Your Stan History

Lights

Enlighten us dearies about your history of stanning. 

:popcorn:

Here's mine.

Basically, my stanning started in 2006. I got into Lily Allen and Gaga from 2008+. My stanning eventually dropped for Lily in about 2010, and for Gaga after she released Born This Way. I'm not into the production of the album, it's too dancey and I realized that this was the direction Gaga was going...

Flash forward to 2012 and I found a review of Electra Heart by Marina and the Diamonds. Oh god, I fell in LOVE. So that was about...May 2012 and I had her on repeat and that was the only thing I listened to, until I found TFJ and that was great too. I found Lana through one of my sister's friends and really like her until about January this year. I joined Operation Gaga in July of last year and I was just there because of the G&G leak, but that deepened my connection with Lana and Marina.

Gia, one of the OGG admins had a Lights set and I asked her about it and now I LOVE Lights. I guess I just replaced Lana with Lights....but in all seriousness I still am a casual fan of Lana. Thanks for reading this...it's been my forum/stan history.

1. Lights

2. Marina and the Diamonds

SHARE YOURS

In 1999 I became a Britney stan and I was a stan of Fey (a mexican singer).

Then it was all about Britney till 2007 that I became a HSM/Vanessa Hudgens stan.

In 2009 a dark fase of my life took place, since I met Gaga with Just Dance, but happily enough she released Alejandro a year after and it was over.

Then I met Dangerous Muse and Simon Curtis around the same date with I Want It All & Diablo.

In 2012 I met Lana Del Godrey and she became my top alongside with Britney.

And that's it my faves are Britney, Lana, DM & Simon.

I usually stan for Azealia, Marina, Lorde, Say Lou Lou & other "indie" singers and "gay male" singers. I like some Top 40 tracks and singer but I'm not a stan of them.

Omg, okay. Well the first person I ever stanned for was Gaga, who I still stan for to this day. She was the first person to get me interested in pop music/music in general and I'll always love her no matter how much she changes. <3

In 2007 I got into Rihanna with the Rated R album and I stanned for her up until this Unapologetic era tbh, now she's just a mess. In 2008 I downloaded Blackout by Britney and started getting into her majorly. I stanned for her until Femme Fatale but I still like her tbh. I stanned for Azealia like as soon as '212' came out but I've lost major respect for her with all these Twitter beefs.

I never liked Lana when 'Video Games' out, mainly because I found her fanbase super annoying and dramatic. But after I listened to 'Summertime Sadness' one day I kind of fell in love and I still am, despite her major Gaga shade. I stanned for Nicola Roberts when I heard Cinderella's Eyes and I liked Cheryl Cole's solo stuff so I was super excited when I heard Girls Aloud was reuniting. Sadly they were only together for another year before breaking up for good, but I recently bought all their albums and so I'm catching up on all their old stuff anyway.

There's a lot of other artists I've stanned for a while or so when their album came out and then lost interest in after a few years of nothing happening, but at the moment my Holy Trinity would be like:

1. Lady Gaga

2. Lana Del Rey

3. Girls Aloud

• 2 weeks later...

My stan began Beyonce back in 2003 when she released 'Dangerously in Love.' I was that little queer boy down the street who was bumping the title track, dancing around, popping, locking, and dropping while a crowd formed around me. I had no shamed in my stan for Beysus. And I've been stanning ever since.

Then I went on to pick up on Britney Spears back in like 2004 when 'In The Zone' came out. My cousin had even bought that CD for Christmas. I wanted anything and everything to do with Britney until 2007 and when she went through this...I don't even know what the hell she was going through but I remember thinking "Nuh, uh, ooh girl, I'm OUT."

I didn't stan for anyone until about 2008 when Lady Gaga was first coming up and I was like "DAS MAH BITCH" and I remember how wet I got when 'Fame Monster' came out and I was just all over that but when I heard about 'Born This Way' and seen the direction she was going with all of that, I dropped her too.

During the same time I starting getting into Gaga I found Nicki Minaj through one of my closest friends and I fell in love with the bitch. Especially being a hip-hop/rap fan. I knew she was definitely going place. Until Roman Reloaded, I still stan, she still my bitch, but I was immensely disappointed with how that was being formed. Though the Re-Up is really good.

Around the end of 2011 I was seeing this girl named Lana Del Rey all over Tumblr and I was like "Is this some new Mexican singer or something?" And I seriously avoided her ass like the Black Plague until the first week of February last year I heard some songs of Born To Die and I SERIOUSLY became the biggest stan EVER. I followed her every move and cried when I knew she was in a city near me and I couldn't see her.

I had stanned so hard for Azealia Bnks as well after '212' dropped but with all the Twitter beef and the release of '#YUNGRAPXEL' I dropped her ass too. But now with the release of '#ATMJAM' and 'Venus' I'm hopping on back that bandwagon.

But yeah, that's my Stanistory.

Even though I have other bitches I'm still getting into like Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, Birdy, Iggy Azelia, Ellie Goulding, Honey Cocaine, and Jhene Aiko.

• 2 years later...

AN UPDATE (if anyone cares): 

My stan began Beyonce back in 2003 when she released 'Dangerously in Love.' I was that little queer boy down the street who was bumping the title track, dancing around, popping, locking, and dropping while a crowd formed around me. I had no shamed in my stan for Beysus. And I've been stanning ever since.

Still stanning for this bitch. My main one, A1.

Then I went on to pick up on Britney Spears back in like 2004 when 'In The Zone' came out. My cousin had even bought that CD for Christmas. I wanted anything and everything to do with Britney until 2007 and when she went through this...I don't even know what the hell she was going through but I remember thinking "Nuh, uh, ooh girl, I'm OUT."

Britney Jean did give me hopes for her. I really enjoyed that shit. But I ain't a stan. Lol.

I didn't stan for anyone until about 2008 when Lady Gaga was first coming up and I was like "DAS MAH BITCH" and I remember how wet I got when 'Fame Monster' came out and I was just all over that but when I heard about 'Born This Way' and seen the direction she was going with all of that, I dropped her too.

Well, I gave ARTPOP in hopes to rekindle our relationship, and even though it is was dope CD, it's not exactly what I was hoping from it. So I still ain't stanning.

During the same time I starting getting into Gaga I found Nicki Minaj through one of my closest friends and I fell in love with the bitch. Especially being a hip-hop/rap fan. I knew she was definitely going place. Until Roman Reloaded, I still stan, she still my bitch, but I was immensely disappointed with how that was being formed. Though the Re-Up is really good.

MY BITCH ONIKA. Yo, I love this girl. For life. The Pinkprint was what I needed. Seriously, I know much of you may have not liked that shit, it was the most amzing Nic as done for me. <3 HA FO LYFE.

Around the end of 2011 I was seeing this girl named Lana Del Rey all over Tumblr and I was like "Is this some new Mexican singer or something?" And I seriously avoided her ass like the Black Plague until the first week of February last year I heard some songs of Born To Die and I SERIOUSLY became the biggest stan EVER. I followed her every move and cried when I knew she was in a city near me and I couldn't see her.

THIS BITCH. Well, Lana has definitely brought up memories that I extremely do not remember happening at all. But all in all, Ultraviolence was the love of my life after it's release. If there's a male version of a Lolita, I am forever one. Also, I plan my funeral 12 hours after Honeymoon drops.

I had stanned so hard for Azealia Bnks as well after '212' dropped but with all the Twitter beef and the release of '#YUNGRAPXEL' I dropped her ass too. But now with the release of '#ATMJAM' and 'Venus' I'm hopping on back that bandwagon.

Fuck this bitch, she ruined her chance. SMFH.

Even though I have other bitches I'm still getting into like Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, Birdy, Iggy Azelia, Ellie Goulding, Honey Cocaine, and Jhene Aiko.

So yeah, Jhene? Total babe. I love her. Her music is totally my shit. It hits me on a spiritual level. No lie. Ha.

I also started stanning for Tinashe. Aquarius was not what I expected. It was beautiful. And then dropping Amethyst, and for FREE?! I'm totally excited for Joyride.

• YAAASSS 1

Britney Jean did give me hopes for her. I really enjoyed that shit. But I ain't a stan. Lol.

Well, I gave ARTPOP in hopes to rekindle our relationship, and even though it is was dope CD, it's not exactly what I was hoping from it. So I still ain't stanning.

MY BITCH ONIKA. Yo, I love this girl. For life. The Pinkprint was what I needed. Seriously, I know much of you may have not liked that shit, it was the most amzing Nic as done for me. <3 HA FO LYFE.

THIS BITCH. Well, Lana has definitely brought up memories that I extremely do not remember happening at all. But all in all, Ultraviolence was the love of my life after it's release. If there's a male version of a Lolita, I am forever one. Also, I plan my funeral 12 hours after Honeymoon drops.

So yeah, Jhene? Total babe. I love her. Her music is totally my shit. It hits me on a spiritual level. No lie. Ha.

I also started stanning for Tinashe. Aquarius was not what I expected. It was beautiful. And then dropping Amethyst, and for FREE?! I'm totally excited for Joyride.

Omg, I'm honestly shocked that The Pinkprint made you stan for Nicki again! If anything, I feel like that album was just as all over the place as Roman Reloaded but only like one tenth as catchy. :stretcher: 

my first stan is Lady Gaga when she released BTW (album). She get me into pop music. After I was listening to all "pop divas", but never stanned anyone, now i just hear some random shits, actually my top 3 faves is: Lady Gaga, Azealia Banks and Blood Orange

Mess at you still stanning Azealia. :morning: 

Omg, I'm honestly shocked that The Pinkprint made you stan for Nicki again! If anything, I feel like that album was just as all over the place as Roman Reloaded but only like one tenth as catchy. :stretcher: 

I will always and forever stan for Nicki. I think The Pinkprint was phenomenal. I can sing each song through and through. Except for 'Wamables' but that's because i hardly hear it /:

Roman Reloaded to me should've been a double disc and it would've been fine. Honestly, one side was only rap/hip-hop while the other was like pop/club.

my first stan is Lady Gaga when she released BTW (album). She get me into pop music. After I was listening to all "pop divas", but never stanned anyone, now i just hear some random shits, actually my top 3 faves is: Lady Gaga, Azealia Banks and Blood Orange

You still stan for Azealia ? Lol. I still bumpo her old stuff but her newer things are just not up to par /:

I only stan for male blue grass artists from 1943 and bands you've never heard of. My favorite band is Lightness In Shadows. I saw their only show in a basement in 2024 that lasted one song before the band died of spontaneous combustion. Anything else is too mainstream for me. :morning:

Tell me why I googled them to try it out and then realized the troll that you are. :stretcher:

• YAAASSS 2

You still stan for Azealia ? Lol. I still bumpo her old stuff but her newer things are just not up to par /:

her CD is fantastic, I listen to it everyday

I only stan for male blue grass artists from 1943 and bands you've never heard of. My favorite band is Lightness In Shadows. I saw their only show in a basement in 2024 that lasted one song before the band died of spontaneous combustion. Anything else is too mainstream for me. :morning:

Tell me why I googled them to try it out and then realized the troll that you are. :stretcher:

:stretcher: 2024 :stretcher: spontaneous combustion :stretcher: 

• YAAASSS 1

her CD is fantastic, I listen to it everyday

I only liked a few songs. BBD, Ice Princess, Chasing Time, and Miss Amor. The rest just sounded repetitive.

:stretcher: 2024 :stretcher: spontaneous combustion :stretcher: 

I know! I've been off my game lately tbh. Lol.

I will always and forever stan for Nicki. I think The Pinkprint was phenomenal. I can sing each song through and through. Except for 'Wamables' but that's because i hardly hear it /:

Roman Reloaded to me should've been a double disc and it would've been fine. Honestly, one side was only rap/hip-hop while the other was like pop/club.

I completely agree with you on that tbh! Even the album itself was almost perfectly divided with only a tiny bit of crossover between genres, so it would have made total sense as well as being a cute marketing tool. ;)