My Gaga VMA Review

trayertrash

As being someone who stans for everything Gaga does, I have to say I was extremely disappointed. It felt sloppy, like a middle school dance team put it together in a day. The way she said "pop culture" was awful. I know it's just 2 seconds of the performance, but I cringed. I hated how it was suppose to be the first live performance, yet she didn't sing like half the song. Yes, I know changing/dancing takes a lot out of you on stage & you need back vocals, I have no issue with that, but there were so many points she could've sang more, but she didn't. I didn't think her vocals were the best, not bad, but most certainly not her best.

The concept of redoing her former eras wasn't something mind blowing or revolutionary like it was hyped to be. It felt like it had been done before, which is something I never really say about Gaga.

I really hope the rest of the era isn't this sloppy & her performances get better & the album is great.

Btw, she looked flawless in the mermaid (or whatever we're calling it) outfit & that ass looked scrumptious.

Besides the performance, I didn't see anything else, so if anybody has video of that, please let me know. I know there was apparently something with 1D & yams? Idk. My ass was sleeping.

I actually super liked it! Although I agree with you that the vocals weren't great, I think that the fact that the verses are sort of half-rapped allows for that a little more, even though I expected a bit more ad-libbing so she can show off that flawless voice.

There wasn't much else happening tbh. A heap of people booed 1D and Gaga turned around and gave them dirty looks. Then she went backstage to tell them she supported them and left the show cos she was sick of the negativity. 8) #ModernMotherTheresa

It was still better than Justin Timberlake's fifteen minute mini-concert and Miley grinding on Robin Thicke. By minute seven of Justin's performance, I was ready for it to be over, but it just kept going and going. :vacuum:

As for Miley, I can't say I'm surprised, but still: EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Gurl, I'm all for grinding on hot single men if you can, but Robin Thicke? Neither hot nor single. Her tongue was stuck out at pretty much any time she wasn't singing. It was hard to watch.

Guest JealousGirl

She was the best performance of the night, which isn't shocking since Kendrick's two minute feature with Robin Thicke was the second.

I think she did good for the first performance in months, as supposed to some pop stars who perform daily and can't get their shit down ever. The concept of the performance is not about just going through the eras, it's showing that Gaga is a blank canvas that can be reworked over and over again and still be something new everytime, and that is perfect. On the part about her not singing as much as she could, she was doing a hell of a lot of good dancing which is part of the performance too.

I liked it. B+

For me Kanye's performance was better, I didn't whatch Jt & Katy's performance but I heard they were good.

I like Gaga's theme of "reinvention", however I think it was messy.

I didn't like Kanye's performance. It was boring and plain and the whole "I'm mysterious, artistic, and Godlike" is already old and boring. :morning:

I loved JT's performance. It was really long though. I literally forgot I was watching the VMAs and thought I was watching like some E! Special on him or something.

Katy's performance was tacky and plain and I hate her new single. :vacuum:

I didn't like Kanye's performance. It was boring and plain and the whole "I'm mysterious, artistic, and Godlike" is already old and boring. :morning:

I loved JT's performance. It was really long though. I literally forgot I was watching the VMAs and thought I was watching like some E! Special on him or something.

Katy's performance was tacky and plain and I hate her new single. :vacuum:

I liked the visuals of Kanye's performance but it got boring after a while. I skipped JT's performance completely tbh, I'm so not here for 20 minutes of some tryhard doing the same dance moves while singing the same songs again and again. :morning: Katy's performance had a good idea but the execution was off imo.

I liked the visuals of Kanye's performance but it got boring after a while. I skipped JT's performance completely tbh, I'm so not here for 20 minutes of some tryhard doing the same dance moves while singing the same songs again and again. :morning: Katy's performance had a good idea but the execution was off imo.

I kind of liked the idea, but fuck Kanye.

JT > you. :morning:

I don't like Katy. Especially after she ripped of that 'single' of hers.

Gaga's would've been ok if I hadn't seen the Madison Square show, it just really raised my expectations. But the era's only beginning, so hope and all. But why did Robin Dicke have to be everywhere though. #douchenozzleofthesummer

Grossin Thicke can fuck right off tbh. His only song is one of the worst I've ever heard and he can't even make up for it with good looks. Gorl bai. :tan:

Grossin Thicke can fuck right off tbh. His only song is one of the worst I've ever heard and he can't even make up for it with good looks. Gorl bai. :tan:

Seriously like people accuse Lana and Gaga of being made famous by their parents, but that dickwad has been riding his dad's coattails for thirty years. Bitch tryna replace Justin Timberlake, but I think he's failing tbh. He looked like Simon Cowell at the VMAs too :stretcher: And of course this: http:// cdn.idolator. com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/20/robin-thicke-long-hair-600x450.jpg

Seriously like people accuse Lana and Gaga of being made famous by their parents, but that dickwad has been riding his dad's coattails for thirty years. Bitch tryna replace Justin Timberlake, but I think he's failing tbh. He looked like Simon Cowell at the VMAs too :stretcher: And of course this: http:// cdn.idolator. com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/20/robin-thicke-long-hair-600x450.jpg

:shocked: Right? Let's not even talk about the fact that when Gaga or Miley dress slutty, people call them whores, trashy and question their mental health. But when Robin Dicke makes use of the same outfits, he's called a player, sexy and somehow "talented". :vacuum:

And omg, that pic. :stretcher: He looks like he's gonna part the waves for us or something.