parenting their amazing son.â€Â

[iurl=http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/hilary-duff-files-divorce-husband-report-article-1.2123549]Source[/iurl]

It's sad for them I guess, but honestly I give them both a lot of kudos for trying as hard as they did and attempting to stick with their marriage even after they weren't officially in a relationship anymore. Hilary's an amazing girl tho and definitely deserves all the best and all the love in the world, so I just hope that whatever happens she's less busy going to therapy and has more time to record amazing music happy. :magic:

• YAAASSS 1

• 11 months later...

This has apparently just gone through officially!

A Los Angeles judge has finalized Hilary Duff's divorce from former NHL player Mike Comrie.

The judgment, which was first reported Tuesday by celebrity website TMZ, was finalized on Thursday.

The 28-year-old singer and actress starred in the "Lizzie McGuire" television series and film and stars on the TV Land series "Younger." Comrie played professional hockey between 2000 and 2011, ending his career with the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Duff and Comrie were married in August 2010 and separated in January 2014. They have a three-year-old son together and will share joint custody.

The judgment states the pair had a prenuptial agreement and Comrie is giving up rights to their home in exchange for a $2.4 million payment from Duff.

I'm sad they've broken up for good, but so proud that they're keeping a united front up for Luca. <3

4 hours ago, Countess said:

This has apparently just gone through officially!

I'm sad they've broken up for good, but so proud that they're keeping a united front up for Luca. <3

It's weird that they're still really good friends, despite the divorce. If they're still such good friends, why divorce?

8 hours ago, Countess said:

Unlike @trayertrash and her husband, not everyone can stay together for publicity after the passion has died and the vagina has loosened. :'( 

I guess so? I don't know much about their relationship, but in all her interviews, it sounds like she and him are still really good friends.

8 hours ago, Louis Tomlinson said:

Perhaps they're against open marriages? Either way, they're vacationing in Hawaii with their son right now.

I don't know what's messier. Growing up with divorced parents who don't talk, or divorced parents who are best friends. :stretcher: