American Idol

Main Pop Girl

american-idol_logo.jpg

American Idol is a reality game show/singing competition created by Simon Fuller and produced by 19 Entertainment, and distributed by FremantleMedia North America. It began airing on Fox on June 11, 2002, as an addition to the Idol franchise based on the UK show Pop Idol and has since become one of the most successful shows in the history of American television. ' For an unprecedented eight consecutive years, from the 2003-04 season through the 2010-11 season, either its performance or result show had been ranked number one in U.S. television ratings.

The concept of the series is to find new solo recording artists where the winner is determined by the viewers. Winners chosen by viewers through telephone, Internet, and SMS text voting were Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Hicks, Jordin Sparks, David Cook, Kris Allen, Lee DeWyze, Scotty McCreery and Phillip Phillips.

The series employs a panel of judges who critique the contestants' performances. The original judges were record producer and music manager Randy Jackson, pop singer and choreographer Paula Abdul and music executive and manager Simon Cowell. The current season's judging panel consists of Jackson, R&B singer Mariah Carey, hip hop artist Nicki Minaj, and country singer Keith Urban. Radio personality Ryan Seacrest is the emcee of the show.

has anyone been watching the new season? basically i just tune in to see nicki's new wig each week ;) but i also really like the stuttering guy and i liked the glitter guy before they kicked him out! how about you guys? who's you favourite judge and who are you rooting for!

Tbh, the only seasons I watched were the ones with Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken, Adam Lambert/Allison Iratheta & Crystal Bowersox, but I'm rooting for this babe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxoW_oXs2jw

omggggg i love her! :hail: she was sooooo good! even though her voice is a bit wavery, she has so much passion, it's amazing! <3

angela's really good on stage but something about her personality annoys me for some reason! she just seems like a barbie or something. amber's pretty good imo but she doesn't have the best voice in the competition.

I only like Amber because I loved that falsetto she did in the song she sang at Sudden Death :P

• 2 weeks later...

okay, is it just me or is this show turning into a hot ass mess? the judges give like the same critiques for everything, the songs the contestants sing all sound the same, and i'm just bored in general with the whole thing. there's no one i'm really loving in the lineup atm and i feel like the show is badly organised. i mean last episode, nicki got there late, ryan disappeared randomly for like half the show, and they kept cutting off mariah's critiques with ads.

what do you guys think? are you still here for ai or are you completely over it? :/

I haven't watched the whole show this year, normally I'd watch live stream but I only watched the performances on Youtube so all looks fine to me :P

I'm still here for Angie and Amber :) Oh and maybe Candice too. I'm sure a girl will win this year

oooh fair enough then! i just realised, i think the reason they keep cutting off mariah and ryan is because in my country the show isn't aired live and it's all condensed into one two hour show. so that makes more sense now!

i also reaaaaallly like amber after her latest performance, but i have to say that candice blew it out of the fucking park! :hail: she sounded and looked amazing last night and totally gave me hope for the rest of the competition!

i'm watching the results now so i'll let you know what i think ;)

• 1 month later...

Who's been watching this?! We're down to four girls now - Candice, Amber, Angie and Kree.

I was SO shocked that Candice and Amber were in the bottom two last night. Kree definitely needs to be voted out but I have a feeling all the country people are voting for her, so she might stick around longer than expected.

For me, Candice definitely has the best voice, but Angie is more emotive and interesting in her performances. But I think Amber would make the overall best pop star. And Kree has the country vote. I honestly have no idea who's going to win!

Who's been watching this?! We're down to four girls now - Candice, Amber, Angie and Kree.

I was SO shocked that Candice and Amber were in the bottom two last night. Kree definitely needs to be voted out but I have a feeling all the country people are voting for her, so she might stick around longer than expected.

For me, Candice definitely has the best voice, but Angie is more emotive and interesting in her performances. But I think Amber would make the overall best pop star. And Kree has the country vote. I honestly have no idea who's going to win!

They're down to the last four? Now's about the right time for me to start watching. I'm waiting for Carly Rae's performance of "Take a Picture". Hopefully she doesn't bomb it.

They're down to the last four? Now's about the right time for me to start watching. I'm waiting for Carly Rae's performance of "Take a Picture". Hopefully she doesn't bomb it.

Yusss get into it and tell me who you want to win! And OMG I forgot about that flop song. :stretcher: It sounds catchy though, I'm sure I'll be twerking.