Neon Hitch Launches IndieGoGo Campaign; Album Available Now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCjyUgqdc2c#ws

It's become very clear to me that my fans love my music more than any record label executive or radio DJ ever will. That's because my music is FOR them. So for that reason I have decided to put my music out through a new kind of record label that run for and by the fans. I call it The Fan Label and my specific Fan Label is called #WeRNeon. Record Labels are businesses so they are all about money. So that's why a new take on a record label has to figure out a revolutionary way to allocate the money that a traditional label dealt with. Here's our plan: the money that used to get spent on well paid executives and their staff to put out my music through a major record label will now flow into the hands of my fans who operate our Fan Label. My art department? Fans. My A&R's? Fans. My executives? Fans. My collaborators? Fans. My marketing geniuses? Fans. My radio promo team? Fans. My video producers? Fans. My photographers? Fans. I think you get the picture. Anything a record label can do ... my fans can do it betta!!!

I spent 4 years signed to Warner Brothers. I got to see first hand what the problems are with the traditional record label. There's too many executives and they never stay the same for more than a year or so... then you are at the mercy of a whole new set of executives. Meanwhile, I've recorded enough songs with some of the world's best producers for multiple albums but only been allowed to release a handful of songs. And its not like the songs that were released weren't successful enough to warrant an album either. My singles hit #1 on Billboard twice on their Dance charts (Luv U Betta & Gold), was featured on Gym Class Heroes's smash hit "Ass Back Home", and killed the game online with over 25 Million youtube views, over 20 million Spotify streams, tons of activity on social media, and whatever else you might expect of an emerging singer songwriter. After 4 years, 2 ownership switches, the departure of all of the team that signed me to Warner Brothers, and an album delayed for 3 years, I had to face my fans and make a decision. Go independent and take full creative control over my future, or try and slug it out as a pawn to the man. Looking back, the decision should have been very easy but at the time it was a very tough one to make. Being signed to a Major Label made me, a broke, often homeless, singer songwriter who grew up on a bus travelling with the circus, feel like I had made it. My mom and family and friends all congratulated me and told me how proud they were of me. I toured all around the world and played my dream venue Madison Square Garden. And its not like the independent record labels out there were "cracking the code" to the future of the music business. But then I saw some glimpses of hope like my friend Mackelmore becoming an independent superstar and artists like Amanda Palmer going to crowdfunding to fund their albums and tours. So I asked my family and friends and most importantly fans if they would support me doing something like this and the overwhelming support made me confident that I can flourish as an independent artist. So now I am running my Fan Label www.werneon.com using the same software (NationBuilder) that people use to organize political parties and grass roots movements and we are making things betta and faster than I ever did when I was signed tot he Major.

First and foremost it will allow my fans to finally get my first album Eleutheromanic. To release the album all of the producer fees ($50k) that were previously going to be paid by Warner Brothers have to be paid. I love my producers (they are my biggest fans and vice versa) and they deserve to be paid for the work they did and their facilities which makes my music possible. The best part about this is that once we hit this level, my Fan Label #WeRNeon will then release my album everywhere... but first all of you Indiegogo contributors will get a special edition version of the album sent to you directly from me.

The next thing this campaign will do is allow me to bring as powerful of a live show to as many of my fans as possible. If we hit the second level of the campaign ($100k) we are going to hire the fan tour team and buy the vehicles and gear needed to keep touring until I get to sing for and meet every fan of mine around the world. I live to make my fans happy and I'm so excited to go on my upcoming Yard Sale Tour and then keep on travelling to whatever places team #WeRNeon brings me to. I am a gypsy after all! Bring me to your city or country!!

If the campaign hits $200k then team #WeRNeon we will be shooting music videos for 3 songs and be featuring the talent and skills of my fans in each video. Fans will help with the treatment and ideas and work in each department on the video set including being featured in all of the videos.

If the campaign gets to $300k then it will then unlock the world's first Fan Album. I'm going to make an entire album with my super talented fans. This album will be the most collaborative album ever made and will allow us to showcase all of the talents of my wonderful Fans. My fans are incredible singers, songwriters, producers, graphic designers, and idea people... We don't need anyone but each other to make magic music!

If the campaign hits $500k then my fans and I will rent a huge house for a year where all of the most active members of #WeRNeon will work and live together making music and perfecting the work of the Fan Label. This will be filmed and we will release this as our own version of Big Brother that takes people inside the future of the music business and features all of us Eleutheromaniacs.

If the campaign hits $1Million then Fan Label will take on other artists to build their own Fan Labels. Let's think about it. Warner my old label was sold for more than $3Billion. Thats 3 thousand million dollars. So with only 0.003% of that money we can take a shot at creating the future business model for musicians and their fans.

What are you guys thinking of this campaign? At first I felt like $50 000 was a heap of money but really it only requires like 2500 people to donate $20 in order for her to reach her goal! It's pretty obtainable when you think of it that way.

She's also announced that her next album will be an entirely fan collaborative album, and revealed new t-shirts and necklaces, as well as the album artwork!

20141012091050-neoncoverart_sanpainting.jpg?1413130250

I'm tossing up between getting the signed CD mailed to me or the signed vinyl which also apparently comes with an instant download of the album, allegedly today?! Are you guys gonna buy anything? You can check out the full list of options here.

Mo buy the signed vinyl and leak the album on here! :magic:

I just did! Waiting for my "immediate" download now. :magic:

I'm considering getting a signed copy, but I think I'll probably just end up buying the $12 version. Big ups to that person who donated $10,000 in the first few hours though. :rockon:

Right?! What kind of rich bitch even donated that much money? Someone donated $1500 today to be in a music video today as well!

Excited by this! I think I'll get the signed cd.

I like the idea of the 301 necklace but I swear she never plays here so...

Right? :stretcher: If she'd ever actually come to Australia I would totally buy one of those necklaces but as it is...

I just did! Waiting for my "immediate" download now. :magic:

Right?! What kind of rich bitch even donated that much money? Someone donated $1500 today to be in a music video today as well!

Right? :stretcher: If she'd ever actually come to Australia I would totally buy one of those necklaces but as it is...

Lmfao. Have fun waiting all day. That's what happened when I bought the Yard Sale stems. I had to wait until her manager woke up and had to tweet her to finally have the stems emailed to me.

And by "immediate", I do believe she means immediately when the album is officially released.

She said on the livestream that people could get the album as early as yesterday tho. :vacuum:

Lmfao. Have fun waiting all day. That's what happened when I bought the Yard Sale stems. I had to wait until her manager woke up and had to tweet her to finally have the stems emailed to me.

Omfg, what a mess. :stretcher: I love that they're trying to do this independently but they're honestly so disorganized. Why don't they have this automated? :vacuum: I would tweet Neon about it but I'm pretty sure she and her management hate me for some reason tbh...:shocked:

• 3 weeks later...

They really do fucking hate you. The one I got was 4 minutes long with 6 songs.

I think the file got corrupted or something, cos when I look at it in Finder it said it was 4:20 or something but when I opened it in iTunes it was only thirty seconds long. :stretcher: But my friend sent it to me so it's all good!